Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 171 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3494

Thread: Coronavirus

I got both the nasal swab and I gave blood. So far I've only received the blood results and I tested positive for antibodies. 5 other people at my job have tested positive so i know I had it.

My bout only lasted a couple days. The worst part was the muscle soreness. It came sudden and hard. I couldn't sit still. It was mostly in my lower half. It felt like my *** wanted to detach from my body. I forced myself to sleep at like 7 PM that night because I couldn't deal with the agony. Never had much of a fever or respiratory issues. I had a very minor cough for a day and that was the extent of it.

I've had much rougher colds and respiratory infections than this. I believe its lost a lot of its potency.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I got both the nasal swab and I gave blood. So far I've only received the blood results and I tested positive for antibodies. 5 other people at my job have tested positive so i know I had it.

My bout only lasted a couple days. The worst part was the muscle soreness. It came sudden and hard. I couldn't sit still. It was mostly in my lower half. It felt like my *** wanted to detach from my body. I forced myself to sleep at like 7 PM that night because I couldn't deal with the agony. Never had much of a fever or respiratory issues. I had a very minor cough for a day and that was the extent of it.

I've had much rougher colds and respiratory infections than this. I believe its lost a lot of its potency.
    I have a couple of questions for you.
    1. what is your blood type?
    2. Do you take vitamin supplements?
    3. How long ago were you sick?

By the way, the reason I ask these questions is because certain blood types appear to have worse cases than others. I am type O+ and had a very mild case. A co-worker of mine is type A- and had a much worse case. My boss is type A and nearly died of this. She was hospitalized for over 2 weeks and refused to be placed on a ventilator.
    People that take certain supplements appear to have better results -- Vitamins D & C appear to help outcomes.
    If people have been well for over a month, donating plasma containing antibodies can help others who are sick. I have donated plasma for over a month and receive updated from my blood center as to how many patients I have helped. Right now, its over 20 and I just donated again on Monday. I will do so again next Wednesday and then again 10 days later. You can donate weekly, as you are just giving fluids which are replaced by normal saline. You get all of your blood cells back. I encourage anyone who had had Covid to be screened to see if they can donate plasma. Something good can come from a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have a couple of questions for you.
    1. what is your blood type?
    2. Do you take vitamin supplements?
    3. How long ago were you sick?
    I am A+
    I take a multi and Vit D
    Right after Father's Day

Oh I also have Psoriatic Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 07-16-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Definitely starting to take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I am A+
    I take a multi and Vit D
    Right after Father's Day

Oh I also have Psoriatic Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder.
    Glad you have a mild case. Type A appears to be affected worse than other types. The medication you take for psoriatic arthritis may have helped you with this.
    You might want to be screened to see if you can donate plasma. You can help others quite a bit.

Me and my "ilk"? Precisely what is my "ilk"? Nurses on the front lines? People that do actual research on how to treat and beat this disease?
    This statement is one that I insist on proof for. When did I say that it was no big deal in March and that it would go away in April? When did I say that it would go away in the summer?
    I believe that it is people like you that keep actual research from being reported because of your hysteria. Yes, this is a dangerous disease, but people like you -- those refusing to listen to people on the front lines (yes, I am on the front lines) and insisting that you know more than medical professionals do -- are keeping actual progress from being made. Where do you get your information from? MSNBC? CNN? Neither are credible news sources, at least not for Covid.
    Many family members of those who died from during the pandemic and had their deaths listed as Covid are very upset with the county medical examiner. There have been many calls complaining to them in my surrounding counties. Family members do care and do think that it is being over-reported. People like you keep this going, for whatever reason.
    The ilk that thinks this is some passing fad, who call it the “flavor of the month”.

And I’m not refusing to listen to the medical experts, if you want to know where I get my information from, I posted numerous articles from actual medical professionals from most of the leading medical institutions in the US.
    Last edited by valade16; 07-16-2020 at 01:00 PM.

The reason I don't respond to you is because you never listen to what I say anyway.
    What precisely is "my ilk"? I have not disputed anything you have said except the overstatement of the death count from Covid -- complete with real-world examples. You have done very little except whine about that. Tell me what "my ilk" is, if you please.
    And, by the way, I apologize for the medical humor. It appears to go over your head. Sometimes you either have to laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.

The reason I don't respond to you is because you never listen to what I say anyway.
    What precisely is "my ilk"? I have not disputed anything you have said except the overstatement of the death count from Covid -- complete with real-world examples. You have done very little except whine about that. Tell me what "my ilk" is, if you please.
    And, by the way, I apologize for the medical humor. It appears to go over your head. Sometimes you either have to laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.
    ... I JUST told you what your ilk is. “The ilk that thinks this is some passing fad, who call it the flavor of the month”.

You can keep saying all I’ve done is whine, but I posted a multitude of articles supporting my view. That is not whining, no matter how often you repeat the line. In fact, you were the one who threw a hissy fit when I asked basic questions about your story. And now it seems the only thing you can do is call me a whiner in a loop.

*cue calling me a whiner in 3, 2, 1...

I have provided actual factual information since the beginning of the pandemic. Thank you for your continued support.
    As I said, it appears that medical humor evades you. I prefer laughter to tears.

In retrospect, I will admit that initially, I was not terribly concerned about this virus. The WHO said that person to person transmission was unlikely and that lockdowns would not be necessary. I took them at their word, until I did some research on my own. I talked to medical providers and got some startling information from them. The news started coming out of Europe and Asia and it was far worse than I thought it would be. My facility went into lockdown in March with the foreboding prediction that if the virus got in, we would likely lose 40% of our residents. It got in and we lost less than 10% of the residents (not all from Covid). I got sick and was out for a couple of weeks. My case was milder than others in the facility and I feel very fortunate.
    I am continuing to do my research and post factual information here.

I have provided actual factual information since the beginning of the pandemic. Thank you for your continued support.
    As I said, it appears that medical humor evades you. I prefer laughter to tears.
    Don’t pretend that your use of that phrase was medical humor.

In retrospect, I will admit that initially, I was not terribly concerned about this virus. The WHO said that person to person transmission was unlikely and that lockdowns would not be necessary. I took them at their word, until I did some research on my own. I talked to medical providers and got some startling information from them. The news started coming out of Europe and Asia and it was far worse than I thought it would be. My facility went into lockdown in March with the foreboding prediction that if the virus got in, we would likely lose 40% of our residents. It got in and we lost less than 10% of the residents (not all from Covid). I got sick and was out for a couple of weeks. My case was milder than others in the facility and I feel very fortunate.
    I am continuing to do my research and post factual information here.
    Do you work in a seniors home?

The WHO said that person to person transmission was unlikely and that lockdowns would not be necessary. I took them at their word, until I did some research on my own.
    The WHO declared this a global health emergency in mid January. If America had took WHO at their word we would have tens of thousands of less dead Americans today.

It just seems odd the way you are dismissing WHO...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do you work in a seniors home?
    yes