Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Let them believe whatever they want. Itís not worth it. Because their opinions are going to change on the matter the moment their teams are involved.

FWIW Myles was reiterating the racial slur angle to it. I think itís strange to not say something until your appeal, say it then, and then wait until after the reinstatement.
    After I'm reinstated is exactly when I would say it again.

Not while I'm on "indefinite suspension" and hoping the league office gives me my job back.

And if Mason Rudolph was on the Eagles, I sure as hell would not defend him.

What an embarrassment that guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    One of the best hitters ever hitting some fat stupid drunk Could end very much worse. But don't trespass and run towards someone.
    Right, like don't assault Garrett unless you want to get bonked.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    War admitting that he only has his view because of the team Rudolph plays for. I gotta give you props because not many people admit so clearly that they're a homer.

As far as the racial slur, I think it's strange that you feel you have the right to question the significance of that word when used against a black person and to then assume how they should feel or react when it's used against him. I'm not doing to sit here and pretend that I know what I would do or how I would feel in that situation because I have no clue. I have zero clue as to what type of hurt that word actually has and I'll never know what that feels like. So I'm not going to presume that Mason didn't say it just because Garrett didn't say that he did right away.
    We could get Jesse Jackson to call you a h__ky. Or Al Sharpton to call you a c____er, with a hard r.

Would be the same.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    We could get Jesse Jackson to call you a h__ky. Or Al Sharpton to call you a c____er, with a hard r.

Would be the same.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    After I'm reinstated is exactly when I would say it again.

Not while I'm on "indefinite suspension" and hoping the league office gives me my job back.
    This. I mean, it felt pretty self-explanatory on why.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Big Ben
    Hines Ward
    Joey Porter
    Antonio Brown
    Mason Rudolph

War has proven that he'll defend a player wearing black and yellow no matter what they did.
    That's sad though. Fandom shouldn't get in the way of moral beliefs.

Whatever. Disband the Steelers. Only team with problems. How dare they call themselves an NFL team.

BTW yes Iím going to defend Hines Ward because what he did was legal at the time. I donít give two ***** bout porter. Harrison is dirty and Iíve said as much.

As for Ben, one case the woman admitted to making it up and in GA all admitted they donít know what happen and the police coerced a claim of rape. So yes Iím going to defend him against people who use non facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Unless someone was jailed/did a crime, I think indefinite suspension should cease in the offseason, even if they slate to resume in the regular season.
    Have you ever actually looked up the word indefinite?
    'cause it kinda flies in the face of having a set ending
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

For anyone that believes Garrett that Mason said a racial slur: thatís fine you do you.

But I got a question:
    If you think the NFL is covering it up, what do they have to gain from protecting a backup QB whoís likely out of the game by the end of his rookie contract over a potential defensive face of the league?

For anyone that believes Garrett that Mason said a racial slur: thatís fine you do you.

But I got a question:
    If you think the NFL is covering it up, what do they have to gain from protecting a backup QB whoís likely out of the game by the end of his rookie contract over a potential defensive face of the league?
    1. Depends who has the tape. Our country is in a screwed up spot right now. seeing how Rudolph supports a certain political figure its a really bad look to have him using that strong language. If whoever has the tape feels the same way as Rudolph they could be keeping it.

2. A bad look for the league. really really bad look lol.

just a couple that came to mind. But I honestly don't think there are tapes. Any mics that were on the field I do believe were turned off. Most expected Steelers just to run the ball not pass. Everyone was pretty much done. It was a wrap. game was over.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Myles Garrett to be reinstated today

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    1. Depends who has the tape. Our country is in a screwed up spot right now. seeing how Rudolph supports a certain political figure its a really bad look to have him using that strong language. If whoever has the tape feels the same way as Rudolph they could be keeping it.

2. A bad look for the league. really really bad look lol.

just a couple that came to mind. But I honestly don't think there are tapes. Any mics that were on the field I do believe were turned off. Most expected Steelers just to run the ball not pass. Everyone was pretty much done. It was a wrap. game was over.
    I do agree with number two.

As for that ending paragraph I agree with everything except turning the mics off. They usually keep them on for post game hand shakes.

I think if Mason did say it and it was picked up, release it. My $0.02 is Myles is a fun exciting player, and if potentially ending the career (Riley Cooper player like 4 years after using it on camera) of a backup QB happens to shed light on why a young defensive star did this then you do it.

EDIT: I think one thing can be said about the nfl under Goodell is they donít like surprises in these hearings. I certainly think that they did use some of that in the punishment. Look at the way they handled Brady (phone destroyed) and Hunt (lies that he was in the room).

I was listening to NFLRadio today and they were talking about it and the team told him not to say anything because they thought the nfl wouldnít check and his sentencing would be reduced because of sympathy. Obviously in hindsight that didnít work, but Iím not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to spring it on them in the first place.
    Last edited by warfelg; 02-14-2020 at 03:48 PM.

But I got a question:
    The same thing they'd have to get by having a mega secret blackball probation for Kaepernick.

-Scott van Pelt

But I got a question:
    Regardless of this situation, the NFL never purposefully releases footage of players using obscenities. Not in Mic'd Up segments or anything else. The NFL has nothing to gain from releasing audio of players calling each other the n-word.

But regarding this situation if I were the NFL, I sure as hell would not release it, when it was used by a white QB who wasn't suspended against a black DL who I suspended for 6 games. That would piss off not just people who would rightfully be upset by that, but also create political drama that would trigger the fragile "stick to sports" crowd.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-14-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast