Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

2020 White Sox Spring Training Thread 2.0 Starts July 1st

Discuss all things Spring Training here...................

can't wait ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Iím really looking forward to seeing Mazara this spring. He was a top 20 prospect, ahead of some really big names and is still just 24 yrs old. A change of scenery and/or philosophy can really make a difference. Especially on a player who was brought up so early and quickly when he debuted in Tx.

2020 White Sox Spring Training Thread

Iím anxious to see what either Lopez or Cease bring this year. I believe theyíre big keys to the season. If one or both have a Gio like turnaround lookout. Iím most excited to see Robert play. His swag is through the roof. My fav player is Yoan. The person that puts buts in seats for me is Kopech. I hope Eloy can find a way to either stop swinging at the slider low and away or hit it. Ricky is what I like least about this team. I wouldíve been stoked to have vizquel as our manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Iím anxious to see what either Lopez or Cease bring this year. I believe theyíre big keys to the season. If one or both have a Gio like turnaround lookout. Iím most excited to see Robert play. His swag is through the roof. My fav player is Yoan. The person that puts buts in seats for me is Kopech. I hope Eloy can find a way to either stop swinging at the slider low and away or hit it. Ricky is what I like least about this team. I wouldíve been stoked to have vizquel as our manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wanna see Cease do great, but Iím gonna hold back expectations. Pitchers take time sometimes. Giolito took a while to reach his potential. It wouldnít be fair to expect that from Cease in his 1st full season.

Has anyone been to Spring Training?

I went there last year, it was awesome and had a great time. Looking to get out there again this year.

www.twitter.com/scottmerkin

Three minor issues: Grandal was working out and felt a tweak in his calf. Minor calf strain after MRI, left leg
    Giolito has soreness in ribcage and has chest muscle strain.
    Gio Gonzalez had discomfort in his shoulder and was slowed down by team but deemed minor. All shoukd be ready for Opening Day and will just be slowed in early Cactus League action
    Should be added Grandal caught a side today and both Gio and Gio were out there as well. So minor is the key word in all three as stressed by Rick Hahn just now. Minor, along with will be ready for Opening Day.

There will be a lot of media attention and close scrutiny of players during this years Spring Training....probably more than is typical during Sox Spring Training.
    I wonder how certain players will react to that, especially Luis Robert, Mazara and Madrigal.

Thatís all part of Spring Training. If they can get it out of their system before the regular season starts, then mission accomplished.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...pring-training
    This will be interesting too. Nice to see some news after a long period of silence. Good to see his velocity was in the upper 90s, post TJ last year, before he blew out his knee.

I'd like for everyone to read Carlos Rodon's response (its on the sox website" when someone mentioned , for him to go to the bullpen after his rehab from TJ. Its what I've been saying all along, why the Sox should NOT put Kopech in the bullpen.

Shorvath you are the only one besides me arguing this....check it out.
    Last edited by Bainsy; 02-18-2020 at 04:15 PM.

I think what Rodon said makes perfect sense. If you have to get up and down and get loose multiple times a week, and you count all of the warm up pitches, I donít think you can deduct that a reliever role is any less stressful on the arm than a starter. I dont even know if there is a correlation that shows that more starters have arm trouble than relievers. I think we hear about it more with starters, because they are higher profile on the roster, but I would think that MLB and the minor leagues are littered with relievers who have needed surgery.

That was a good read and exactly my thoughts as well. This year, Cease, Kopech and Rodon will all be treated with caution and if all are back and healthy at a point of the season, Iíd expect a 6 man rotation with everyone getting a skipped start here and there, or even some tandem starts weíre guys go 4 innings each.

2021 is a different story. Hopefully each guy we have in rotation will be able to log 200 IP, and as Rodon said, hopefully the competition of having 6 potential guys for 5 spots later in this year will bring out the best in everyone.

We actually have 7 if you count both Rodon and Kopech. Of course, Gio is a short term contract.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast