Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

this is ignorant. this is a problem right now because people are being manipulated/brainwashed and they're gullible enough to believe it.

We know. Thus your blind loyalty lol

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Ah yes the media showing Americans being friends with each other regardless of political affiliation? Haven’t you been on here calling posters partisan hacks? LOL
    I mean Bush has always been a stand up guy but it just took him hanging with Obama for the media to praise him.

Before that he was bashed non stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    We know. Thus your blind loyalty lol
    convenient that you didn't include the rest of what I said.

"if I was blindly loyal then I would have not also criticized Trump."

the truth contradicts the ******** that you want to push so naturally you don't want to accept it.

the only thing you care about is trolling. you offer nothing.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean Bush has always been a stand up guy but it just took him hanging with Obama for the media to praise him.

He has? And he was? How old were you in 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I call complete BS on that claim. The bashing may have waned a bit for a very small amount of time but Bush still got **** on hard for many things: from how he handled the initial word of the attacks to his bogus "mission accomplished" speech. I don't think the average non-Republican started giving him any respect until years after his presidency. Prior to that, he was consistently talked about as though he was a completely overmatched dummy that only became president because of his family connections. Not to mention that a ton of people thought of him as nothing more than a puppet for Cheney.
    Bush declared mission accomplished in 2003. I said immediate aftermath of 9/11. That is certainly not immediate. If you want to trivialize him having a relative criticism free period by calling it a very small amount of time as opposed to immediate, go ahead.

But Bush’s popularity went up to 90% after 9/11. His approval among Democrats hit 89% and stayed at 80%+ among Democrats for the next near half year:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116500/...orge-bush.aspx

Seriously, imagine 89% of either political party supporting the other parties President; that’s unheard of.

My point was: the entire country, including Bush’s opponents and the media mostly coalesced around Bush immediately after 9/11 because of his leadership and message of unity. His criticisms during that period were nowhere near what they were at any other point of his Presidency.

Trump has not displayed that level of unity and leadership, so the idea that there’s nothing he could have done to avoid criticism is just wrong. If Bush, a guy who as you said was thought of to be an overmatched dummy or puppet of Cheney could garner literally universal approval for his handling of a crisis, it’s definitely possible for Trump to have gotten more than half of America to approve of his.

When was the last major event that took place under a Democratic President????

Viet Nam, I guess, and that was a multi year prolonged happening as opposed to a fast occurring event. Maybe the Cuban Missile Crisis which Kennedy handled well but was criticized after the fact.

Point here is… that with events such as these, there is no hard and fast good way to handle it. It's is all Monday morning quarterbacking. And the problem is exacerbated with all the people that have instant access to not only getting information but also giving their "expert opinions" immediately. And on video (who could argue…it's on video.)

It's just like a football game…the stadium is packed with 60,000 people who all know more than the head coach.

They’re both war criminals and still light years better than our current president.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    They’re both war criminals and still light years better than our current president.
    Bush II? Light years better than Trump? You’re out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I think he's dealing in science or maybe reality. Certainly one of the two.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    When was the last major event that took place under a Democratic President????

Viet Nam, I guess, and that was a multi year prolonged happening as opposed to a fast occurring event. Maybe the Cuban Missile Crisis which Kennedy handled well but was criticized after the fact.

Point here is… that with events such as these, there is no hard and fast good way to handle it. It's is all Monday morning quarterbacking. And the problem is exacerbated with all the people that have instant access to not only getting information but also giving their "expert opinions" immediately. And on video (who could argue…it's on video.)

It's just like a football game…the stadium is packed with 60,000 people who all know more than the head coach.
    It is easy to criticize a decision after it fails. We are all criticizing this admin decisions in real time. When this is over I suspect history will be unkind to the current administration

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It is easy to criticize a decision after it fails. We are all criticizing this admin decisions in real time. When this is over I suspect history will be unkind to the current administration

Or history may be more objective and think the admin did the best it could given the circumstances and complexities of modern day life in America. (And the suspect info coming out of China where the crises actually started.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Ok hyperbole aside, let’s go with better or at least more stable of a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Bush declared mission accomplished in 2003. I said immediate aftermath of 9/11.
    You certainly did not.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ok hyperbole aside, let’s go with better or at least more stable of a leader.
    Well, I’ll grant that Bush II was for the most part civil, literate, and stable — and certainly so in comparison to Trump. He was, however, equally over his head (or out of his league to use the baseball allusion) in the job of President of the United States. I will say that Bush did well enough responding to 9/11 (though I still believe, as I did at the time, that we as a country overreacted). Iraq was a disaster from the start, and based on a lie. Damn it, man, you just got to do better than that with so much at stake. 2008 was no party either.

Bush disappeared after his second term was over. He was such political poison everyone just wanted him gone. But I think that helped him because with him basically being gone, people got to step back and look a little more objectively at his administration and see how Bush was definitely no evil mastermind. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, John Bolton and the rest of the buddies of Bush One really had their hands on the steering wheel.

I also think W. Bush has good PR. He came back into the mainstream as a water color painter who spends his time painting vets and other people of influence. A far cry from the 'war president' who led the American revenge tour after 9/11. Just gives the image that outside of the formalities of being president, he seems a pretty down to earth and sincere nice guy.

In regards to the media, I think as polarization exploded after Obama got elected, seeing Bush and Michelle Obama, one of the media's favorite 'friendships', showed Bush, as a former president, was above polarization and maintained the respect and dignity that you expect from any president, current or former. So people might forget all of the albatrosses that happened during his time and judge him more on his character now?

My favorite Bush moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGcCI9ByWw

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast