Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Maybe Rudolph shouldn't have started **** with someone twice his size. Just sayin
    of course but does the punishment fit the crime? so next time is he allowed to beat Rudolph to death with his helmet?

as for the private school ********... my niece navia is a mixed child... my sister is irish/Italian/German and her bf is black... she is in a private school... is this allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm glad Rudolph and his attorney are threatening a lawsuit against Garrett. The whole thing about Garrett not saying anything about the derogatory term until after the suspension is so sketchy to me. He doesn't sound believable in the slightest imo and it's going to cost him a ton of money because there is no proof Rudolph said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    well when all else fails and the person smacks a dude with his helmet and then realizes his mistake thus him tossing out OMG HE CALLED ME THE N WORD 2 hours later to cover up his stupidity and justify it says all anyone needs to know.

its pretty clear just by using logic that in all the times the steelers QB was hit by a black dude that he never said this but all of a sudden he is accused of it by a dude that just hit him square in the head with a weapon.
    You should watch Garrett's interview immediately after the game. It's pretty clear that something was said that pissed him off. At that time, post-game, he just assumed audio of it would come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2A0mB8gtCk&t=65

Reporter: "Did Mason say something? Is that what started it?"
    Garrett: "You just gotta go look at it."
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-16-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You're free to have any opinion you want, including racist opinions, I'm just questioning if you even realize it because I'm certainly not assuming you're a typically racist person. I kinda doubt you'd be okay with someone saying "hmmm, in my experience, black guys don't have dads and can't control their anger and are more likely to falsely accuse someone of racism after attacking them; so I think Garrett is lying." That's totally a racist comment with no knowledge of his upbringing; but still just an opinion someone could have.
    No, because Garrett grew up in a two-parent, somewhat wealthy household. Based on everything Mason Rudolph has done during and after the incident, it's pretty clear prodigy's assessment of him is correct. Racism is by definition about generalizations and systemic issues. I don't think prodigy believes every white person acts like Mason Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It's derogatory when it's used to imply theres anything wrong with it. I hear the same thing about my hometown. I love my hometown, but sorry if I don't want my family living around opioid addicts, thieves, and alcoholics like I did. Theres nothing wrong with leaving a ****** area, regardless of race. On the flip side, if I started buying cheap properties in my hometown, I'd suddenly be called a racist for gentrification. Move in? Racist. Move out? Racist. Stay in place? Probably racist.
    This started out about schools, right? The way public school funding works, white flight is obviously bad. Every child should have the same educational opportunities, but that's obviously not the case. And again, wealth and race are only linked due to historic realities.

Gentrification is bad, by the way, because the whole point of it is to jack up the rent. It goes back to the point above. Why should anyone be allowed to collect rent because their parents owned properties? What kind of meritocracy is that? Landlords are the worst kind of leeches in society, living off of other people's work just so they have a place to live. Gentrification leads to fun stats like cities having three times as many empty apartments as homeless people.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No, because Garrett grew up in a two-parent, somewhat wealthy household. Based on everything Mason Rudolph has done during and after the incident, it's pretty clear prodigy's assessment of him is correct. Racism is by definition about generalizations and systemic issues. I don't think prodigy believes every white person acts like Mason Rudolph.

This started out about schools, right? The way public school funding works, white flight is obviously bad. Every child should have the same educational opportunities, but that's obviously not the case. And again, wealth and race are only linked due to historic realities.

Gentrification is bad, by the way, because the whole point of it is to jack up the rent. It goes back to the point above. Why should anyone be allowed to collect rent because their parents owned properties? What kind of meritocracy is that? Landlords are the worst kind of leeches in society, living off of other people's work just so they have a place to live. Gentrification leads to fun stats like cities having three times as many empty apartments as homeless people.
    so being white and rich makes a person racist?

so being white and rich makes a person racist?
    Racism isn't individual people deciding to be racist. It's systemic.

If rich white people self-segregate into remote communities while the problems in poor black areas are addressed exclusively by sending the police in there to imprison people, that's a racist system. And again, white people have had a head start of several hundreds of years in generating wealth over black people due to slavery and racial oppression, even massacring rich black communities like Greenwood, Tulsa in 1921.

That of course doesn't mean that poor white people aren't disadvantaged. If 50% of your work is to make your company or its shareholders a profit, 10% of the remainder goes to the military-industrial complex, and 30% of that remainder goes to your landlord, then you're obviously being taken advantage of as well. Never mind having a medical emergency and paying off medical debt for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-16-2020 at 05:32 AM.

If rich white people self-segregate into remote communities while the problems in poor black areas are addressed exclusively by sending the police in there to imprison people, that's a racist system. And again, white people have had a head start of several hundreds of years in generating wealth over black people due to slavery and racial oppression, even massacring rich black communities like Greenwood, Tulsa in 1921.

That of course doesn't mean that poor white people aren't disadvantaged. If 50% of your work is to make your company or its shareholders a profit, 10% of the remainder goes to the military-industrial complex, and 30% of that remainder goes to your landlord, then you're obviously being taken advantage of as well. Never mind having a medical emergency and paying off medical debt for the rest of your life.
    but in this situation the white guy is actually the poor guy compared to the black man with the contract 5 times the size YET when the black man hit a dude with his helmet he waited until he knew he was in trouble to blame racism because he knows in todays society its basically a get out of jail free card.... tell me why a 20 something year old rich any color guy should have the benefit of the doubt in todays society esp after doing something so moronic....

so if rudolph blamed roid rage garrett be guilty before proven innocent like people assumed rudolph because he is a rich white guy? So basically if a white guy hits a black guy its a hate crime and if a black guy hits a white guy with a weapon then the white guy must have said the N word because he is a rich preppy guy from a private school? And people wonder why we as a species will never ever get by racism.

but in this situation the white guy is actually the poor guy compared to the black man with the contract 5 times the size YET when the black man hit a dude with his helmet he waited until he knew he was in trouble to blame racism because he knows in todays society its basically a get out of jail free card.... tell me why a 20 something year old rich any color guy should have the benefit of the doubt in todays society esp after doing something so moronic....

so if rudolph blamed roid rage garrett be guilty before proven innocent like people assumed rudolph because he is a rich white guy? So basically if a white guy hits a black guy its a hate crime and if a black guy hits a white guy with a weapon then the white guy must have said the N word because he is a rich preppy guy from a private school? And people wonder why we as a species will never ever get by racism.
    I don't think this sociopolitical discussion about race and wealth has much do to with the original incident.

But to go back to it:

- Garrett has not used the accusation of Rudolph using the n-word as a "get out of jail free card" because he already served his 6 game suspension.
    - The fact that he made this accusation originally only came out because the NFL leaked the statements Garrett made at the supposedly private arbitration hearing.
    - Rudolph's behavior during and after the incident makes some people believe Garrett is telling the truth.

To me it seems like Rudolph isn't even aware how his actions reflect negatively upon him. So it might not even be a racism problem with him, but a self-awareness problem.

Certainly though the whole process has been reminiscent of actual systemic racial issues, like the immediate public perception of who the bad guy was in the incident, as well as the disparity in punishment between Garrett and Rudolph. We as a species will also never ever get by racism by simply ignoring these issues.

Why do you believe Garrett is lying anyway? Because some people have used racism as an excuse?

I don't think anyone here believes he should not have been punished for swinging the helmet.

But Garrett has been entirely consistent about the incident going back to the post-game interview I linked above, and taken responsibility for his actions at every step.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-16-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Why do you believe Garrett is lying anyway? Because some people have used racism as an excuse?
    Well, no player wears a microphone in his helmet for one. And there’s a 0% chance that was an off the cuff response. Players who wear mics have the battery pack in their pads with the mic between the back shoulder pad plates.

So either that part wasn’t gone over with anyone, or they rehearsed that and still got it wrong. On top of that this is the first we’re hearing of the “different helmet” thing. So it is a new wrinkle to the story, even though the reason he’s using it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well, no player wears a microphone in his helmet for one. And there’s a 0% chance that was an off the cuff response. Players who wear mics have the battery pack in their pads with the mic between the back shoulder pad plates.

So either that part wasn’t gone over with anyone, or they rehearsed that and still got it wrong. On top of that this is the first we’re hearing of the “different helmet” thing. So it is a new wrinkle to the story, even though the reason he’s using it is wrong.
    Yes, QB helmets have speakers, not mics. Garrett was saying that in regards to how there should be audio of what was said. Being wrong about a technical detail doesn't mean he's lying.

Yes, QB helmets have speakers, not mics. Garrett was saying that in regards to how there should be audio of what was said. Being wrong about a technical detail doesn't mean he's lying.
    I can get being wrong about something like that when questioned on the spot right after the game. In a planned sit down interview where you know something like that is going to be ask, you shouldn't be getting it wrong. If you want to make comment about how there should be audio, that's fine, but don't get an answer like that wrong when you had a lot of time to prepare for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Same here in 3 months. It sucks.
    26 years for my dad.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

14. 02-16-2020, 10:02 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

People on this site have shown that they are incapable of understanding what racism is, how it originated, nor the systemic nature of it. The bigger scope and picture is largely lost on them. Meh, another topic another discussion I suppose.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I can get being wrong about something like that when questioned on the spot right after the game. In a planned sit down interview where you know something like that is going to be ask, you shouldn't be getting it wrong. If you want to make comment about how there should be audio, that's fine, but don't get an answer like that wrong when you had a lot of time to prepare for it.
    Are you sure the interview was fully rehearsed and the questions known in advance?

Here is the quote (from https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...ls-espn.html):
    "Most quarterbacks wear mics in their helmets,'' he said. "He somehow lost his helmet and had to get another one without a mic. There were guys who were mic’d up near me -- near us -- during that time who didn’t hear anything, and from what I’ve heard, there [may] have been audio during that game that could’ve heard something or could not have heard something, but they don’t want to say. So something was said. I know something was said. Now whether the NFL wants to acknowledge it, that’s up to them.''

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast