Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 260
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    Vaughn with a couple BB's today. I wonder if we are battling for a playoff spot in August, and Edwin is struggling or hurt, if we would bring Vaughn up for a stretch run. I feel like he is going to be a great addition to this lineup. Madrigal's high contact rate and Vaughn's ability to draw BB's are going to both be great additions.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    How does Yermin Mercedes defense stack up to Zack Collins and Seby Zavala? I think he has the hitting thing more figured out than both of those guys.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,351
    From what I have read Mercedes would be right in the middle, less than Zavala - better than Collins. He's a better hitter than both of them though. He has a good shot at roster spot #26 I would think.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    From what I have read Mercedes would be right in the middle, less than Zavala - better than Collins. He's a better hitter than both of them though. He has a good shot at roster spot #26 I would think.
    I've had my eye on Mercedes for the last year or so and I really like what he does at the plate.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    Also, Vaughn's swing looks really damn good. He just turned on a pitch and launched a bomb down the left field line. Love that timing leg kick too. Back when I played baseball, my hitting coach saw my leg kick while he was working on my swing, and instead of tweaking it, he could see that it was a timing mechanism.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    I feel like the Sox should really look for a trade partner for McCann. We could still carry 3 catchers with Grandal as the every day guy, Yermin as the backup and Collins as the emergency Catcher/DH/1B backup.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,072
    Vaughn is looking better than I expected. He goes about his business on and off the field like he is major league player. He doesn't need to prove much, at least not to me. Whenever the Sox need him on the roster, call him up and he will not disappoint.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Vaughn is looking better than I expected. He goes about his business on and off the field like he is major league player. He doesn't need to prove much, at least not to me. Whenever the Sox need him on the roster, call him up and he will not disappoint.
    Heís gonna be great! Watching his swing, it shows those college stats werenít a mirage

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,908
    Andrew Vaughn is Josh Donaldson their swings are so similar. Hopefully he gets called up later in the year.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,351
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like the Sox should really look for a trade partner for McCann. We could still carry 3 catchers with Grandal as the every day guy, Yermin as the backup and Collins as the emergency Catcher/DH/1B backup.
    Very much open to the idea of moving McCann, I'm not 100% sold that he didn't just have a career year in 2019. Zavala/Mercedes/Collins (pick 2) could be the B/U and #26 on this roster. In return a SP AAA/depth) or bullpen arm would be nice.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Very much open to the idea of moving McCann, I'm not 100% sold that he didn't just have a career year in 2019. Zavala/Mercedes/Collins (pick 2) could be the B/U and #26 on this roster. In return a SP AAA/depth) or bullpen arm would be nice.
    Never wishing injury on anyone here, but I'd love to see someone lose their starting C to injury and us being able to bend them over for McCann.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    If only we had a reason to trade McCann at the deadline last year. Coming off an All Star caliber 1st half. We coulda definitely maxed out his value. Now teams have a 2nd half that was on par with his career, and the fact that he wonít be playing more than 1-2 times a week to judge him on.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,131
    Iím 100% fine keeping him on board all year just because of his relationship with Giolitto. On top of that, heís going to still catch about 60 games this year, and I donít see Collins/Mercedes/Zavala being able to do that for us this year.

    Just donít see the need to move him right now, maybe at trade deadline if we arenít competing and another team is willing to overpay for him.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If only we had a reason to trade McCann at the deadline last year. Coming off an All Star caliber 1st half. We coulda definitely maxed out his value. Now teams have a 2nd half that was on par with his career, and the fact that he wonít be playing more than 1-2 times a week to judge him on.
    The issue here, his struggles started in July. Teams probably werenít willing to part with anything special for him so the Sox decided to keep him as they didnít know they were bringing Grandal on board, and we have no one else close to being a starting catcher in the minors right now.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •