Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Manfred apparently postponed opening day (at minimum) to mid - May, I missed that. Sounds about right taking into consideration another 2-4 weeks of ST.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/3/...ay-coronavirus

We all have our opinions about this "crisis" - I have a feeling that it's going to end just at fast as it started and hopefully pretty soon, early April I'd guess.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

And on that note … Chris Sale having TJ surgery = BAM!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    And on that note … Chris Sale having TJ surgery = BAM!
    I wonder if that'll actually allow him to be elite again. Maybe the injury that led to it was what caused the decline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I want to see baseball this year as well, but there are a lot of things that are more important than a game.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I wonder if that'll actually allow him to be elite again. Maybe the injury that led to it was what caused the decline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Many times after TJ, a pitcher comes back stronger than pre-surgery. That usually occurs with younger pitchers, so hard to say how he will be considering his age and innings pitched.

It seems like he was always considered to be "High Risk" for this with his body type and delivery.
    He has a strong personality from what I can tell, I'm pretty confident he'll make it back.
    If there ever was a good time for this to happen, it would be now I'd say.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I want to see baseball this year as well, but there are a lot of things that are more important than a game.
    Agreed, but once they determine the rest of America should be back working and not shelter in place, baseball and other sports should start playing again with no fans in attendance.

Games with no fans will be the 1st step.

If there is baseball this season this year and if that has to be commenced with no fans. perhaps that could be accomplished by having the teams return to their Spring Training facilities in AZ and FL. That way they can use Spring Training facilities to prepare for and then play regular season games. That would minimize travel costs and the costs to open 30 major league baseball stadiums (which would not be needed if there were no fans allowed). Spring Training fields would allow teams to get a lot more games in like they do in Spring Training with expanded rosters and A and B games on the same day.
    We just need to know that there will not be a huge number of seriously ill people that flood our hospitals by mid-April leaving other contagious people walking around like zombies with no where to get help....including many without health insurance that can't afford to go to the hospital and cannot afford or refuse treatment that can Bankrupt their family. Let's hope that we get some good news on this next week...some treatment that alleviates the symptoms and minimizes the morbidity rate. This thing is out of control right now.
    Last edited by garypeters; 03-20-2020 at 11:45 PM.

A shortened season would actual benefit the Sox pretty well. Both Kopech and Cease should be good to go for most of season without too much of an inning limit.

Could also be delayed until Rodon is ready or close to it.

Rodon, Kopech, and Dunning should all be close to 100% by mid summer. Dunning has to wait his turn though.

With what is looking more likely to be a condensed season and likely to feature multiple doubleheaders, the idea of a 6th starter starts to look more feasible. Having both Rodon and Kopech available, could prove to be a major blessing for the Sox.

Just watched the photo-cropped replay of the Sox/Royals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0-IJxFLw8

Encarnacion, Grandal and Mendick were the cropped players.

Ain't this a *****.

The whole game was a amination. My bad, but it will only cost you a hour and half.

PS: Heard Lightfoot closed the lakefront plus the parks along LSD because a bunch of morons have no clue the seriousness of physical distancing,

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast