Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Vaughn with a couple BB's today. I wonder if we are battling for a playoff spot in August, and Edwin is struggling or hurt, if we would bring Vaughn up for a stretch run. I feel like he is going to be a great addition to this lineup. Madrigal's high contact rate and Vaughn's ability to draw BB's are going to both be great additions.

How does Yermin Mercedes defense stack up to Zack Collins and Seby Zavala? I think he has the hitting thing more figured out than both of those guys.

From what I have read Mercedes would be right in the middle, less than Zavala - better than Collins. He's a better hitter than both of them though. He has a good shot at roster spot #26 I would think.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    From what I have read Mercedes would be right in the middle, less than Zavala - better than Collins. He's a better hitter than both of them though. He has a good shot at roster spot #26 I would think.
    I've had my eye on Mercedes for the last year or so and I really like what he does at the plate.

Also, Vaughn's swing looks really damn good. He just turned on a pitch and launched a bomb down the left field line. Love that timing leg kick too. Back when I played baseball, my hitting coach saw my leg kick while he was working on my swing, and instead of tweaking it, he could see that it was a timing mechanism.

I feel like the Sox should really look for a trade partner for McCann. We could still carry 3 catchers with Grandal as the every day guy, Yermin as the backup and Collins as the emergency Catcher/DH/1B backup.

Vaughn is looking better than I expected. He goes about his business on and off the field like he is major league player. He doesn't need to prove much, at least not to me. Whenever the Sox need him on the roster, call him up and he will not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Vaughn is looking better than I expected. He goes about his business on and off the field like he is major league player. He doesn't need to prove much, at least not to me. Whenever the Sox need him on the roster, call him up and he will not disappoint.
    Heís gonna be great! Watching his swing, it shows those college stats werenít a mirage

Andrew Vaughn is Josh Donaldson their swings are so similar. Hopefully he gets called up later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like the Sox should really look for a trade partner for McCann. We could still carry 3 catchers with Grandal as the every day guy, Yermin as the backup and Collins as the emergency Catcher/DH/1B backup.
    Very much open to the idea of moving McCann, I'm not 100% sold that he didn't just have a career year in 2019. Zavala/Mercedes/Collins (pick 2) could be the B/U and #26 on this roster. In return a SP AAA/depth) or bullpen arm would be nice.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Very much open to the idea of moving McCann, I'm not 100% sold that he didn't just have a career year in 2019. Zavala/Mercedes/Collins (pick 2) could be the B/U and #26 on this roster. In return a SP AAA/depth) or bullpen arm would be nice.
    Never wishing injury on anyone here, but I'd love to see someone lose their starting C to injury and us being able to bend them over for McCann.

If only we had a reason to trade McCann at the deadline last year. Coming off an All Star caliber 1st half. We coulda definitely maxed out his value. Now teams have a 2nd half that was on par with his career, and the fact that he wonít be playing more than 1-2 times a week to judge him on.

Iím 100% fine keeping him on board all year just because of his relationship with Giolitto. On top of that, heís going to still catch about 60 games this year, and I donít see Collins/Mercedes/Zavala being able to do that for us this year.

Just donít see the need to move him right now, maybe at trade deadline if we arenít competing and another team is willing to overpay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If only we had a reason to trade McCann at the deadline last year. Coming off an All Star caliber 1st half. We coulda definitely maxed out his value. Now teams have a 2nd half that was on par with his career, and the fact that he wonít be playing more than 1-2 times a week to judge him on.
    The issue here, his struggles started in July. Teams probably werenít willing to part with anything special for him so the Sox decided to keep him as they didnít know they were bringing Grandal on board, and we have no one else close to being a starting catcher in the minors right now.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast