Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 163 of 234 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3496

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Just because I do not agree with you and march in lock step with everything you say makes me less intelligent than you are? It must be nice to be the smartest person in the world.
    This said, you do not appear to have solid facts to back your statements.
    As to me smoking PCP (primary care physicians is what it means, by the way) I do not smoke anything. I am far to intelligent to put substances like that into my body.
    Again, Ewing, it appears that your major objection is that I challenge any opinion statements that you make and counter them with 25+ years of experience. That, sir, does not make you more intelligent than I am.
    Usually people who brag about how smart they are online probably aren't that smart irl

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh I think it would big time.

He is an absolute ****in idiot for not wearing one, theres really no way around that. His actions have influence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I agree. I think with different leadership America could have gotten mask buy in pretty easy and it would just be something people do at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Coronavirus

Why not? I have been a nurse for 26 years and follow PCP's orders in every case. I have seen and done nearly everything that can happen. I have also been an EMT for a very long time. Little that could happen to you would shock me or surprise me. Nor would nearly anything that could happen to you be new to me.
    You, sir, just don't like my attitude, not my skills. You are afraid of opposing points of view.
    I donít like your attitude. I find it kind of crazy that a medical professional would take the time to mock people for wearing masks when it isnít necessary. People not wearing them when they should seems much more relevant to public health. While people wearing them when not needed is a non issue most of the time.

Iím not a medical professional but Iím pretty sure passing out or having your lungs collapse are extremely rare occurrences while wearing a mask and are likely related to other conditions

Last edited by ewing; 07-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Lo and behold a local bar in Toronto that hosted a secret ďpartyĒ that went completely against social distancing guidelines officially lost its liquor license. The AGCO isnít ****ing around.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 07-03-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít like your attitude. I find it kind of crazy that a medical professional would take the time to mock people for wearing masks when it isnít necessary. People not wearing them when they should seems much more relevant to public health. While people wearing them when not needed is a non issue most of the time.

Iím not a medical professional but Iím pretty sure passing out or having your lungs collapse are extremely rare occurrences while wearing a mask and are likely related to other conditions

Mocking people for wearing masks? I have said that I feel masks are necessary when you are in close contact with other people. When you are jogging or bicycling, they are not necessary, as you are outside where the virus dissipates quickly. As long as you stay far enough away from others when you are running or biking, you will be fine. A marathon, with the "scrum" at the start is not a good idea, IMO.
    Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in close contact with others, social distancing, etc are what we need to do during this pandemic. Criticizing others simply because you don't agree with them is not helpful.
    As to the collapsed lungs, there have been several documented cases of this happening because people wear N95 masks in cars or when they are exercising strenuously. Please do not call this mocking people for wearing or not wearing masks.

38 members of the MLB tested positive today.

As I understand it, 31 players and 7 staff members tested positive. MLB has a special IL for Covid positive players with no minimum or maximum stay.

19 clubs are affected and one player, DeLino DeShields, was identified as a positive test. His symptoms are described as "mild" and he will rejoin his team as soon as possible.

Mocking people for wearing masks? I have said that I feel masks are necessary when you are in close contact with other people. When you are jogging or bicycling, they are not necessary, as you are outside where the virus dissipates quickly. As long as you stay far enough away from others when you are running or biking, you will be fine. A marathon, with the "scrum" at the start is not a good idea, IMO.
    Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in close contact with others, social distancing, etc are what we need to do during this pandemic. Criticizing others simply because you don't agree with them is not helpful.
    As to the collapsed lungs, there have been several documented cases of this happening because people wear N95 masks in cars or when they are exercising strenuously. Please do not call this mocking people for wearing or not wearing masks.
    My apologies

Recommendations from health authorities:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fit...DgX?li=BBnbfcL
    The WHO says you don't need one, and I disagree with them (again -- they have given everyone bad advice for months)
    This is the first paragraph of the story:
    "In terms of outdoor workouts like running, as long as you don't think you'll be in close proximity to people, then it's OK to go without a face mask. But, on June 16, the World Health Organization (WHO) advised against working out in a mask at all, saying it can affect the way you breathe."

The article continues with an opposing point of view:
    "The concern about masks making it difficult to breathe during workouts is legitimate. Lina Miyakawa, MD, a pulmonologist and assistant professor in the department of medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel, told POPSUGAR exercising with a face covering will most likely make those workouts harder. "There is definitely a period of acclimation, I think, with people wearing masks and exercising, but the human body is pretty adaptable, and so people will have a tough time in the beginning," she said.
    Exercise scientists who spoke with The New York Times this month said that your heart rate will be higher, and some people could experience lightheadedness. Rapid, shallow breathing also keeps you in a high state of alert."

The thought here is that when you work out wearing a mask, it is like starting a work out routine. Start slow and work into it. Let your body adjust to the way you need to breathe wearing a mask. Once you are used to the mask, you should be fine to go all out just like you worked out prior to wearing a mask.
    Will this be the new normal? Its hard to say, but I would watch the advice from the CDC and ignore the WHO, as they have not been correct very often during this pandemic.

My apologies

Thank you.

I agree. I think with different leadership America could have gotten mask buy in pretty easy and it would just be something people do at this point

Should just made it mandatory in February. 350 million people, $10 a mask = $3.5 billion. Coulda saved a shut down. Instead dumb *** trump got us $4.5 trillion deep and probably a few more on the way.

And no grip on the virus. Absolute dumb ***.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html
    Some good information here. Some good news, some bad news. Overall, death rate due to Covid has declined for 10 consecutive weeks, although there are more cases in some areas now.

By the way, according to some credible epidemiologists, groceries are safe to bring into your house right away without wiping them down with bleach or alcohol. Washing your hands with surgical soap is not necessary. Standard hand soap is fine. Masks are recommended for public spaces, but not necessary in remote areas where contact with others is unlikely.
    At work I wash my hands with surgical soap, as I work in a healthcare facility. I moisturize my hands daily to keep them from cracking. If you notice cracking skin, don't stop washing your hands, use cooler water to wash them and use a good moisturizer on your hands at least once a day.
    Everyone stay safe and healthy. Even though the current virus strain appears to be less dangerous than the earlier ones were, it is not something that you want to get. I had a chat with another Covid survivor today and our stories are almost identical, although he works in a factory, rather than a healthcare facility. We were both truly sick for about a week and were off work until we were asymptomatic -- about 2 weeks.

https://news.yahoo.com/changed-coron...110340600.html
    The WHO got the first reports from the internet? They weren't doing their jobs?
    The WHO has lost all the credibility that they once had during this pandemic. Regardless of your feelings toward Trump, he was right in his decision to stop funding these clowns.