Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Just look up the demographics of private schools vs. public schools. White Flight is actually very well researched.

Wealth is obviously linked to race because of the history of slavery and racial discrimination, including straight-up massacres of black people who became rich like in Tulsa.
    I'm not disputing any of this, I'm stating that black people attend private schools as well. Nobody would say "daddy helped Russell Wilson get where he is with his money and outrageous private school," yet he grew up more privileged than probably anyone here regardless of race.

I feel most "white privilege/ flight/ gentrification" comments have more to do with "majority privilege" or rich privilege. The fact that a derogatory phrase like 'white flight' exists for someone moving from a potentially undesirable area is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Whatever, I need to enjoy life and celebrate the 7th year anniversary of my dad's passing. I ain't got time to talk with people who decided they know what exactly went on.
    Sorry to hear man, I'm coming up on 9 for my mom so I know how you feel

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The fact that a derogatory phrase like 'white flight' exists for someone moving from a potentially undesirable area is funny.
    It's not really derogatory when it's an accurate description. White people moving to the suburbs. Sure, there's a level of wealth involved in order to afford such a move, but the term only refers to people who did. As for undesirable areas I never understood what is desirable about living in the suburbs.

Sorry to hear man, I'm coming up on 9 for my mom so I know how you feel
    Same here in 3 months. It sucks.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    LOL you ar completely backwards. He wants to drag it out so people (mainly teammates) don't beat his *****. So he can act innocent if he did say it.

I would prefer Garrett to move on though. With no proof one way or the other no point in talking about it. Just me though. Rudoplh still a piece of crap.

Someone mentioned why would Rudolph say it. That's pretty simple. He grewup around it and supports people to have that behavior. now add a HORRIBLE game prob the worse he's ever had, picks, fumbles, sacks etc... Then Garrett kinda dragged him down at end of game. The anger got the better of him. Honestly he might not even recall saying it. If he blacked out in anger that can happen. I've been there.
    Again, you're making assumptions based on him being white. "He grew up around it", how do you know that? Like you're seriously implying he went into a racist rage that caused him to blackout? I mean he get brained with a helmet, so there could be memory loss lol. And if his teammates believed it and were gonna beat his ***, it would've happened 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's not really derogatory when it's an accurate description. White people moving to the suburbs. Sure, there's a level of wealth involved in order to afford such a move, but the term only refers to people who did. As for undesirable areas I never understood what is desirable about living in the suburbs.
    It's derogatory when it's used to imply theres anything wrong with it. I hear the same thing about my hometown. I love my hometown, but sorry if I don't want my family living around opioid addicts, thieves, and alcoholics like I did. Theres nothing wrong with leaving a ****** area, regardless of race. On the flip side, if I started buying cheap properties in my hometown, I'd suddenly be called a racist for gentrification. Move in? Racist. Move out? Racist. Stay in place? Probably racist.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Again, you're making assumptions based on him being white. "He grew up around it", how do you know that? Like you're seriously implying he went into a racist rage that caused him to blackout? I mean he get brained with a helmet, so there could be memory loss lol. And if his teammates believed it and were gonna beat his ***, it would've happened 3 months ago.

It's derogatory when it's used to imply theres anything wrong with it. I hear the same thing about my hometown. I love my hometown, but sorry if I don't want my family living around opioid addicts, thieves, and alcoholics like I did. Theres nothing wrong with leaving a ****** area, regardless of race. On the flip side, if I started buying cheap properties in my hometown, I'd suddenly be called a racist for gentrification. Move in? Racist. Move out? Racist. Stay in place? Probably racist.
    WhItE pEoPlE aRe So PeRsEcUtEd

my god you people sound like such whiny little *****es
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

I'm not disputing any of this, I'm stating that black people attend private schools as well. Nobody would say "daddy helped Russell Wilson get where he is with his money and outrageous private school," yet he grew up more privileged than probably anyone here regardless of race.
    Because to be perfectly honest. Wealthy black men are typically not as raciest as wealthy white men. In my line of work I see many of both wealthy white and black men. But once again I judge everyone equally. If Wilson is in a fight and is excused of using slurs in a hateful way (he is mixed) Then I will take a deeper look at who he is as a person.
    Last edited by prodigy; 02-15-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

I'm basing it off how he grew up and who he supports to determine if I feel he would do this. Answer is yes. Once again I'm aloud to assume whatever I want. you also assume he didn't say it lol. none of us know. I've mentioned many times this is my opinion and he may not have said it. But im giving my opinions in an opinion sports forum.

