Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

I coulda sworn the mortality rate was 1 in 50, or some crazy number like that. We're just lucky that as of yet the infection rate is still low.

****in china bro. I swear, these ****ers need to start actively fighting this across the globe with their bull **** *** currency. They wanna pound their chest that they can build a hospital in 7 days, good now go build hospitals in any 3rd world country where corona virus pop up.

How could they be so ****in stupid. The govt was trying to play it off like nothing in the beginning when it was in wuhan and let that **** spread every where.
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-28-2020 at 04:46 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If any country with socialized healthcare starts coming up with medicines to help patient outcomes instead of the us, then we need to just dismantle our entire health system asap

Gotta go full Bern

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I have no idea if this is a "big deal" or not. Half the articles I read act as if it's the apocalypse and the other half act as if it is no more prevalent or dangerous than a common cold. Trying to get accurate news about it and there's only sensationalism from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I have no idea if this is a "big deal" or not. Half the articles I read act as if it's the apocalypse and the other half act as if it is no more prevalent or dangerous than a common cold. Trying to get accurate news about it and there's only sensationalism from both sides.
    I think both are somewhat true. My wife is all over it so she is the expert but it seems like it is very very catchy and has a fatality rate of like 2%. So its not going to kill everyone but it could infect a ton of people and then it becomes a big problem. It also seems a little more tricky then Sars and other more recent flu strains that cause problems. With those you showed symptoms well before you became contagious. This one not so much. Anyway, real men like you and me well be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I really don't get why everyone is so freaked out by the Coronavirus.
    "So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed COVID-19, has led to more than 75,000 illnesses and 2,000 deaths, primarily in mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 26 million illnesses, 250,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths this seasonn, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."
    People need to calm down already, this will pass soon enough and all of those morons crying wolf will move on the next crisis.
    Seriously, it's a virus, not a plague, not a pandemic.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    "So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed COVID-19, has led to more than 75,000 illnesses and 2,000 deaths, primarily in mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 26 million illnesses, 250,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths this seasonn, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."
    People need to calm down already, this will pass soon enough and all of those morons crying wolf will move on the next crisis.

You pretty much got your answer right there. 14,000 deaths out of 26,000,000, that's roughly 1 in 2,000. Coronavirus is 2,000 deaths in 75,000 cases, that's roughly 1 in 35. In combination with its ability to spread, that's bad news. In the medical world a 1 in 35 mortality rate is EXTREMELY high.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post

Basically there are vaccines in place and methods to deal with the flu. They have no medical way of stopping Corona right now so they stop people at the border and travel. Corona can also lay dormant and still be caught after a period of time that the length of time is still in dispute. It also appears its transferring from animals to people or vice versa, (some one in England's dog that was on the Princess ship)

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You pretty much got your answer right there. 14,000 deaths out of 26,000,000, that's roughly 1 in 2,000. Coronavirus is 2,000 deaths in 75,000 cases, that's roughly 1 in 35. In combination with its ability to spread, that's bad news. In the medical world a 1 in 35 mortality rate is EXTREMELY high.

If you look at the mortality rates in China they are over 80, over 70, over 60 ... the highest rate of death is the over 80 then over 70 then over 60. There is also a higher death rate in smokers and lots of smokers in China. You get lower / flu like death rates at about 40 years old

I need to find the study this Dr. is quoting on another board.

"From one of the articles in a medical journal I was perusing...The main part of it was discussing the fact that smokers in China are ubiquitous (including doctors) and that smokers are more likely to be susceptible to the pneumonia, etc. that is causing more of the deaths. The following were China breakdown of deaths....

The study also showed that older adults have been hit hardest by COVID-19. Among those ages 80 and older, the death rate was 14.8%, compared with 8.0% for those ages 70 to 79; 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for those ages 50 to 59; 0.4% for those ages 40 to 49, and 0.2% for those ages 10 to 39. No deaths have been reported among children from birth to age 9."
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Basically there are vaccines in place and methods to deal with the flu. They have no medical way of stopping Corona right now so they stop people at the border and travel. Corona can also lay dormant and still be caught after a period of time that the length of time is still in dispute. It also appears its transferring from animals to people or vice versa, (some one in England's dog that was on the Princess ship)

If you look at the mortality rates in China they are over 80, over 70, over 60 ... the highest rate of death is the over 80 then over 70 then over 60. There is also a higher death rate in smokers and lots of smokers in China. You get lower / flu like death rates at about 40 years old

I need to find the study this Dr. is quoting on another board.

"From one of the articles in a medical journal I was perusing...The main part of it was discussing the fact that smokers in China are ubiquitous (including doctors) and that smokers are more likely to be susceptible to the pneumonia, etc. that is causing more of the deaths. The following were China breakdown of deaths....

The study also showed that older adults have been hit hardest by COVID-19. Among those ages 80 and older, the death rate was 14.8%, compared with 8.0% for those ages 70 to 79; 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for those ages 50 to 59; 0.4% for those ages 40 to 49, and 0.2% for those ages 10 to 39. No deaths have been reported among children from birth to age 9."
    Sure, any immunocompromised individual will be affected more by any infection.

Yes, part of the issue is this is something new and we just haven't studied it long enough to understand it the way we understand other bugs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/a-do...-confirms.html

dog didnt have symptoms of have the virus but the virus was found in the dogs mouth

Goddam dog

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...470_story.html

Damn, I think this thing may start popping up in pockets around the world. What a stupid ****in country, china, they let this loose on the world.

If you understand disease transmission this was probably expected tbh

I might even wear a mask, I wonder if that **** stops it

I heard china already got machines that let them test for this virus on the spot. These mother ****ers china need to go build hospitals around the world and give supplies to everyone.

How could this big, successful, and powerful of a nation be this damn stupid?

I hope this damn virus dont start mutating all aggressively

Anyone know if the govt pumping money into research right now? Bernie woulda had that going asap, what's trump doing?

Gotta stay ahead of this thing.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...s-experts-say/

I guess the mask dont help, good hygiene does.

They should build a hospital in the center of the country and just fly any case straight there asap. Plus local screening for all contacts asap. Why not? What's there to lose? A couple ten millions of dollars?

Easily worth it. I'll buy those odds for this risk reward 100 out of 100 times.

Last edited by nastynice; 02-29-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How could this big, successful, and powerful of a nation be this damn stupid?

Not sure....but I bet if you tune in to CGTN they'll give you some straight, no nonsense answers.

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast