Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    repetition and consistency is important in a timing sport. Thatís gonna be all out of whack

Which is also why winning a WS is such a crap shoot. You spend 162 games playing basically every day in generally good weather. Then when it comes time for the most important games of the year, you are playing in November in 40 degree weather and more importantly have as many as 6 days off between series. That is a big reason why so many wild card teams go all the way. Just get there.... and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Which is also why winning a WS is such a crap shoot. You spend 162 games playing basically every day in generally good weather. Then when it comes time for the most important games of the year, you are playing in November in 40 degree weather and more importantly have as many as 6 days off between series. That is a big reason why so many wild card teams go all the way. Just get there.... and anything can happen.
    Nothing worse than playing baseball in cold damp weather.

Saw Oscar Colasís name pop up recently. Does anyone know anything about this kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Saw Oscar Colasís name pop up recently. Does anyone know anything about this kid?

20/21 year old Left Handed Hitter and Pitcher. He is the "Cuban Ohtani" as he pitches mid 90's and also hits. According to some outlets he is the best cuban prospect to come out in years and teams are lining up to get him signed, though some of the hype has died down, it's certainly in the best interest for the White Sox that they get him as he could prove to be a lottery ticket that hits (no pun intended). At this point, it looks like the White Sox have a legitimate chance to sign him because he will sign in July when the Bonus Pools reset for the White Sox

Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

Speaking of the future, anyone have any names they're interested in this years draft? I'm all over Zac Veen, HS OF 6'5" with plenty of power but he probably doesn't get to the Sox at 11. Most all mocks have the Sox taking C Patrick Bailey, which isn't a bad pick, but I wan't an OF in Veen, Garrett Mitchell (probably the Toolsiest player in the draft but concerns about diabetes), Robert Hassell HS OF, Heston Kjerstad OF Arkansas. I do think the White Sox go pitching if Detmers, Meyer or Crochet are available at 11, all college LHP. Crochet I fear may turn into an elite bullpen arm if he doesn't work out as a starter but I think they Sox have to hit in this draft

I have been hoping for Patrick Bailey for some time. He would be a perfect fit as Grandal approaches the end of his contract.

I really hope the Sox get Oscar Cola. Eloy, Robert, and Cola in the outfield would be an interesting possibility.

Youíd have to think that if other offers are equal or even close for Colas, the Sox would have a good shot, given their history with Cuban players.

Anybody know of any previous relationship between Colas and any of our current young Cubans? Schools, teammates, neighborhoods?

Youíd have to think that if other offers are equal or even close for Colas, the Sox would have a good shot, given their history with Cuban players.

Anybody know of any previous relationship between Colas and any of our current young Cubans? Schools, teammates, neighborhoods?
    https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...262692864?s=20

https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...696968705?s=20

https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...712100865?s=20

https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...655884805?s=20

I assume we have the upper hand with all Cubans. Also any young up and coming defector that has never proven anything is probably looking at the Eloy and Robert contracts they signed b4 stepping foot in the majors and thinking ďshit Iíll be good for life with a 40-60 million deal by the time Iím 22-23 years old. I love what our FO is doing contract wise. We are built to last, and all our young studs are locked in with big contracts that extend beyond our older players contracts. Which means we will be able to throw money at big names b4 our young guys are free agents

Iím watching the Sox rewind 05 WS, and the thing that strikes me is just how fundamentally solid the Sox were that year. Really impressive and great job of coaching, all the way around.

The pitching speaks for itself. But the quality of the at bats and the defense was phenomenal.

Iím watching the Sox rewind 05 WS, and the thing that strikes me is just how fundamentally solid the Sox were that year. Really impressive and great job of coaching, all the way around.

The pitching speaks for itself. But the quality of the at bats and the defense was phenomenal.
    They didnít have an elite lineup but always seemed to get clutch hits from just about everyone.

I am sure you've heard, baseball is back. July 1st Spring Training 2.0 starts then the season starts at the end of July.

So I'm guessing most will go to a 6 man rotation. I don't know if I like the idea of "Openers" since it will be 60 games in 70 days the bullpen will be taxed.

1. Giolito
    2. Keuchel
    3. Gonzalez
    4. Cease
    5. Lopez/Kopech
    6. Kopech/Lopez

After looking at this list maybe if we used Rodon as an Opener we will be in good shape

2020 White Sox Spring Training Thread 2.0 Starts July 1st

When was Rodon supposed to be ready?

Last edited by ChiFanKeith; 07-01-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast