Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 144 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2160

Thread: Coronavirus

Don't forget that this is the same guy that was propping up CGTN as a respectable and unbiased source of news.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    1) The article explained what the stat is. You are asking what the r value of the stat was and I asked you if you though they knew about r values or were lying, which led to

2) OK, so youíre saying you donít think theyíre lying and you think the stat is legit but you still donít believe it.

It proves that Chinaís numbers are lies because as the article said, Chinaís numbers are too perfectly correlated to death projection models to be real. This has all been explained. You have this nasty habit of acting both like an expert and constantly demanding people break things down to the lowest level because you are incapable of understanding the point.

Do me a favor, decide whether you want to act like you donít know what theyíre talking about or that you know everything about the subject, and let me know so I can adjust accordingly.
    As I'm reading up on China's numbers being a lie it is painfully obvious what's going on. Essentially everyone thinks they are lying because they have such less casualties than us and europe. The real reason is very simple, they reacted very aggressively, we did not.

Our politicians failed to react and they are now trying to claim its because china was lying about their numbers. And some people are actually believing them.

The graphs are very easy to follow, california and china both had similar growth rate along similar timeline up to point of shut down. So if china was lying then California must be lying just the same, as our data follows theirs quite closely.

This has become a political issue, having a thousand americans die every day is very bad for reputation, this is an attempt at an excuse. But theres no.excuse, they just failed. Plain and simple. I myself called the dept of health to ask them to shut down saunas and spas, this was in early March, before any lockdown. That's so pathetic, that's not my job, thats the governments job.

Even I could see what was happening. Even I cancelled my own trip in mid march, I remember being surprised that I was even allowed to buy tickets from fresno to seattle, two hot zones at the time. Our govt didnt restrict anything. Disneyland was still open in march. NBA games with 20,000 people in an arena were still happening.

This was all after we saw china shut down wuhan because of how contagious the spread was and we had cases pop up, and inexplicably just completely ignored science and pretended we were somehow naturally invincible to this virus.

March 17th that changed, california shut down. But prior to match 17, for 2 months since our first case, our approach was that it was just magically not effect us.

Dont buy the bait. Our govt failed, plain and simple. It was their inability to understand science, statistics, and epidemiology. Not because china lied about numbers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You seem to think this entire debate is a US v China thing and that we are saying China is lying to defend the US.

That is not what is happening. No one is defending the US. The US intentionally did not want to test people to keep the numbers low and was late in enforcing preventative measures. I fully buy the US having more cases or more deaths. But I donít buy Chinaís numbers given the statistical impossibility of the models projections and the intelligence from other countries and the actual accounts from Chinese people on the ground.

In essence, EVERYTHING is telling us Chinaís numbers are wrong except the Chinese government and you are choosing to believe the Chinese government.

It is so bizarre.
    I dont think you are consciously making it a us vs china thing, oh no that's not how this media system works.

The bizarre thing is is how accurately chinas exponential growth curve starting at roughly 2 months after first confirmed cases predicted the same exact growth curve in america, yet people somehow think the numbers are being fudged?

That is to say, based on China's numbers (exponential growth starting roughly two months after first confirmed case), we were able to predict when the exponential growth would start in california. We luckily locked down ahead of that growth and you can see just as it started to exponentially rise it then started to steady out about 2 weeks after lock down.

Social distance works. Aggressive screening and disinfection, coupled with COMPLETE shut down of enter exit, works better. Obviously. But social distance still works. Still better than nothing.

Last edited by nastynice; 04-10-2020 at 03:42 AM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Did you ever actually look at the statistics?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bar...oo-51581622840

According to statisticians Chinaís numbers were near impossible
    When trying to read up on this I found an article rebutting this

https://theprepared.com/blog/no-2019...o-fit-a-curve/

Cant really comment tho, just sharing

All I'm saying about china is that theres no reason to believe that their overall data set is falsified. Their numbers make sense, everyone's numbers followed the same timelines, and their lower death and infection rate makes sense given their aggressive restrictions and shut down.

That doesn't mean I believe or trust china overall.

I actually have a conspiracy in my head against them.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    All I'm saying about china is that theres no reason to believe that their overall data set is falsified. Their numbers make sense, everyone's numbers followed the same timelines, and their lower death and infection rate makes sense given their aggressive restrictions and shut down.

Taiwan isn't part of China.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/10/us/di...rnd/index.html

Itís a shame although not unexpected, people are losing it during the pandemic. Like Iíve said before, Iím afraid suicide rates and mental illness will trend up...especially if these people donít see that supposed $1200 check soon.

So many people are living paycheck to paycheck in this country to a point where their savings will be bled by the end of the month.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2020...n-out-thi.aspx

Iím not sure how reliable this article is but it suggests 50% of Americans will run out of savings by April. An economic lockdown simply isnít feasible the way this country is currently set up...or is it and weíre just dealing with selfish people at the top? Who knows, all I know is that the longer this goes on, the worse things are going to get. I think weíre finally getting to that breaking point for a lot of people.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Back to square one.

When trying to read up on this I found an article rebutting this

https://theprepared.com/blog/no-2019...o-fit-a-curve/

Cant really comment tho, just sharing

nowhere in my article does it say they used a quadratic model, so you donít actually know if it rebuts mine (and yes this is a big deal since youíve spent days saying because mine doesnít show all the data we donít know for sure what it says but now suddenly that ambiguity is irrelevant to you now youve finally found something).

I dont think you are consciously making it a us vs china thing, oh no that's not how this media system works.

The bizarre thing is is how accurately chinas exponential growth curve starting at roughly 2 months after first confirmed cases predicted the same exact growth curve in america, yet people somehow think the numbers are being fudged?

That is to say, based on China's numbers (exponential growth starting roughly two months after first confirmed case), we were able to predict when the exponential growth would start in california. We luckily locked down ahead of that growth and you can see just as it started to exponentially rise it then started to steady out about 2 weeks after lock down.

Social distance works. Aggressive screening and disinfection, coupled with COMPLETE shut down of enter exit, works better. Obviously. But social distance still works. Still better than nothing.

To give an idea of how brainwashed you are, youve already admitted Chinaís numbers in the beginning were lies, but your defense now is:

If you take the beginning numbers from China that were a lie and plot them to their numbers now, we see the exact same growth rate as California so itís not suspicious.

Like, you realize Iím using the original case timeline and numbers from China, youíre using data youíve already stated you think is incorrect. And now youíve built the entire model off those faulty numbers.

Ironically, much like China.

nowhere in my article does it say they used a quadratic model, so you donít actually know if it rebuts mine (and yes this is a big deal since youíve spent days saying because mine doesnít show all the data we donít know for sure what it says but now suddenly that ambiguity is irrelevant to you now youve finally found something).
    No, like I said I cant comment. I cant comment because I didnt read it in depth. I didnt read it in depth because all of these articles are from early February. They're pretty pointless on our discussion.

If you can link me that study you are referring to that would be great, because you have yet to have explained it in any way. I am curious what they are referring to in regards to predictive models

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Back to square one.
    The ironic thing is he keeps asking ďwhy would China lie about the numbersĒ and has also admitted they lied about their original numbers. The reason China already lied about their numbers is because they didnít want the world to know what was happening, and the reason they would lie now is because they donít want the world to know how bad it was before they fessed up and told the world the danger, because if it were far worse than reported, it would make China look even worse for their original lies.

To give an idea of how brainwashed you are, youve already admitted Chinaís numbers in the beginning were lies, but your defense now is:

If you take the beginning numbers from China that were a lie and plot them to their numbers now, we see the exact same growth rate as California so itís not suspicious.

Like, you realize Iím using the original case timeline and numbers from China, youíre using data youíve already stated you think is incorrect. And now youíve built the entire model off those faulty numbers.

Ironically, much like China.
    lol, you better than this vlads

I didnt say China's numbers were lies in the beginning, I said they were trying to cover this up. They were trying to cover it up by suppressing information, not by giving false infection numbers.

Anyways, the proof is in the graphs. Theres no denying it. Their data set predicted ours very accurately. Thats good science.

The ironic thing is he keeps asking ďwhy would China lie about the numbersĒ and has also admitted they lied about their original numbers. The reason China already lied about their numbers is because they didnít want the world to know what was happening, and the reason they would lie now is because they donít want the world to know how bad it was before they fessed up and told the world the danger, because if it were far worse than reported, it would make China look even worse for their original lies.
    lol, so you think they are lying about the numbers before they alarmed the world about the virus?

Walk me through that one..