Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 183 of 233 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3493

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They do, if you blow a .08% they take you to jail, doesnt matter if you're drunk or not. Altho I've blown .08% before while being under 21, cop let me go cuz I easily passed all the tests, and apparently I'm one lucky mofo. But technically I shoulda been taken in, even tho clearly not drunk.

Also no one really knows when they hit .08 vs .06. So not exactly KNOWINGLY breaking the law. I think my analogy is actually pretty good when you actually think about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Great but now imagine that they said you cant ever drive because some people drive drunk. Or you cant drink because some people drink and drive. How would you feel about that?

Thats the more appropriate analogy. Right now, people are being told they cant work because some people who do are unknowingly sick and may pass it on to others. Instead of making policy that is nuanced and controls for the population that is significantly at risk... governors have tanked their own economies to try and oust a president they disagree with. Honestly, I hope all these governors lose their next election. They've overplayed their power and ignored their responsibilities.

The economy is certainly more nuanced than Trump, but yes I did give him credit for the moves he directly made and I also gave him a good amount of credit for not letting the economy go into recession, which I do believe would have happened with a Democrat president.

If Trump makes smart moves and it helps boost the economy then of course I'll give him credit, why wouldnt I?

I feel like Asian countries handled this well because they actually used their brains and started actively dealing with the virus the moment it started showing up in their country. Look at what a "surge" in South Korea or Taiwan is, it's like 20 cases, lol. They are operating at a completely different level than we are because they are taking what the American academic system teaches about epidemics, and putting it into practice via their govt. Why this connection is not being made in America, I have no clue. Something is broken or missing, that much I know.

Colorado handled it well too. So did HI, SD, ND, and a whole handful of locations that have much smaller populations and much more restrictive govt systems.

Comparing small Asian countries to the third largest country in the world that has the highest standard of living in the whole along with the largest amount of personal freedom... is not fair at all.

Also, you need to consider how these deaths are counted. Each country counts differently. Here in the US, if a patient dies of a heart attack but is covid + we count it as a covid death. Nothing wrong with counting that way as long as the people who are looking at the numbers understand the number value. This is why we have a media freaking out at the number of deaths. but as per usual... its more nuanced than that.

This biggest problem this country has faced, in terms of covid deaths that didnt need to happen, was governors mandating nursing homes take sick patients. That easily killed 33%+ people than needed to die.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "Douche douche douche. I'm a radiologist, so I'm right and you're just a mean douche, you douche."
    hey goober... I'm a, ICU Respiratory Therapist who travels for work. This is my EXACT specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i have given trump credit for the economy and credit for how awful this situation is and how not possible this situation is... he is no worse then bush/obama tbh.... but his mouth is what makes him a ****ing moron... just shut up and let others talk for you like every president ever... and because of his ego and mouth he wont and shouldnt be president again.
    What could he have done differently?

Diff presidents have diff strengths, but one thing I know is as far as responding to this pandemic there is no possible way Bush or Obama would've handled it this bad. I cant fathom either of those two doing literally nothing for 2 months, watch states close down on their own, start a movement to push for re opens without even having any legitimate enforceable protocol in place, watch states lockdown a second time, yet still not even active in this corona battle here 6 months later.
    So he was supposed to shut down a country for what was happening in two states? And I could be wrong, but Im almost positive the initial 2 week federal isolation program came before any states mandates.

if you understood this virus at all, you would know that re-opening and more people dying was inevitable. Every touted a "flattening the curve" theory but everyone complains when it did exactly what it was designed to do.

We were never getting out this without losing a substantial amount of lives. You can say we should have done what so and so did but we live in a country that has kept more people alive through their freedoms than any other country EVER. you take away those freedoms and we may save more now, but we will lose exponentially more later.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    What could he have done differently?
    Excuse me while I die from laughter.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

hey goober... I'm a, ICU Respiratory Therapist who travels for work. This is my EXACT specialty.
    I wasn't talking to you, big boy. Maybe share some actual useful information instead of jumping to insults; that is if you are capable of doing such a thing.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Of course the numbers of untested people with the virus would be higher
    Then why did you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To get this thread back on is intended topic, here is something that I have been doing for a couple of months:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ief&rid=101049
    I donate my plasma with antibodies to the virus. I have gotten notes from the blood center where I donate telling me that some 2 dozen patients have received my antibodies and have all recovered from the virus.
    Fantastic. Good job Catman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I know my wife friend died a few weeks ago, beat breast cancer but was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and was given a few months to live. Tested positive and the death was listed as covid-related. That and I've hand a couple dozen staff that signed up to be tested at a mobil testing spot but weren't tested for various reasons and more than half cam back positive without a test even being administered.

Conspiracy, not really, but the numbers certainly aren't real as reported.
    They went to a testing center, weren’t tested, but were given positive results?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I know my wife friend died a few weeks ago, beat breast cancer but was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and was given a few months to live. Tested positive and the death was listed as covid-related. That and I've hand a couple dozen staff that signed up to be tested at a mobil testing spot but weren't tested for various reasons and more than half cam back positive without a test even being administered.

Conspiracy, not really, but the numbers certainly aren't real as reported.
    My brother works for the govt, he sits in on these covid calls and he was telling me the same thing, there was a guy that died in a car accident who was covid positive and reported as a covid death. He didnt ask why they did that, but that call was made by higher ups.

Theres just a lot of wierd **** surrounding this whole thing.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Colorado handled it well too. So did HI, SD, ND, and a whole handful of locations that have much smaller populations and much more restrictive govt systems.

Comparing small Asian countries to the third largest country in the world that has the highest standard of living in the whole along with the largest amount of personal freedom... is not fair at all.

Also, you need to consider how these deaths are counted. Each country counts differently. Here in the US, if a patient dies of a heart attack but is covid + we count it as a covid death. Nothing wrong with counting that way as long as the people who are looking at the numbers understand the number value. This is why we have a media freaking out at the number of deaths. but as per usual... its more nuanced than that.

This biggest problem this country has faced, in terms of covid deaths that didnt need to happen, was governors mandating nursing homes take sick patients. That easily killed 33%+ people than needed to die.
    Of course we can compare ourselves to those countries. They immediately began full fledged screening and tracing. Their numbers reflect it. We didnt, and our numbers reflect it.

They mandated social distance orders starting January. Their numbers reflect it. We didnt, we still aren't, and our numbers are reflecting it.

We have a dumb *** president who urged people not to be safe. Our numbers reflect it. They didnt have a dumb ***, and their numbers reflect it.

These are all legitimate criticisms (and just the tip of the iceberg) which have nothing to do with nation size. It has to do with how our govt responded. Their govts responded. Ours didnt. The numbers reflect this.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Then why did you ask?
    Thats not what I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They went to a testing center, weren’t tested, but were given positive results?

Yes.

So he was supposed to shut down a country for what was happening in two states? And I could be wrong, but Im almost positive the initial 2 week federal isolation program came before any states mandates.

if you understood this virus at all, you would know that re-opening and more people dying was inevitable. Every touted a "flattening the curve" theory but everyone complains when it did exactly what it was designed to do.

We were never getting out this without losing a substantial amount of lives. You can say we should have done what so and so did but we live in a country that has kept more people alive through their freedoms than any other country EVER. you take away those freedoms and we may save more now, but we will lose exponentially more later.
    No, dont shut the country down for 2 states, this is why I'm saying we needed a federal response. So they could direct states in step with one another.

They should have started aggressively screening all travelers out of and into Washington, california, and New York. They should have started implementing distance guidelines for crowded places like arenas and mass public transit. Private sports leagues stepped up and took more responsibility than the govt by shutting down on their own.

We flattened the curve but the curve should have never spiked the way it did to begin with. We had numerous real life examples play out in front of us in Wuhan, Italy, and Iran, yet we sat there and did nothing. That's unacceptable.

150k is an embarrassment. It's a failure. Maybe 30k or 40k was inevitable, sure, but not THIS much. Not opening and closing back down. That's shoddy leadership. Wearing masks from February alone would have probably drop the death count 70%.