Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 111 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3496

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,524
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Plenty of people are yelling "liar" at America. You really haven't heard all the people claiming that we're artificially juicing our death numbers by claiming basically any death occurring over the last month is due to coronavirus? It's quite the Republican talking point, as there is no shortage of those that believe this is all a conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

    So....it's happening but quite differently than the questioning of China's numbers. Call me crazy but one of these accusations seems much more believable than the other.
    Ok, and just as I said in the america thread, this happens in medicine, the medical community comes to a consensus on how to classify diseases and record data and sometimes those definitions change over time. Just like in the america thread I said they will use particular criteria to set this definition based on science, not based on what makes Trump look good or bad, not based on what makes china look good or bad, but on science so as to help us beat track, record, and understand this virus.

    That was my default answer in the america thread because that's the one OBVIOUS explanation that jumps out as me, a former healthcare professional, and it's the same obvious thing that jumps out when making the same accusation against china

    At the end of the day, you dont understand science, and that's the issue. Because you dont understand science, these propganda pieces are having a heavy effect on you.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #1652
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,643
    Oh, you're a "former healthcare professional" now too? Truly a modern day renaissance man.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,524
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, you're a "former healthcare professional" now too? Truly a modern day renaissance man.
    Yup. I've gone to school for this stuff. Why you think I'm able to break everything down for you so easily?

    I've been trained how to process this sort of information on a professional level, meaning science based not politics based. That's gonna be the main difference between us regarding this topic, I'm not under the same sort of brainwashing influence which you are.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,643
    Oh, man. Yeah, you are SO great at breaking this stuff down.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,524
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, man. