Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 177 of 248 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3706

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Those social media sites are private organizations that can moderate whatever and whoever they feel like moderating, just like the moderators on PSD can pick and choose what and who they want to moderate. You and I may not like it, but it is what it is. We have the choice to not support or participate in either of these things if the way they run their business doesn't align with our personal values (or idea of an enjoyable and/or productive time).

I guess I can assume that you were referring to Dr. Immanuel by the way you completely avoided my question in regards to her and her reckless advice?
    Dr. Immanuel is the latest example, but she wasn't the only doctor in the video or the only doctor who has spoken out about the usefulness of the drug. Shouldn't we as a medical community be willing to try anything with even a moderate amount of success against this virus? Again, there are far more dangerous drugs being prescribed for other reasons.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Dr. Immanuel is the latest example, but she wasn't the only doctor in the video or the only doctor who has spoken out about the usefulness of the drug. Shouldn't we as a medical community be willing to try anything with even a moderate amount of success against this virus? Again, there are far more dangerous drugs being prescribed for other reasons.
    Dr. Immanuel is a dangerous piece of **** who's advice can kill people. The private social media platforms have every right to take her down. And by the way, Global warming is real too.

a) I'll take that as a resounding "yes"

b) what does a video being on social media or not have to do with what the medical community is willing to try or not in terms of potential coronavirus treatments?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Dr. Immanuel is a dangerous piece of **** who's advice can kill people. The private social media platforms have every right to take her down. And by the way, Global warming is real too.
    Testimonials were popping up long before Dr. Immanuel, so I'm not sure why you both are so fixated on her. She isn't the only doctor to say that the drug is an effective treatment. Cross her off the list if you believe she's bat **** crazy and you still have doctors who have been saying for months that they've used hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for covid-19.

Not sure what you're trying to prove with the global warming quip.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

a) I'll take that as a resounding "yes"

b) what does a video being on social media or not have to do with what the medical community is willing to try or not in terms of potential coronavirus treatments?
    Seems stupid to believe this virus is as deadly as you have said in this thread that you believe it to be and not care about the suppression of information or a state's attempt to ban the sale of a drug that a number of doctors are saying is an effective treatment. You'll continue to side-step that while fixating on this doctor who I care nothing about. Good to have you back, spliff.

So doctors get their medical information from social media videos? Sounds both inefficient and unprofessional if you ask me.

I'm not fixated on anything, I was simply trying to get you to give a straight answer (which you are tellingly avoiding).

....and good to "have me back"? I'm certainly not the one that was recently banned three weeks for "stereotyping/prejudice remarks".

Thanks for the sentiment regardless though!

So doctors get their medical information from social media videos? Sounds both inefficient and unprofessional if you ask me.

I'm not fixated on anything, I was simply trying to get you to give a straight answer (which you are tellingly avoiding).
    I've given you a straight answer. Several times. And where did I say medical doctors get their information from social media? Enough with the spin game, spliff.

....and good to "have me back"? I'm certainly not the one that was recently banned three weeks for "stereotyping/prejudice remarks".

Thanks for the sentiment regardless though!
    Yea, apparently it's racist to make jokes.

What happened to the flu? Weird.

Trying to have an honest conversation with you appears to be a complete waste of time (that is, outside of shining a light on your consistent nonsense for the rest of the group to see). It doesn't take a genius to deduce that you were inferring doctor's get their medical information from social media videos after seeing a post that says something like this:

Seems stupid to believe this virus is as deadly as you have said in this thread that you believe it to be and not care about the suppression of information
    Especially when it came after a post like this:

It seems that for some believing in the "medical community" means believing in what is said as long as it's in accordance with their political alignment. That, of course, has nothing to do with the fact that Facebook, Twitter, or any other MSM or social media entities have no business moderating what medical information is put out.
    It's also quite hypocritical of you to call people out for only believing medical experts that say things that align with their personal politics when that is *exactly* what you are doing.

Trying to have an honest conversation with you appears to be a complete waste of time (that is, outside of shining a light on your consistent nonsense for the rest of the group to see). It doesn't take a genius to deduce that you were inferring doctor's get their medical information from social media videos after seeing a post that says something like this:

Especially when it came after a post like this:

It's also quite hypocritical of you to call people out for only believing medical experts that say things that align with their personal politics when that is *exactly* what you are doing.
    "Shouldn't we as a medical community be willing to try anything with even a moderate amount of success against this virus?"

C'mon man, you're not even making sense here anymore. Where in my opinion that we should be open to "anything" (my actual word choice) was I being bipartisan?

It doesn't take a genius to deduce that you were inferring doctor's get their medical information from social media videos after seeing a post that says something like this:
    Not a genius, but apparently someone more intellectually capable than you, since I never implied any such thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfqKzKiQB78

this is why our country is failing