Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 364
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,773
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well this is going to get a lot uglier.

    Mason's attorney indicating an incoming lawsuit:
    Mason hiding behind lawyers... That's not something innocent people typically do.

    And Tomlin's word means less than a grain of salt to me.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,669
    Garafolo reiterating that the helmets don't have mic's, and that's what Myles is claiming is why it wasn't picked up:

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,773
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The NFL has more to lose from potentially covering up a racist slur than they have to lose from some no name backup using a slur. If he said it and the NFL suspended him for it who would be upset?

    Another point that nobody has really mentioned, why would he say it? He's literally on the field with 15-20 other black guys, several of whom are his friends that are standing up for him. He's played a predominantly black sport his entire life, you really think it would take 20 years to expose him as a racist?



    Only white people go to private school? That's an interesting take when many black NFL players attend private schools geared towards prepping them for athletic careers. I have no clue where most NFL players go to college, but I guarantee nobody would make "private school" jokes about Cam Newton, yet his family has other NFL talent and he was a high recruit so I wouldn't be shocked if he was in private school.

    Private school is for rich people who want their kids to get a quality education, it has nothing to do with race unless you're wanting to debate about which races tend to be rich. I've only ever been in public schools because my family was poor and uneducated.
    Yeah but the NFL has the most to lose if one of their players said it at all. Can you imagine how big of a **** storm it would be if the NFL came out and actually admitted that one of their white players said that?

    I don't know if Mason said it or not.... I just don't think we should be jumping to conclusions and assuming he didn't. He's proven to be a piece of ****. Can anyone in here honestly say that from everything he's shown, he's not a guy that would say that in the heat of the moment?

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,773
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Garafolo reiterating that the helmets don't have mic's, and that's what Myles is claiming is why it wasn't picked up:
    They do if a player is "Mic'd up" during a primetime game...

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,669
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    They do if a player is "Mic'd up" during a primetime game...
    It's not in the helmet. It's in the pads.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Well it seems the reinstatement sure ain't gon last long the way this keeps up

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,773
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's not in the helmet. It's in the pads.
    Looks like you're correct... Learn something new every day lol

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,091
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,669
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Looks like you're correct... Learn something new every day lol
    Yea, not that it means what it wasn't said....but you think Myles would know where the mic is considering he's been mic'd up and has had teammates mic'd up in game before. So what would he say something about the mic being in the helmet?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,508
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Mason hiding behind lawyers... That's not something innocent people typically do.

    And Tomlin's word means less than a grain of salt to me.
    It's not a matter of innocence, hes not on trial. This is a matter of defamation. If he did say it, I don't think he'd be dragging it out further and would prefer it to die. Bringing lawyers into it seems like hes not willing to let Garrett label him a racist and potentially ruin his career.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah but the NFL has the most to lose if one of their players said it at all. Can you imagine how big of a **** storm it would be if the NFL came out and actually admitted that one of their white players said that?

    I don't know if Mason said it or not.... I just don't think we should be jumping to conclusions and assuming he didn't. He's proven to be a piece of ****. Can anyone in here honestly say that from everything he's shown, he's not a guy that would say that in the heat of the moment?
    Again, I'm not invested in Rudolph at all, so if he's a racist, I hope he gets exposed and suspended. But there's a few issues I have with this logic. There's hundreds, maybe a thousand, white NFL players, are we naive to think that not one of them is racist? Why does one racist look bad? I don't remember Riley Cooper making the entire league look bad.

    But to counter your last paragraph, no, you cant say he wouldn't, just like you can't say he would. Nobody here knows him, so the only way you can justify thinking that is with negative white stereotypes.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    10,957
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Garafolo reiterating that the helmets don't have mic's, and that's what Myles is claiming is why it wasn't picked up:
    Garrett who is not a QB prob talking about the headsets QBs do have to hear the plays? I wouldn't look much into that other then he thought those were 2 way communication's? But Hey he's the one yelling for the tapes to be released not Rudolph.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,669
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Garrett who is not a QB prob talking about the headsets QBs do have to hear the plays? I wouldn't look much into that other then he thought those were 2 way communication's? But Hey he's the one yelling for the tapes to be released not Rudolph.
    I'd be doubtful of anyone saying they don't know those headsets aren't two way communication.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,353
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Only white people go to private school? That's an interesting take when many black NFL players attend private schools geared towards prepping them for athletic careers. I have no clue where most NFL players go to college, but I guarantee nobody would make "private school" jokes about Cam Newton, yet his family has other NFL talent and he was a high recruit so I wouldn't be shocked if he was in private school.

    Private school is for rich people who want their kids to get a quality education, it has nothing to do with race unless you're wanting to debate about which races tend to be rich. I've only ever been in public schools because my family was poor and uneducated.
    Just look up the demographics of private schools vs. public schools. White Flight is actually very well researched.

    Wealth is obviously linked to race because of the history of slavery and racial discrimination, including straight-up massacres of black people who became rich like in Tulsa.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    10,957
    Tomlins opinion means nothing because he wasn't involved.

    As for the lawsuit I figured Rudolph would file one to protect himself. But there is no Evidence one way or the other. Lets not forget Garrett never wanted this to go public. Someone from the NFL leaked it. So im not sure Rudolph really has a case here.

    Once again to me if Garrett was lying he had the perfect opportunity to sweep this all under the rug. When asked about the slur he could've said "Honestly im just looking forward to getting back on the field. Playing with my teammates again, learning a new system and just playing football. I regret everything I did and can't wait to prove that I belong here". Honestly that's what he should've said lol. But considering he is doubling down on this makes me lean towards he's telling the truth.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,353
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Mason's attorney indicating an incoming lawsuit:
    Props to prodigy for having the correct impression of this guy's character right away.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •