Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't believe that he did or didn't and I've said that multiple times. But his story hasn't changed. It's just ridiculous to me that people like are so sure Rudolph didn't say anything when his actions that night show that he was at least capable of saying it. And this has nothing to do with cancel culture at all...
    A lot of heated things can be said that aren't racial. Its a violent sport. I don't know if you guys watch hockey but cross check with sticks, head shots to the boards, etc happen all the time with just regular **** talking. Sometimes those things happen without a word being said. Zack Kassian kicked another player with a skate blade last week and both guys were white. Physical sports result in people blowing their lids and doing stupid **** from time to time.

I don't know what was said but here's the difference, I don't stand on the side that claims I do with all certainty. If there's proof that he did, then i'll fully admit i was wrong and stand on the side that Rudolph a racist piece of ****. Until that point, its one man's account of something he has no actual evidence to prove happened.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-18-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    A lot of heated things can be said that aren't racial. Its a violent sport. I don't know if you guys watch hockey but cross check with sticks, head shots to the boards, etc happen all the time with just regular **** talking. Sometimes those things happen without a word being said. Zack Kassian kicked another player with a skate blade last week and both guys were white. Physical sports result in people blowing their lids and doing stupid **** from time to time.

I don't know what was said but here's the difference, I don't stand on the side that claims I do with all certainty. If there's proof that he did, then i'll fully admit i was wrong and stand on the side that Rudolph a racist piece of ****. Until that point, its one man's account of something he has no actual evidence to prove happened.
    yup... also 100 percent garrett got pissed which is fine then hit rudolph with his helmet and realized at that moment he ****ed up... then he tried to use his get out of jail free card and failed miserably

You know what I meant. There's no evidence a racial slur was used besides the account of one man. Sure, there were words exchanged. That's obvious. The content of those words are impossible to prove though (until they aren't). There are no recordings, no first hand accounts, etc. Just Garrett and hearsay.
    Right. There's no evidence - we don't know one way or the other. So it's silly for one of us to be convinced one way or the other, correct?

No, I'm not dismissing the possibility entirely. I just won't say for certain that the N-word was used. That's the difference between my argument and yours, NBA's, etc.
    Please point out where I said or even insinuated that I was certain the N-word was used.

YOU'RE the one saying you're convinced Garrett is lying. The definitive statements have been made on your end, not mine. If I have to will I quote your posts.

This is a matter of you believing his account. I don't and yes the way in which details came to the surface, how they did, when they did, matters to how truthful the account is imo. I'm saying the mitigating circumstances could have absolutely helped his cause. You want to believe otherwise, fine.
    I do believe him, but he could be lying. Who knows. However, I'm not CONVINCED he's telling the truth. You're CONVINCED he's lying.

Convinced: completely certain about something.

That's the definition of the word. Here is a quote of you:

No, I'm convinced nothing racist was said because there is no proof something racist was said.
    So yes, please stop with the certainty.

The murder stuff is a funny metaphor btw. You're essentially equating it to Rudolph is a racist and used the n-word because of what we assume we know. Meanwhile a murderer has to actually murder someone to be categorized as one. You see how that works?
    Lol what about this are you not getting? If I slap someone and there's no evidence found by others, does it mean the slap didn't happen? If I call someone a ***** and there's no audio recording, does it mean it didn't happen?

I'm not equating anything to anything lol. I'm flabbergasted that not only do you consistently fail to miss the point, but continue on tangents that are completely meaningless.

I'm responding to you saying you're convinced that nothing was said because no evidence has been publicized, and I gave an example of why that's just a silly thing to say.

Like I said, you can change the subject all you want but if you're going to accuse someone of being that, you need to do better than "read between the lines". That's an assault on someone's character.
    But he didn't just leave it at that - he took his accusation to his appeal. Just because YOU didn't like that it wasn't said right away doesn't mean that it wasn't a consistent line of thought coming from Garrett.

I'm telling you from a personal perspective what my reaction would be. Meanwhile you've been telling me that if he had come out with this the night of the incident that people would have crucified him as it being an excuse. How do you know that? Isn't that you own projections? Sure some people would feel that way. Just like some people would say "Hey, if he called me the n-word, i would have popped that mother****er too".
    I'm not projecting anything at all - I'm providing plausible scenarios in which he could have had a consistent line of thought. I'm not saying anything is for certain like you are.

That's the difference between me and you - I've been saying it could be X or Y or Z or whatever, and it would make logical sense to do it that way. You, on the other hand, are arguing the opposite and saying there is no logical line of action by Garrett, and thus you are certain Mason never said anything racist. And you're backing it up by saying we don't have evidence right now, so that's why you're convinced (certain) Garrett is lying.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

I don't stand on the side that claims I do with all certainty.
    No, I'm convinced nothing racist was said because there is no proof something racist was said.
    Am I losing my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Quick point here on the didn't want to intent to publicly state the reason, then why in right after the game tell reporters to find something. So my just issue is people want to say he had a right to privacy in accusing, and that he wanted people to find what set him off, knowing he wanted them to find a racial slur.

