Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 151 of 234 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3496

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I've been a nurse since 1994. I have worked at my current position for 10 years.
    So who lied about cause of death and why do you think they lied?

    Why do you not think any of the patients died prior to contracting Covid and why did they die after contracting it?

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Omg valade, I'm SORRY I laughed at you, you taking it more personal than spiffy.

    That's not what I said about China, what I said was that the media is floating a story that China not reporting numbers is why the US got caught off guard. THAT is laughable.

    As far as chinas numbers, of course they had an under count, we expect this in an epidemic. But thinking they were purposely feeding us misinformation is not something based in data. Because the information they gave us did a phenomenal job of predicting when to expect exponential growth to start. There is nothing about their data that suggests it was wrong.

    If you think they are lying because they are china and you dont trust them, ok, that's fine, that's fair. But you cant say the numbers say they are lying without backing that up.

    As far as what catman is saying, it just shows that numbers can be fudged both ways. Especially with financial incentive at stake, that's pretty much reasonably expected. That's all I'm saying. You guys are trying to just shut his entire opinion down because he disagrees on the over count vs under count. But you're just being willfully ignorant, because what he said is actually a good post to show that yes numbers can indeed be inflated in some cases too.

    I think there is an overall undercount, I strongly disagree with catman, but that doesnt mean I'm just blind to any points he makes.
    First Bolded: Iím not taking it personally, Iím just pointing out the extreme difference in tone you have when it comes to questioning American practices vs questioning Chinaís. With the US itís a ďwell that could be happeningĒ calm acknowledgment, with China itís an extremely derisive response of impossibility and laughter.

    You say we have to bring numbers to back up China intentionally lying before youíll entertain it but you take Catman entirely at his word on the possibility of this. If you were consistent youíd be telling him the same you told us ďI need to see some numbers before I entertain that possibilityĒ

    Second Bolded: you seem to be under the delusion his point is they could be fudging numbers. That is incorrect, his point is they absolutely ARE fudging numbers. So you saying itís possible isnít even his point, heís saying itís happening.

    If you strongly disagree with Catman, why the completely different response despite the same amount of data for both beliefs?

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    4 deaths yesterday in Rhode island. Everything is going down with a good place just like they wanted but still have state of emergency and governor can do whatever she wants till July 5th min






    People goona start going nuts

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You guys are still under lockdown/stay at home restrictions?

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,815
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    You guys are still under lockdown/stay at home restrictions?
    Not a complete lockdown but they cut all parking at state parks by 60% easily. It's all worked to the plan they laid out in April and we are stuck with a phase 2 that is just stage one with a little HGH.


    I wish I owned a restaurant because I would be advertising I'm fully open who ever isn't afraid come on in and start a GoFundMe to help pay the fines

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,190

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So who lied about cause of death and why do you think they lied?

    Why do you not think any of the patients died prior to contracting Covid and why did they die after contracting it?
    The figures are used to determine payouts from the government. If a death is listed as Covid, they get more money.
    As I said, Covid did not do them any good, but it was not the primary cause of the deaths in some cases.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well he is quite literally arguing his experience as a nurse makes him more qualified to determine cause of death than the real world experience from the Doctors who said it was Covid.

    So whose real world experience matters more, his or the doctors?

    Iím gonna go with Jack says the one who validated his opinion for $200, Alex.
    Did I say that I know more than Drs do? I said our facility medical director did not list Covid as the primary cause of death in some cases and someone in the coroner's office listed it. All of the patients that were listed as Covid deaths had tested positive for the virus. Our medical director determined, in his experience having first hand knowledge of their cases, that Covid was not the primary cause. The Coroner's office, having no first hand knowledge of the cases, listed them as Covid deaths. Why? I cannot answer that question.

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Omg valade, I'm SORRY I laughed at you, you taking it more personal than spiffy.

    That's not what I said about China, what I said was that the media is floating a story that China not reporting numbers is why the US got caught off guard. THAT is laughable.

    As far as chinas numbers, of course they had an under count, we expect this in an epidemic. But thinking they were purposely feeding us misinformation is not something based in data. Because the information they gave us did a phenomenal job of predicting when to expect exponential growth to start. There is nothing about their data that suggests it was wrong.

    If you think they are lying because they are china and you dont trust them, ok, that's fine, that's fair. But you cant say the numbers say they are lying without backing that up.

    As far as what catman is saying, it just shows that numbers can be fudged both ways. Especially with financial incentive at stake, that's pretty much reasonably expected. That's all I'm saying. You guys are trying to just shut his entire opinion down because he disagrees on the over count vs under count. But you're just being willfully ignorant, because what he said is actually a good post to show that yes numbers can indeed be inflated in some cases too.

    I think there is an overall undercount, I strongly disagree with catman, but that doesnt mean I'm just blind to any points he makes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    As far as financial incentives, yes there is quite an incentive to list a death as "Covid". It is the "flavor of the month" and Medicare pays out more. All deaths have to be investigated, but if someone tests positive, they can be officially listed as a Covid death, regardless of their "co-morbitities". I feel the actual number of deaths with Covid as the primary cause is being overestimated. Certainly, all of the people had Covid, but other things could have caused their deaths. Officially, George Floyd could have been listed as a Covid death, as he had tested positive for Covid.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The figures are used to determine payouts from the government. If a death is listed as Covid, they get more money.
    As I said, Covid did not do them any good, but it was not the primary cause of the deaths in some cases.
    They get the money. Who is they?

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Did I say that I know more than Drs do? I said our facility medical director did not list Covid as the primary cause of death in some cases and someone in the coroner's office listed it. All of the patients that were listed as Covid deaths had tested positive for the virus. Our medical director determined, in his experience having first hand knowledge of their cases, that Covid was not the primary cause. The Coroner's office, having no first hand knowledge of the cases, listed them as Covid deaths. Why? I cannot answer that question.
    Did the doctors on site do an autopsy? Did the coroners office?

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    As far as financial incentives, yes there is quite an incentive to list a death as "Covid". It is the "flavor of the month" and Medicare pays out more. All deaths have to be investigated, but if someone tests positive, they can be officially listed as a Covid death, regardless of their "co-morbitities". I feel the actual number of deaths with Covid as the primary cause is being overestimated. Certainly, all of the people had Covid, but other things could have caused their deaths. Officially, George Floyd could have been listed as a Covid death, as he had tested positive for Covid.
    So your evidence that this is happening is that it could have happened in a case where it didnít?

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Catman, do you believe this financial incentive to list Deaths as Covid deaths exists outside the US?

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,207
    Please stop the nonsense questions. You are past annoying me. You are getting really tiring. You don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about and want to look smart.
    Just stop.

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,190
    Lofl

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Please stop the nonsense questions. You are past annoying me. You are getting really tiring. You don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about and want to look smart.
    Just stop.
    How can I not know what Iím talking about when Iím Not saying anything, Iím asking questions...

    Iím trying to figure out the context for how you are so certain these people couldnít possibly have died of Covid. You suggested the county doctor lied, and you suggested the lying was because they get more funding if itís a Covid death. Well who gets that increased funding?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •