Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 233 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3493

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The WHO declared this a global health emergency in mid January. If America had took WHO at their word we would have tens of thousands of less dead Americans today.

It just seems odd the way you are dismissing WHO...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Their initial information was not gathered on their own, it was obtained from internet website in China (feel free to look it up). In January:
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/18/f...us-contagious/
    This story is a synopsis of the various tweets from the head of the WHO, showing his, and his organization's, missteps throughout the early part of the pandemic.
    They then said, on March 1: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/who-...e-reality.html
    They were more concerned about what the virus was called than actually dealing with it:
    "“The World Health Organization has adopted neutral language to describe this outbreak (the novel coronavirus, which causes COVID-19 disease), and its leadership has spoken out strongly about not stigmatizing the virus by its country of origin. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom went so far as to call stigma “more dangerous than the virus itself,” while encouraging the world to stand in “unison” to defeat the pandemic.”"
    The WHO has not done their job in this pandemic. Without people like Drs Birx and Fauci, we would be in a whole lot more trouble. Also, if Trump would stop talking about it and listen for a while, we would be doing better. Pelosi and Schumer have taken care to step on Trump's toes at every turn, showing that they do not care about anyone but themselves.
    In short, our government is running this pandemic about the same way they have run anything for the past 3 years.
    Last edited by catman; 07-17-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Here is some information from the American Heart Association:
    https://www.heart.org/en/coronavirus
    It is updated regularly.
    They have a hotline for information as well:
    If you need current, science-based information about the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re here available to help via live chat or call our Customer Service at 1-800-242-8721.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hope...through-2020-7
    Potentially great news about possible vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Alva Laroma View Post
    Not care too much. My country had prevented corona virus since May. And we are drinking corona beer to celebrate it, lol.
    Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Their initial information was not gathered on their own, it was obtained from internet website in China (feel free to look it up). In January:
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/18/f...us-contagious/
    This story is a synopsis of the various tweets from the head of the WHO, showing his, and his organization's, missteps throughout the early part of the pandemic.
    They then said, on March 1: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/who-...e-reality.html
    They were more concerned about what the virus was called than actually dealing with it:
    "“The World Health Organization has adopted neutral language to describe this outbreak (the novel coronavirus, which causes COVID-19 disease), and its leadership has spoken out strongly about not stigmatizing the virus by its country of origin. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom went so far as to call stigma “more dangerous than the virus itself,” while encouraging the world to stand in “unison” to defeat the pandemic.”"
    The WHO has not done their job in this pandemic. Without people like Drs Birx and Fauci, we would be in a whole lot more trouble. Also, if Trump would stop talking about it and listen for a while, we would be doing better. Pelosi and Schumer have taken care to step on Trump's toes at every turn, showing that they do not care about anyone but themselves.
    In short, our government is running this pandemic about the same way they have run anything for the past 3 years.
    That's fine, none of that changes the fact that the who declared this a global emergency in mid January and America simply failed to understand what that means.

You're just linking fluff, who cares if the WHO doesnt want the US referring to it as Kung Flu or whatever racist stuff Trump was saying? He himself was concerned with the name of the virus for a month, yet this article about the WHO makes you feel it somehow hurts their credibility? That's nothing concrete, just politics.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It's as simple as wearing a mask at all times in public combined with limiting non essential activity in public settings. I am not advocating shutting things back down other than bars, water parks, gyms etc but what I am advocating is the stupid anti-science rednecks in the Southern states that are blowing up right about now, put on their ****ing masks.

Ended up testing negative! I'm frankly surprised. Is it common to test negative for the virus but positive for the antibodies?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's fine, none of that changes the fact that the who declared this a global emergency in mid January and America simply failed to understand what that means.

You're just linking fluff, who cares if the WHO doesnt want the US referring to it as Kung Flu or whatever racist stuff Trump was saying? He himself was concerned with the name of the virus for a month, yet this article about the WHO makes you feel it somehow hurts their credibility? That's nothing concrete, just politics.

Linking fluff? These are tweets directly from the director. If its fluff, its another reason to disregard anything the WHO says. They have been all over the place with their directions and frequently contradict themselves within the same day -- and yes I have been given updates regularly.
    Here are a few of the tweets and other stories:
    The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to cam fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

The WHO announced that China had provided the necessary data on the virus in mid-January, a full month after initial data and information had been reportedly destroyed and a week after officials had reported that it still had not been identified.
    “China has done many good things to slow down the virus,” Tedros said. “The whole world can judge. There is no spinning here.”

In addition to its apparent failure to press the Chinese government on the lack of cooperation and refusal to provide all available data, the WHO gave Beijing an assist in pushing back against American outlets — and even President Donald Trump — claiming that it was “racist” to comment about the virus’ origin.

A number of public figures also joined the rallying cry, blaming Trump for “renaming” the virus to place blame unfairly on China.

But as some were quick to point out, American media outlets — some of the same who later pivoted to call it “racist” — referred to the coronavirus as “Wuhan coronavirus” before its rapid spread.

Even Chinese state media did the same before engaging in a pivot as well.

Tags : china coronavirus world health organization

The Chinese media called the virus the "Wuhan Virus" initially, as did CNN. A few weeks later, they called Trump racist for saying that it was a Chinese virus.

In short, the WHO did not do their jobs combating this virus. They gave the world faulty information and were behind the curve when they realized that the Chinese government had lied to them. I do not take their suggestions on the Covid-19 virus seriously. I pay attention to the CDC, Johns Hopkins, NYU Langone Medical Center and Mayo. They have been right all along.
    Again, if Trump would shut up and listen to the medical experts, we would be doing better. The Democrats, however, are not doing any better. Initially, Pelosi, Schumer, DiBlassio etal called Trump "racist and xenophobic" for blocking travel to and from China. Then later, they said that Trump didn't go far enough to stop the spread from China.
    Its hard to know what to believe coming from governmental organizations, other than the CDC.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Ended up testing negative! I'm frankly surprised. Is it common to test negative for the virus but positive for the antibodies?
    The nasal swab shows active virus. The blood test shows that you have been exposed. It is far more definitive. There are a lot of false negative swab tests.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Linking fluff? These are tweets directly from the director. If its fluff, its another reason to disregard anything the WHO says. They have been all over the place with their directions and frequently contradict themselves within the same day -- and yes I have been given updates regularly.
    Here are a few of the tweets and other stories:
    The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to cam fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

The WHO announced that China had provided the necessary data on the virus in mid-January, a full month after initial data and information had been reportedly destroyed and a week after officials had reported that it still had not been identified.
    “China has done many good things to slow down the virus,” Tedros said. “The whole world can judge. There is no spinning here.”

In addition to its apparent failure to press the Chinese government on the lack of cooperation and refusal to provide all available data, the WHO gave Beijing an assist in pushing back against American outlets — and even President Donald Trump — claiming that it was “racist” to comment about the virus’ origin.

A number of public figures also joined the rallying cry, blaming Trump for “renaming” the virus to place blame unfairly on China.

But as some were quick to point out, American media outlets — some of the same who later pivoted to call it “racist” — referred to the coronavirus as “Wuhan coronavirus” before its rapid spread.

Even Chinese state media did the same before engaging in a pivot as well.

Tags : china coronavirus world health organization

The Chinese media called the virus the "Wuhan Virus" initially, as did CNN. A few weeks later, they called Trump racist for saying that it was a Chinese virus.

In short, the WHO did not do their jobs combating this virus. They gave the world faulty information and were behind the curve when they realized that the Chinese government had lied to them. I do not take their suggestions on the Covid-19 virus seriously. I pay attention to the CDC, Johns Hopkins, NYU Langone Medical Center and Mayo. They have been right all along.
    Again, if Trump would shut up and listen to the medical experts, we would be doing better. The Democrats, however, are not doing any better. Initially, Pelosi, Schumer, DiBlassio etal called Trump "racist and xenophobic" for blocking travel to and from China. Then later, they said that Trump didn't go far enough to stop the spread from China.
    Its hard to know what to believe coming from governmental organizations, other than the CDC.
    By fluff I mean you are trying to discredit WHO for political reasons. Them mentioning trumps racist remarks are no reason to discredit them, matter of fact they should be applauded for opposing his racism. Hes so used to being this way in America and getting support for it, but cmon, no way that ****'s gonna fly on the world stage.

Calling the virus "kung flu" is racist, period, theres no if and or but about it. Its flat out racist.

You're mentioning some things they said which they were wrong about, but this is epidemic of novel virus, everyone gonna be wrong about stuff. For anything you can show me WHO wrong about I can show you a US based organization wrong about something too. It's a new virus and it's an epidemic.

America distancing itself from the WHO is strictly political. If they are a world health organization and countries from every corner of the earth are actively involved with them, then they have superior information and knowledge than we do regarding this virus.

I find it hard to believe that the actual american medical community is dismissing the WHO, if they are then we are ****ed even worse than I thought, lol

Last edited by nastynice; 07-19-2020 at 12:26 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I'm discrediting the WHO because of incompetence. Trump's racism or lack thereof has no bearing on my decision. I simply do not trust the WHO to give us clear, accurate information about this disease process. They have made too many mistakes and contradicted themselves too often.
    They may still be a viable source of medical information, but I will have to see it to believe it. This director seems to be too political to be a competent source of information.

Ya the who is full of ****. They've flip flopped and given ridiculous info and estimates throughout this whole Corona thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    It's as simple as wearing a mask at all times in public combined with limiting non essential activity in public settings. I am not advocating shutting things back down other than bars, water parks, gyms etc but what I am advocating is the stupid anti-science rednecks in the Southern states that are blowing up right about now, put on their ****ing masks.
    This is sadly what has become politicized though. The president ushering in an era of everything being fake news combined with American exceptionalism provides excuses for people to discredit everything. Meanwhile, so many other countries continually report lower number of cases because of widespread testing, wearing masks and staying home.

This country is led by an imbecile who thinks the virus will magically go away, doesn't want to fund further testing, thinks that testing is the enemy, won't publicly support wearing masks, etc. This shouldn't even be a thing. Mandating mask wearing should be happening in every state. It shouldn't even be a question but too many Americans have this "I have rights and i'll do whatever i want" type attitude.

That ignorant ******** is costing lives. Couple that with a moron president who didn't handle this well from the start and that's why we continue having this problem while many other countries are not.

Its definitely an older people and younger people fueled problem though. My buddy was in Las Vegas last week and he said it was exactly the cross section of people who weren't wearing masks. Call it anecdotal but its presumably a good representation of why this continues spreading. You have older people who think its a hoax or are too worried about their freedoms and younger people who are apathetic to the virus because it doesn't generally kill those in their 20s.

Its a combination of selfishness, ignorance, stupidity, and partisanship that is getting in the way of what needs to be done to stop the spread.

had back and chest pain a week ago... went to ER because of my blood clot history... after tests they told me it was a pulled muscle and with my age of a whole 35 lol i need to stretch more etc before working out and so on.... made me feel old as ****... the nurse and doctor were both sweet and woman and both between the age of 26-35.... i said i was so worried about coming because i didnt want the corona test up my nose... they said na it depends on the symptoms and i didnt have them... we got to talking and the nurse said the majority of people coming in with the virus are young people between 21-30 and when they come in some of them think its a joke because they feel no symptoms and some of them want to be discharged asap or try to sign themselves out because they have work etc

really think about how stupid this is.