Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3493

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: I think this shows how brainwashed you are to simply believe anything China says. Your plan to verify if China's numbers are lies is to... look at China's numbers?

You aren't even cross referencing them with anything. You're literally just looking at their numbers and going "doesn't look like they lied to me". That's not verifying anything.

Your verification of whether China is telling the truth is to ask them. How laughably stupid.

Second Bolded: Actual statisticians and medical professionals say it's up for debate. I know that you are now a doctor and an expert on statistics, but I'll still trust actual experts more than you.

Also, you keep referencing the numbers that are now DIFFERENT. So basically, you haven't even looked at the numbers because if the numbers change, we'd expect different numbers looking at exponential growth and yet you keep pointing to the numbers that we now know were wrong and saying they show how many we should be at. But they wouldn't show the same place from a different beginning.

Which confirms my suspicions: you don't actually know anything about statistics. You're saying "under an exponential growth of 10, if we start at 10 then it showed us having 100 and that stat is still right even if the starting point is 15, it showing us having 100 is still accurate".
    Ok, I'm a just address this as a whole than piece by piece.

But essentially yes, your last sentence is exactly what I'm saying. Let me explain.

I am saying that their stats were not misleading, and for that reason I do not believe China is purposefully lying about their data. Wether they went from 10 to 100 or 15 to 100 is irrelevant, because it was close enough to give us the pertinent information. It showed us relatively accurately at what point this thing could grow out of control.

The way knowledge of an epidemic works is it grows as time progresses because we learn more. The early information will ALWAYS be revised more accurately as data grows. That's why china going from 3k deaths to 4.5k deaths or whatever isnt anything to make me all of a sudden think they were necessarily purposefully lying about their overall numbers.

Now in the beginning they may very well have been lying while trying to keep it quiet, thinking they could deal with it on their own. This is legit criticism as this allowed the virus to spread, and China should be legit criticized for it.

However, it seems very evident that somewhere in mid to late January, over some deliberation they came to the conclusion that this will indeed become an epidemic and they need to let people know about it. From this point forward their numbers all seem to be in line with what we should expect. This refers to all the stats regarding 3k deaths vs 4.5k deaths.

This is my take. I'm not trying to side with china and say they didnt **** up, because they did. But I am saying their published data from late January onward was all legitimate enough and accurate enough to tell us the most important aspects of this epidemic, and the most vital info we needed to prepare for it. And for this reason, I do not believe China is actively trying to lie about their reported data.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-17-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I love how someone completely disagrees with you, then you come back and say "that's basically exactly what I was saying".

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I love how someone completely disagrees with you, then you come back and say "that's basically exactly what I was saying".
    Phenomenal reading skills..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Again, your words mean nothing to me (and most everyone else as well).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Again, your words mean nothing to me (and most everyone else as well).
    What my words mean to you isnt my concern. I told you it would be smart to implement mandatory facemask and it could help.let us open up the economy sooner, you responded in typical ignorant spiffy manner, and now a dozen governors are considering making facemasks mandatory.

I wonder why? lol

No **** masks can help (a small amount). You were acting like mandatory masks would make everything all good. Once again, it's impossible to have an honest conversation with you, nasty. Keep twisting the conversation to make yourself sound less ridiculous though.

It's all you got. I get it.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-17-2020 at 10:35 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/asia/...hnk/index.html

Here's officials from Wuhan saying the death toll is at least 50% higher than thought in the city. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Here's officials from Wuhan saying the death toll is at least 50% higher than thought in the city. It's a start.
    Yep, I heard reports of cell numbers being deactivated, people can't reach friends because of that, and are just assuming they are dead. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

they honestly dont have a clue... their numbers were a joke and the cover up from the start was clear... with how this virus has acted everywhere else including areas with people that dont smoke/have bad air like china their numbers are probably 200 pct plus and not 50 pct..... there is no chance their fatalities are less then 20k

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they honestly dont have a clue... their numbers were a joke and the cover up from the start was clear... with how this virus has acted everywhere else including areas with people that dont smoke/have bad air like china their numbers are probably 200 pct plus and not 50 pct..... there is no chance their fatalities are less then 20k
    I bet it is closer to a million nationwide. They didn't contain the virus in Wuhan and furthermore many other Chinese cities have gone on lockdown some as recent as this weekend. Pure simple math would tell you a non contained virus in a country 4 times more populous than the US would result in deaths very much higher than several thousands. If you are going to lie go big and lie by 2 orders of magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I bet it is closer to a million nationwide. They didn't contain the virus in Wuhan and furthermore many other Chinese cities have gone on lockdown some as recent as this weekend. Pure simple math would tell you a non contained virus in a country 4 times more populous than the US would result in deaths very much higher than several thousands. If you are going to lie go big and lie by 2 orders of magnitude.
    The rest of china is pretty much on time and pace with the rest of the world. Wuhan, like New York, was it's own beast.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So when china revises their numbers it means it was a cover up.

Here is America revising its numbers, copied and pasted from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Another study that showed 32% of the people they sampled had the anti bodies already in this city which would drop the mortality rate from 2-3% in that city to .14%

https://twitter.com/alexberenson/sta...197773824?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They feel the true infected is 16 times more than confirmed infected. Does this mean we are covering something up? People are bringing up standard procedure being implemented by china and acting like it's some smoking gun, lol

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

They feel the true infected is 16 times more than confirmed infected. Does this mean we are covering something up? People are bringing up standard procedure being implemented by china and acting like it's some smoking gun, lol

Lol that's not America revising it's numbers. That's one American study showing there's likely many more infected than we initially thought. The WHO haven't used that study to readjust America's numbers and create some wild swing upwards. Not to mention that the crux of this conversation is about covering up the total number of DEATHS (not infections). Furthermore, a cover up to make death/infection tallies *smaller* makes much more sense if you're attempting to make your area look more on top of this ****.

Try again....or save everyone the headache and throw up the white flag.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I thought you said you were an expert on this stuff? That isn't the US revising it's numbers, that's a study on the volume of infected persons who haven't been tested.

Also, that is for the number infected, not the number dead. It's not like the US said "since the rate of infected could be 16 times larger than the official count, we are upping the number who have died by 16x".

China revised their number of deaths to add 1,500 they didn't add before.

I feel like an expert would definitely have not compared these things as they are completely different.

Lmfao at the deaths per 100k that they just showed in the press conference for China

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)