Also anyone is capable of saying anything of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I guarantee you that everyone in this thread has said something they regret in the heat of the moment when they lose their temper at one point or another in their lives.

We know that Rudolph was behaving terribly in that moment and you can guarantee that he said some vile things as well. How vile it was is a matter of opinion at this point.
    no question. agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Calling people the N word and being racist are horrible things. So Myles is right to really drag Rudolph if thatís what happened. But at the same time, if it didnít, then Rudolph is right to protect his name from this awful accusation. One of them is a really awful human being.
    There's ways back for both though. Garrett does amazing charity work. a few days after this incident he was actually at a charity event. Most people would be hiding, but here he is still giving back. He's also the leader of "the waterboys" a Chris long foundation that helps get water to other countries. Not sure what Rudolph does but I hope he keeps giving back. This is how both of them come back from any mishaps they may have.

If Garrett is lying or Rudolph did say it. Both need to pray and give back.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    WhItE pEoPlE aRe So PeRsEcUtEd

my god you people sound like such whiny little *****es
    Because that's totally what was said. People should be allowed to live where they want without far left racist accusations to manufacture diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I'm basing it off how he grew up and who he supports to determine if I feel he would do this. Answer is yes. Once again I'm aloud to assume whatever I want. you also assume he didn't say it lol. none of us know. I've mentioned many times this is my opinion and he may not have said it. But im giving my opinions in an opinion sports forum.

Also anyone is capable of saying anything of course.
    You're completely missing my point. You don't know how he grew up so any assertion you're making based on how you think he grew up and his "daddy/lawyer/ private school" are racially motivated opinions whether you realize or not.

You're free to have any opinion you want, including racist opinions, I'm just questioning if you even realize it because I'm certainly not assuming you're a typically racist person. I kinda doubt you'd be okay with someone saying "hmmm, in my experience, black guys don't have dads and can't control their anger and are more likely to falsely accuse someone of racism after attacking them; so I think Garrett is lying." That's totally a racist comment with no knowledge of his upbringing; but still just an opinion someone could have.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I'm glad Rudolph and his attorney are threatening a lawsuit against Garrett. The whole thing about Garrett not saying anything about the derogatory term until after the suspension is so sketchy to me. He doesn't sound believable in the slightest imo and it's going to cost him a ton of money because there is no proof Rudolph said it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm glad Rudolph and his attorney are threatening a lawsuit against Garrett. The whole thing about Garrett not saying anything about the derogatory term until after the suspension is so sketchy to me. He doesn't sound believable in the slightest imo and it's going to cost him a ton of money because there is no proof Rudolph said it.
    That's the thing though if there is no proof one way or the other then how does that get settled?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    as was said in the original thread, had there not been players between Garrett and Rudolph that helmet swing could easily have resulted in significant head trauma for Rudolph and jail time for Garrett.....the fact that it didn't happen that way doesn't change the potential.........and again, it's not that Garrett's suspension should have been less, it's that Rudolph's should have been more
    Maybe Rudolph shouldn't have started **** with someone twice his size. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Maybe Rudolph shouldn't have started **** with someone twice his size. Just sayin
    of course he shouldn't have...he reacted poorly by EVERY angle possible
    neither has an excuse for their actions
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Calling people the N word and being racist are horrible things. So Myles is right to really drag Rudolph if thatís what happened. But at the same time, if it didnít, then Rudolph is right to protect his name from this awful accusation. One of them is a really awful human being.
    well when all else fails and the person smacks a dude with his helmet and then realizes his mistake thus him tossing out OMG HE CALLED ME THE N WORD 2 hours later to cover up his stupidity and justify it says all anyone needs to know.

its pretty clear just by using logic that in all the times the steelers QB was hit by a black dude that he never said this but all of a sudden he is accused of it by a dude that just hit him square in the head with a weapon.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast