Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2433

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: You are giving China credit for fessing up to the truth after everyone knew they were wrong. Thatís like giving a murderer a pat on the back for admitting to a murder after police find video of the murder.

Second Bolded: Itís obvious at this poi t youíve gone into your defensiveness stubbornness mode where nothing will every change your mind so thereís no point. Youíre basically saying ďthis thing that proves Iím wrong isnít enough to convince me Iím wrong, so itís up to you to somehow make me change my mind Iím telling you Iím not going to changeĒ.
    No, I'm not giving china "credit" for fessing up, I went at them pretty hard for letting this loose actually. I am simply telling you WHY I am not carrying the earlier dishonesty over from early in the disease course when they were trying to cover it, to later once it was realized this can become a global pandemic. I am not carrying that dishonesty over because the stakes completely changed.

"Proves" me wrong? You cant even tell me what the r values represent in his study, I think it's safe to say nothing has been proven to anybody.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You've made it very obvious that you don't see anything at all suspicious with China. Try taking the blinders off.
    Idk why you even bother anymore lol

lol, I love how not one person can actually break down in laymen terms what the issue is. Yall like, some guy that knows more than me said something, you're insane for not believing him!! [emoji23][emoji23]

I got no issue being open minded about why their numbers might be bogus, I said ok they seem too perfect to be an organic data sample, ok, point taken. What else you want from me??

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Lmao

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

The best part is, both side of the political spectrum in america is blaming the other side for inflating/downplaying numbers, yet china is the one everyone's pointing at

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, I'm not dismissing it, I just said its a legit criticism. But you think that anyone that does anything other than vehemently agree with you must be wrong.

What tactic is that?
    Because itís not possible to say something that proves Chinaís numbers are not accurate is a legitimate criticism but you still think Chinaís numbers are legitimate.

I donít demand vehement agreement, I just expect someone who acknowledges something that disproves their point to not continue arguing the same point...

No, I'm not giving china "credit" for fessing up, I went at them pretty hard for letting this loose actually. I am simply telling you WHY I am not carrying the earlier dishonesty over from early in the disease course when they were trying to cover it, to later once it was realized this can become a global pandemic. I am not carrying that dishonesty over because the stakes completely changed.

"Proves" me wrong? You cant even tell me what the r values represent in his study, I think it's safe to say nothing has been proven to anybody.
    If you doubt China is lying because it makes no sense, explain to me the sense of Statisticians saying Chinaís numbers donít make sense because of an r99 value if their values are somewhere where a r99 value wouldnít be unusual.

Explain to me why these statisticians would lie about that?

lol, I love how not one person can actually break down in laymen terms what the issue is. Yall like, some guy that knows more than me said something, you're insane for not believing him!! [emoji23][emoji23]

I got no issue being open minded about why their numbers might be bogus, I said ok they seem too perfect to be an organic data sample, ok, point taken. What else you want from me??
    I broke down in laymen terms exactly what the issue is, you then said he issue doesnít matter because you article doesnít State the r value, I then asked if you thought the statisticians took the r value into account when making their claim, and you have not answered.

And itís not that the guy knows more than me, itís that he knows more than you.

I want you to stop saying ďtheir point is legit but Iím going to ignore it anywayĒ

Also, hereís an article on the unreliability if projection models due to the volume of assumptions that must be made:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...9-predictions/

Safe to say the r value is nowhere near r99 when predicting pandemic numbers.

Yet somehow China managed to be more accurate than a supercomputer. Wonder why that is...

https://youtu.be/RDrfE9I8_hs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    january 31st is when russia closed its border to china.... they just closed all of their borders a few days ago.... russia is started to get hit really hard and some officials believe they already had plenty of cases early on with a 37 pct rise in phenomena cases in january but just chalked it up to that and not the virus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/30/coro...nt-spread.html

as of january 29th china had confirmed 170 deaths to almost 8k cases... again at the time when compared with the flu this is why countries balked at reacting like they would have if they knew thousands likely already died.
    Ok, I'm going to compare china with California, I will prove to you these numbers make sense.

So in china this first surfaced in late november, and in california late January. From late november to late January is 2 months, that is before the exponential growth rise starts.

In California we followed near the same pattern, first cases in late January, and 2 months later in late march we just started to have the exponential growth rise. You can see it here

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

This is a great site. I check this site every single day, this is why I know our stay at home order on the 17th is indeed having a positive effect. Good for Gary Newsome, he saved lives by not waiting longer, bad for Gary Newsome, he let people die by not starting sooner. Guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

There very well may be relevant factors I'm not considering, but on the surface those numbers seem to.make sense. The timeline may be off by a week or so.

Last edited by nastynice; 04-09-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Also, hereís an article on the unreliability if projection models due to the volume of assumptions that must be made:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...9-predictions/

Safe to say the r value is nowhere near r99 when predicting pandemic numbers.

Yet somehow China managed to be more accurate than a supercomputer. Wonder why that is...
    Cmon man, you wasted my time by making me read that, what is that supposed to tell me?

Don't worry, I just googled "china numbers lying r value", I'll read up on it

https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...obile&ie=UTF-8

So far tho, I clicked on the first link, bloomberg link that says US intelligence says china numbers are lying because they have less cases and casualties, lmaoooo, bro our govt fell asleep and now they tryina blame china!!

Their numbers are less because they LOCKED DOWN. No one was allowed in or out of Hubei province. The highways in and out had cones across them, they were literally locked down. When one patient tested positive, they would screen and disinfect the ENTIRE BLOCK where they live.

No **** they had lower numbers than us, no **** sherlock. We haven't done anything close to that, even now in the crescendo of this peak or whatever, we aren't even 50% as aggressive in New York as they were in Wuhan. What percent of citizens wear mask in New York? In wuhan? I'm willing to bet wuhan is significantly higher.

Why are people surprised our numbers are higher? That follows 100% in line with how each country reacted

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Idk why you even bother anymore lol
    Got a lot of time on my hands (as seems to be the case with most of us currently) and enjoy challenging blatant misinformation.

You're right though: it's basically pointless and completely not worthy of any sort of high effort replies.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

You completely brush off or deny any information presented to you if it doesn't fit in to your current world view. Plenty of people, myself included, have presented legit information for why China's data about the coronavirus is more than a little fishy (and it's not like this is some unsubstantiated conspiracy theory or something).

The problem isn't an inability of others to properly explain this stuff to you, it is your own inability to a) process the information presented to you and/or b) ever admit that you could be wrong.

I think beyond anything, people would appreciate it if you exhibited even the slightest bit of intellectual honesty in these conversations you always find yourself on the wrong end of.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Ok, I'm going to compare china with California, I will prove to you these numbers make sense.

So in china this first surfaced in late november, and in california late January. From late november to late January is 2 months, that is before the exponential growth rise starts.

In California we followed near the same pattern, first cases in late January, and 2 months later in late march we just started to have the exponential growth rise. You can see it here

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

This is a great site. I check this site every single day, this is why I know our stay at home order on the 17th is indeed having a positive effect. Good for Gary Newsome, he saved lives by not waiting longer, bad for Gary Newsome, he let people die by not starting sooner. Guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

There very well may be relevant factors I'm not considering, but on the surface those numbers seem to.make sense. The timeline may be off by a week or so.

a) you didn't come anywhere near proving "the numbers make sense" with this post

b) Gary?