Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 264 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 3953

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #766
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,508
    Take this politics crap to the proper forum please.

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,624
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Obama had one of the weakest recoveries since the great depression unless i ma mistaken.... When the recession hit obama the only reason he kept things afloat was that he got more help from the federal reserve to boost the economy then ever before... we recovered because of the fed policies or obama would have driven us into the ground
    You’re wrong.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You’re wrong.
    https://money.com/who-really-dug-us-...eat-recession/

    go ahead... tell me how... Obama entered with a safety net and got blanketed by the federal reserve later on for protection.

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,508
    USA has now passed Italy in confirmed cases and the world is over 500k.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,814
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    32 prominent economists from both parties sign letter arguing that saving lives from coronavirus will also save the economy:

    https://economicstrategygroup.org/re...ement-covid19/
    I think this is common sense at this point. But I also think there is a crossing point.

    Medically the best thing would be to completely shut the world down until we have a virus. But I think doing that would be a case of the cure being worse than the problem, to borrow a buzzword phrase.

    That letter only says “right now”. I feel at some point down the line though those objectives they describe will overlap and a difficult decision will need to be made. But it’s certainly not right now.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,059
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    A president that stopped letting china take advantage of us economically
    Trumps been getting smoked in the china negotiations

    I'll give him effort points tho

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,624
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://money.com/who-really-dug-us-...eat-recession/

    go ahead... tell me how... Obama entered with a safety net and got blanketed by the federal reserve later on for protection.
    Their is other articles that state different.

    Again by the time he left the Dow Jones was at 19,500 and the unemployment rate at 4.6%.

    But you want to give Trump all the cross for what happened next as he waived a magic wand and things were not headed in the up direction when he took over.

    Again you’re wrong, but then again you called the Russia investigation a hoax and that right there says it all.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Their is other articles that state different.

    Again by the time he left the Dow Jones was at 19,500 and the unemployment rate at 4.6%.

    But you want to give Trump all the cross for what happened next as he waived a magic wand and things were not headed in the up direction when he took over.

    Again you’re wrong, but then again you called the Russia investigation a hoax and that right there says it all.
    when did i call anything a hoax? Also i can find just as many articles that back up i am right

    i can acknowledge trumps faults the problem is much like Z you are so bias against trump he could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would still spin it as a bad thing.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,403
    death total just jumped big time... over 100 deaths today and we are only at 1 oclock. 1.1 death rate i believe?

  10. #775
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Take this politics crap to the proper forum please.
    I like your thinking.

  11. #776
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    USA has now passed Italy in confirmed cases and the world is over 500k.
    Current #'s:

    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-26-2020 at 02:03 PM.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    when did i call anything a hoax? Also i can find just as many articles that back up i am right

    i can acknowledge trumps faults the problem is much like Z you are so bias against trump he could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would still spin it as a bad thing.
    And you’re so biased that Trump can do ****** things and you would spin it as him doing a good job. Even if you’re not a Trumper, you’re as much of an Anti-Anti-Trumper as a few other posters around here. As in, you don’t necessarily support the guy but you try to toe the centrist line with comments and arguments.

    Seriously, the dude took 6 weeks telling everyone how this virus was a Democrat hoax, the **** spun out of control and affected his republican colleagues/his money and now he cares. He didn’t handle this virus well, at all.

    And before anybody tries to bring up Obama, I’m on record for criticizing him too. Obama, Bush, Biden, Clinton, Trump, you name it. Everybody’s allowed to get criticized, doesn’t mean it’s biased.

    I hate the argument of “if X did Y then you would be happy!”

    Well, let Trump do something that benefits me for once, until then, let’s not even pretend that he’s trying to cure cancer.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,403
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opini...ngs/index.html



    so much for that... 49 percent like how he has handled this.


    The Gallup poll this week recorded its highest ever job approval for the President (49% approve, versus 45% who don't). Likewise, Trump is generally getting decent marks on his handling of the pandemic, with Gallup showing 60% approval on the subject.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,531
    This was considered to be the peak for the United States, I don’t think a lot of this is all that surprising.

    If we could get these medical workers the supplies they needed, maybe we wouldn’t have to worry about death totals. There’s supposed to be thousands of ventilators coming in, where the **** are they?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opini...ngs/index.html



    so much for that... 49 percent like how he has handled this.


    The Gallup poll this week recorded its highest ever job approval for the President (49% approve, versus 45% who don't). Likewise, Trump is generally getting decent marks on his handling of the pandemic, with Gallup showing 60% approval on the subject.
    Bush’s presidency was like 90% days after 9/11.

    Approval ratings go up in times of disaster because (I’m speculating) the people turn into the news/politics more often and actually pay attention when they otherwise wouldn’t and are looking for leadership/some sort of government intervention. Everybody is seeing Trump sign the socialist - er stimulus bill to get money into the American people’s hands and they’re happy because free money.

    Kind of weird that his approval rating is so high when I’m constantly seeing articles about how he’s handling this horribly. Then again, I don’t think the average American reads the NYT, they’re more likely to read the Post - something that’ll paint Trump more favorably.

    That’s just my guess, though. Let’s see in 3/4 months, where his approval rating is at. I still have him beating Biden quite easily. ****, let’s see if people actually go to the polls when the elections come around.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •