Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It is easy to criticize a decision after it fails. We are all criticizing this admin decisions in real time. When this is over I suspect history will be unkind to the current administration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup

I'm watching right now they are saying Texas is screening incoming citizens from Louisiana. In real time I already said back in February this is what we need to do, especially since at that time there were only 3 hotspots we had to concentrate on, NY, CA, WA.

Here we are in April and they are barely starting to implement this.

No matter how you look at it, in real time, money morning QB, etc, that's a fail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yup

I'm watching right now they are saying Texas is screening incoming citizens from Louisiana. In real time I already said back in February this is what we need to do, especially since at that time there were only 3 hotspots we had to concentrate on, NY, CA, WA.
    You are a liar. Back in February all you were doing was ranting about how the Chinese are dirty bat eaters.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-06-2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: *spelling

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You are a liar. Back in February all you were doing was ranting about how the Chinese are dirty rat eaters.
    lol, classic spiffy

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Or history may be more objective and think the admin did the best it could given the circumstances and complexities of modern day life in America. (And the suspect info coming out of China where the crises actually started.)
    I doubt it. With limited info it seems like multiple important missteps have occurred. I think the more info we get the worse this response will look

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I doubt it. With limited info it seems like multiple important missteps have occurred. I think the more info we get the worse this response will look

I'm quite sure that if we were all around in the late 1930s early 1940s we would have been getting dailyy briefings and news reports as to how WWII was progressing. The news would change every day…new updates, hew stats, changes in policy, adjustments on the fly.

And we won the war.

And years later there were tons of opinions as to how the war could have and should have been avoided in the first place and all the mistakes the great generals made that cost our boys's lives.

70 years later, we can't even agree on as to whether we should/should not have nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Looking back is always easy and often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Well, I’ll grant that Bush II was for the most part civil, literate, and stable — and certainly so in comparison to Trump. He was, however, equally over his head (or out of his league to use the baseball allusion) in the job of President of the United States. I will say that Bush did well enough responding to 9/11 (though I still believe, as I did at the time, that we as a country overreacted). Iraq was a disaster from the start, and based on a lie. Damn it, man, you just got to do better than that with so much at stake. 2008 was no party either.
    Absolutely and it’s rather gross for him to have received such high approval after a colossal failure of intelligence with a report “Obama determined to attack us” on his desk.

But we’re taking about a deadly virus pandemic. It’s one thing to sit there reading “my pet goat” after the planes hit, Its another to deny the event is even happening and contradict every expert.

Looking at china and understanding what will happen if we dont respond is what should have been easy.

10 weeks later, we still have no manner of controlling travel within our country.

Part of it is also the people. I went out today, no one is wearing masks (me neither). In other countries people are taking this disease much more serious. Of course we should expect to have some of the highest casualties in the world from this. That's easily predictable when you look at the different responses of different countries.

Wisconsin Republicans are trying to sacrifice their citizens in order to win a Supreme Court election tomorrow.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Yup

Here we are in April and they are barely starting to implement this.

No matter how you look at it, in real time, money morning QB, etc, that's a fail.

You are a liar. Back in February all you were doing was ranting about how the Chinese are dirty rat eaters.
    lol, classic spiffy

Go ahead and show us proof otherwise. We'll wait.

lol, classic spiffy

It’s true.

Part of it is also the people. I went out today, no one is wearing masks (me neither).
    Oh, man. You can not make this **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    It’s true.
    It's baffling how completely in denial of reality this guy is.

Are US politics beyond the point of repair?

I'm quite sure that if we were all around in the late 1930s early 1940s we would have been getting dailyy briefings and news reports as to how WWII was progressing. The news would change every day…new updates, hew stats, changes in policy, adjustments on the fly.

And we won the war.

And years later there were tons of opinions as to how the war could have and should have been avoided in the first place and all the mistakes the great generals made that cost our boys's lives.

70 years later, we can't even agree on as to whether we should/should not have nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Roosevelt and Churchill didn’t pretend the Nazis or the Japanese empire would go away on there own. When people die the President gets criticized even if he did a good job. This one didn’t. We know you would have laughed at the experts and talked about the “population bomb”. I might have done something stupid too. Unfortunately our President was no better. He wanted this job. He didn’t do a good job. He deserves and will be criticized

Last edited by ewing; 04-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You certainly did not.
    After re-reading my post, you’re absolutely correct. I did not say immediately though I meant to. I apologize.

My point is only true in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, obviously as time went on Bush went back to being criticized (especially when he decided to go into Iraq). But as he was ha doing the crisis that’s as 9/11, he wasn’t criticized much and enjoyed widespread support, something Trump could have done had he taken a more reconciliatory tone.

Or history may be more objective and think the admin did the best it could given the circumstances and complexities of modern day life in America. (And the suspect info coming out of China where the crises actually started.)
    I don’t think anyone is going to look back on Trump’s tweet stating “we have 15 cases that is going to go to 0” and think positively of it in light of what’s happened since.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast