Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 258 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    This was considered to be the peak for the United States, I don’t think a lot of this is all that surprising.

If we could get these medical workers the supplies they needed, maybe we wouldn’t have to worry about death totals. There’s supposed to be thousands of ventilators coming in, where the **** are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure....but the longer it takes, the bigger hit to the economy it'll be, which should help sink a certain someone's chances at re-election. That's reason for applause by some people's standards.

Wait for it....

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not sure....but the longer it takes, the bigger hit to the economy it'll be, which should help sink a certain someone's chances at re-election. That's reason for applause by some people's standards.
    It must be defeating knowing that the only way anybody responds to you is when you troll or throw around snark.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Seems like we are currently adding about 10k cases per day and will be leading the way with most cases shortly if we don't already.

MN is starting a stay at home order over the next couple weeks, I think measures like this should help.

It must be defeating knowing that the only way anybody responds to you is when you troll or throw around snark.

Killer retort. I am so utterly defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Seems like we are currently adding about 10k cases per day and will be leading the way with most cases shortly if we don't already.

MN is starting a stay at home order over the next couple weeks, I think measures like this should help.
    Within 2 days USA will be leading for sure. Which to me is crazy. When you consider overall population and population density compared to other countries. I think it shows that USA was slow responding and didn't take appropriate measures soon enough. Canada at one point was basically 10% of USA's cases, which fits since we're roughly 10% of the population. But the growth in the USA compared to Canada is astounding. And I would even say we did a piss poor job. People leaving the army quarantine centers here, only to test positive a few days after being released.

This was considered to be the peak for the United States, I don’t think a lot of this is all that surprising.

If we could get these medical workers the supplies they needed, maybe we wouldn’t have to worry about death totals. There’s supposed to be thousands of ventilators coming in, where the **** are they?

Theyre being made as quick as possible. Ford, GM, Tesla, 3M and a couple other companies are in the process of making them.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Within 2 days USA will be leading for sure. Which to me is crazy. When you consider overall population and population density compared to other countries. I think it shows that USA was slow responding and didn't take appropriate measures soon enough. Canada at one point was basically 10% of USA's cases, which fits since we're roughly 10% of the population. But the growth in the USA compared to Canada is astounding. And I would even say we did a piss poor job. People leaving the army quarantine centers here, only to test positive a few days after being released.
    Ya I don't think it has been handled great and especially earlier on it wasn't taken seriously from the top down to the population until recently. Now there are plenty of efforts being taken but much of it is a little late and we seem unable to have the same control over the curve some other countries seemed to.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think has more to do with people ignoring the magnitude of the situation. NYC is taking down Basketball Hoops in public parks because people want to play. Spring Breakers are lounging on the beaches in Florida. People are going to work in spite of a shelter in place order.

I've written off the spring, and I am hoping like hell to salvage some semblance summer. But if citizens still feel compelled to congregate socially while this epidemic is running rampant, that season may eventually be squandered also.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    when did i call anything a hoax? Also i can find just as many articles that back up i am right

i can acknowledge trumps faults the problem is much like Z you are so bias against trump he could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would still spin it as a bad thing.
    Don’t give this BS about curing cancer and and all that nonsense because it would never even come ****ing close to that.

He is horrible period but people like you want to always find the good and say look look, forget the bad, look at the good he did.

The horrible things he has done well outweighs the good and I agree that some things he has done have been good but they don’t ****ing come close to the **** he has said and done that put peoples life in danger and even has led to the death of some because as the president he has the biggest megaphone and their are idiots out here who listen and thinks is ok to do bad **** because it aligns with what the president said.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opini...ngs/index.html

so much for that... 49 percent like how he has handled this.

The Gallup poll this week recorded its highest ever job approval for the President (49% approve, versus 45% who don't). Likewise, Trump is generally getting decent marks on his handling of the pandemic, with Gallup showing 60% approval on the subject.
    And I don’t get it, but then again America let itself be conned by a big time con artist.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

If things get open up it will rise even more sadly.

It takes serious shelter in place practice to contain this ****er.

Not sure if there are Imgurians on here, but this guy on Imgur does daily updates and they’re pretty good, straightforward and free of media spin: https://imgur.com/gallery/CKFaBnh

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I think has more to do with people ignoring the magnitude of the situation. NYC is taking down Basketball Hoops in public parks because people want to play. Spring Breakers are lounging on the beaches in Florida. People are going to work in spite of a shelter in place order.

I've written off the spring, and I am hoping like hell to salvage some semblance summer. But if citizens still feel compelled to congregate socially while this epidemic is running rampant, that season may eventually be squandered also.
    This is part of it too and gets to the messaging from the POTUS others have mentioned. There are wide divides about how serious people think this is/was even just a couple of weeks back we have polls showing far too many not wanting to change their ways but also a partisan divide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...demic-n1159106

But a glaring partisan divide exists within these numbers.

Sixty-eight percent of Democratic voters are worried that an immediate family member might catch the coronavirus, compared with just 40 percent of Republicans who agree.

Fifty-six percent of Democrats believe their day-to-day lives will change in a major way, versus only 26 percent of Republicans.

And 79 percent of Democrats say the worst is yet to come, versus just 40 percent of Republicans who hold the same opinion.

The partisan split carries over to plans and activities.

Forty-seven percent of all voters say they've stopped or plan to stop attending large public gatherings, which includes 61 percent of Democratic respondents but just 30 percent of Republicans.

What's more, 36 percent say they've canceled or plan to cancel travel, which includes 47 percent of Democrats but just 23 percent of Republicans.

The messaging from the start has been this won't be a problem/won't affect us, we have it under control, it will go away and people have largely reacted as if that is the case and the effect is glaring along party lines this shows with many taking that messaging to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If things get open up it will rise even more sadly.

It takes serious shelter in place practice to contain this ****er.
    Definitely which is why opening things up doesn't need to be pushed immediately, we need to have patience and listen to the experts on this moving forward. We don't need to open up immediately, we need to make sure this is under control so we don't just keep allowing panic/shortages/too many cases at once etc. over and over.