And this is my opinion on it: it would have never stayed private. Let's say the investigation right away turned up that something was caught audio wise, then maybe Mason gets suspended after everyone else, possibly gets cut, and maybe Myles sees a reduction. Well the NFL/Steelers would have to answer why those things happened. They're going to ask FOX, NFL Network, Westwood One, NFL Radio, Steelers players, Browns players, Refs what they heard; because Myles wasn't going to be just saying it was said and the NFL taking it at his word, so the circle of who knows about the accusation was going to quickly grow and leak even easier. As a public figure, it's hard to accuse another public figure of being racist in private.
    Simple - coming out and saying "He called me the N-word" will no doubt elicit a bigger condemnation of his lack of accountability than saying "Check the tape."

The first thing he did was apologize. And when prompted about WHY he did what he did, he gave the tape response.

So you, as an individual, can decide if you believe him or not. Maybe you don't. However, the disconnect I am seeing is that you (and metsworn) don't seem to think that it's even plausible he tried to avoid falling on the black card directly after the game. Saying, "Check the tape." is a way to avoid doing that and avoid stirring the emotions even more during a time when the world expected an apology and accountability.

Was that his line of thinking? Maybe, maybe not. Is it plausible and possible? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup... also 100 percent garrett got pissed which is fine then hit rudolph with his helmet and realized at that moment he ****ed up... then he tried to use his get out of jail free card and failed miserably
    at least you're willing to admit you're 100 percent on Garrett lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    at least you're willing to admit you're 100 percent on Garrett lying.
    1000 percent.

Bruh, these cats will take audio evidence and twist it into something else if they can. MaYbE hE sAiD sTuPiD PIGGER!!11
    I believe it. This dude is either incapable or unwilling to read between the lines but then has the audacity to say "you know what I mean" when responding to you.

Like sure people know what you mean, just like any reasonable person knows how to read between the lines.

So all evidence has to be shot down and made to seem inconsistent, because if it is acknowledged, it makes whatever obtuse dense narrative he is pushing more irrelevant than it already is.

Never understood people who had to be spoon fed information to find the relevance in it.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 02-18-2020 at 09:35 AM.

He's your homeboy. I'm convinced because there is no evidence that you aren't.
    I mean, this was funny.

Simple - coming out and saying "He called me the N-word" will no doubt elicit a bigger condemnation of his lack of accountability than saying "Check the tape."

The first thing he did was apologize. And when prompted about WHY he did what he did, he gave the tape response.

So you, as an individual, can decide if you believe him or not. Maybe you don't. However, the disconnect I am seeing is that you (and metsworn) don't seem to think that it's even plausible he tried to avoid falling on the black card directly after the game. Saying, "Check the tape." is a way to avoid doing that and avoid stirring the emotions even more during a time when the world expected an apology and accountability.

Was that his line of thinking? Maybe, maybe not. Is it plausible and possible? Absolutely.
    Not what I was asking but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Probs my the dumbest post in the thread. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Because that's totally what was said. People should be allowed to live where they want without far left racist accusations to manufacture diversity.

You're completely missing my point. You don't know how he grew up so any assertion you're making based on how you think he grew up and his "daddy/lawyer/ private school" are racially motivated opinions whether you realize or not.

You're free to have any opinion you want, including racist opinions, I'm just questioning if you even realize it because I'm certainly not assuming you're a typically racist person. I kinda doubt you'd be okay with someone saying "hmmm, in my experience, black guys don't have dads and can't control their anger and are more likely to falsely accuse someone of racism after attacking them; so I think Garrett is lying." That's totally a racist comment with no knowledge of his upbringing; but still just an opinion someone could have.
    im white. Its also more so who he supports. Do some research on him you will see.
    Last edited by prodigy; 02-18-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Tomlin sounded like Rudolph's lover who was angry. I love how Tomlin said he was on the field and heard nothing lol. As if Mason drabbed a mic and started singing it. What a moron. The browns didn't tell him? LMAO! Might be the worse thing I've heard so far. Tomlin has NO IDEA like the rest of us what was or wasn't said.

Its he said he said. Both these guys need to sit down and talk. or do a charity boxing match. One way or another we need to move on. Because it cant be proved either way. Taking it to court will drag it on for Rudolph, because it can't be proved he didn't say it.

BTW- I understand Tomlin will take Rudolph's side because that's his player. (even though he himself has threw Rudolph under the bus a few times). But to go on national TV and say stupid stuff blew me away. Tomlin also said Garrett accused Steelers of hiding audio? I did not hear that at all from Garrett maybe I missed something or is Tomlin lying? I know Garrett called out NFL. but not the Steelers that I know of.
    Last edited by prodigy; 02-18-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I mean, this was funny.
    If they weren't homeboys, then why wouldn't they come out right away and say they weren't homeboys? It's less believable now because they waited so long to say it.

Am I losing my mind?
    I read what you said. That was more directed at someone else.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-18-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast