Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    For anyone that believes Garrett that Mason said a racial slur: thatís fine you do you.

But I got a question:
    If you think the NFL is covering it up, what do they have to gain from protecting a backup QB whoís likely out of the game by the end of his rookie contract over a potential defensive face of the league?
    It's just a bad look for the league.

You have to look at it from the perspective of that time period - Myles committed an egregious act that not only had fans in an uproar, but even announcers were saying it's the worst thing they've ever seen on a football field. People were calling it assault, people were calling it ATTEMPTED MURDER. People who aren't even football fans were giving their input. Whether or not you believe that is irrelevant - the NFL felt obligated/pressured to hand out a swift, indefinite suspension. And so they did.

Once it leaked that Myles said he called him a racial slur, then it makes 100% sense that the NFL would want to try to cover it up (if it happened of course). They would not want it known that they gave a swift punishment to a black man who was called a racial slur while giving a slap on the wrist to the white man.

And it's not a new precedent either - they went out of their way to act like they had nothing for the Ray Rice incident and turns out they had already known about the video and ONLY reacted swiftly once it became public.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Regardless of this situation, the NFL never purposefully releases footage of players using obscenities. Not in Mic'd Up segments or anything else. The NFL has nothing to gain from releasing audio of players calling each other the n-word.
    Had to be around 10 years ago now, but I recall someone like Ray Lewis saying something about how much worse things than the F word or MFer was said in every game, but everyone leaves it on the field and doesn't talk about it because non-players don't need to know.

But regarding this situation if I were the NFL, I sure as hell would not release it, when it was used by a white QB who wasn't suspended against a black DL who I suspended for 6 games. That would piss off not just people who would rightfully be upset by the use of the term, but also create political drama that would trigger the fragile "stick to sports" crowd.
    Taking offense at word use would be fragile, expecting people to do their jobs is not.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Regardless of this situation, the NFL never purposefully releases footage of players using obscenities. Not in Mic'd Up segments or anything else. The NFL has nothing to gain from releasing audio of players calling each other the n-word.

But regarding this situation if I were the NFL, I sure as hell would not release it, when it was used by a white QB who wasn't suspended against a black DL who I suspended for 6 games. That would piss off not just people who would rightfully be upset by the use of the term, but also create political drama that would trigger the fragile "stick to sports" crowd.
    I didnít say they need to release it, and they shouldnít. But if it was said and the NFL covers it up, I think that it makes it worse than saying ďyea he said it.Ē

I think covering it up to protect a soon to be out of the league backup QB would be far worse for them than admitting it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It's just a bad look for the league.

You have to look at it from the perspective of that time period - Myles committed an egregious act that not only had fans in an uproar, but even announcers were saying it's the worst thing they've ever seen on a football field. People were calling it assault, people were calling it ATTEMPTED MURDER. People who aren't even football fans were giving their input. Whether or not you believe that is irrelevant - the NFL felt obligated/pressured to hand out a swift, indefinite suspension. And so they did.

Once it leaked that Myles said he called him a racial slur, then it makes 100% sense that the NFL would want to try to cover it up (if it happened of course). They would not want it known that they gave a swift punishment to a black man who was called a racial slur while giving a slap on the wrist to the white man.

And it's not a new precedent either - they went out of their way to act like they had nothing for the Ray Rice incident and turns out they had already known about the video and ONLY reacted swiftly once it became public.
    I agree with some of this. The reaction reminded me of the Haynesworth/Garraurd incident.

Hereís my thing and the stuff with did or didnít he say it:
    If he did and it was proven, I would love to see our team show some morals and cut him. The issue is most players around there said they didnít hear anything, so itís hard to go to such measures when no one knows for sure in one persons word to the other. I rather see he cut right now because heís ****ing terrible. I hope Colbert is trying to pull an Obi-Wan when he says weíre happy without our QBs and he isnít looking to bring in a vet. That Rudolph/Hodges duo was trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Taking offense at word use would be fragile, expecting people to do their jobs is not.
    Sorry, I meant upset by the disparity in punishment handed out given the circumstances, part of which is the alleged use of the n-word.

But I remember you taking offense to the word cracker. Does that mean you're fragile?

As for "people to do their jobs" standing for the flag is politically correct, but not part of any NFL rules.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-14-2020 at 05:23 PM.

I didnít say they need to release it, and they shouldnít. But if it was said and the NFL covers it up, I think that it makes it worse than saying ďyea he said it.Ē

I think covering it up to protect a soon to be out of the league backup QB would be far worse for them than admitting it happened.
    Sure, it would, but you were asking why the NFL would cover it up.

It's not about the "soon to be out of the league backup QB", but about the money the NFL would lose in such a scandal.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-14-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Sorry, I meant upset by the disparity in punishment handed out given the circumstances, part of which is the alleged use of the n-word.

But I remember you taking offense to the word cracker. Does that mean you're fragile?

As for "people to do their jobs" standing for the flag is politically correct, but not part of any NFL rules.
    I do not take offense to any childish notions of "bad words".

Probably not worth rehashing at this point, but as pointed out many times, the whole flag thing at football games was a paid advertisement from the government as a military recruitment tool. The money collected goes into the NFL earnings pool which is split between owners and players, leading to the salary cap and every player contract. Selling advertising and then detracting from the impact of that advertisement is fraud. Intentionally taking actions to detract from the advertising revenue of the NFL is unacceptable for any NFL employee.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I do not take offense to any childish notions of "bad words".
    You seem to make a big deal out of words like honky and cracker though.

Probably not worth rehashing at this point, but as pointed out many times, the whole flag thing at football games was a paid advertisement from the government as a military recruitment tool. The money collected goes into the NFL earnings pool which is split between owners and players, leading to the salary cap and every player contract. Selling advertising and then detracting from the impact of that advertisement is fraud. Intentionally taking actions to detract from the advertising revenue of the NFL is unacceptable for any NFL employee.
    I'm pretty sure Kap's protest brought more attention to the pre-game ceremonies. It certainly drummed up a fair bit of nationalist fervor, which is good for military recruiting.

Sure, it would, but you were asking why the NFL would cover it up.

It's not about the "soon to be out of the league backup QB", but about the money the NFL would lose in such a scandal.
    Fair enough. Itíd be interesting what the economic impact would be.

And this is my opinion, I think if he said it, admitting it and doing something about it would hurt short term but not long term. Covering it up and it somehow getting out there would have both long and short term impact.

Fair enough. Itíd be interesting what the economic impact would be.

And this is my opinion, I think if he said it, admitting it and doing something about it would hurt short term but not long term. Covering it up and it somehow getting out there would have both long and short term impact.
    Yes, but it not getting out would hurt them the least.

Yes, but it not getting out would hurt them the least.
    True. Plus this keeps the NFL in the news cycle when it normally isnít.

I agree with some of this. The reaction reminded me of the Haynesworth/Garraurd incident.

If he did and it was proven, I would love to see our team show some morals and cut him. The issue is most players around there said they didnít hear anything, so itís hard to go to such measures when no one knows for sure in one persons word to the other. I rather see he cut right now because heís ****ing terrible. I hope Colbert is trying to pull an Obi-Wan when he says weíre happy without our QBs and he isnít looking to bring in a vet. That Rudolph/Hodges duo was trash.
    That's perfectly fair. Even though I believe Myles, I wouldn't want to see anyone get cut just because another person made a claim. That would be madness.

If Mason doesn't get better as a football player then he won't last long anyway.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    That's perfectly fair. Even though I believe Myles, I wouldn't want to see anyone get cut just because another person made a claim. That would be madness.

If Mason doesn't get better as a football player then he won't last long anyway.
    Yea, being perfectly honest I have no reason to believe him, but I donít have a reason not to believe him.

Itís Schroedingers Slur.

People gotta stop with this "players on tje field didnt hear it". Well no crap! Pretty sure Rudolph wasnt going to rip of his jersey exposing a shirt that says it Bruce willis style. (Does anyone remember name of that movie I cant remember and wanna watch it lol). But it was said when they were close to each other. Btw- Rudolph should be cut anyway. Hes an ignorant crap QB.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Yea, being perfectly honest I have no reason to believe him, but I donít have a reason not to believe him.

Itís Schroedingers Slur.
    Rudolph's press conferences tells me he is def capable of saying it. You gotta admit those were horrible looks for him as a person. If he came off more sincere he would look better. But mason looked like he just got accused of fighting at his boarding school and just had daddy pay his way out.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast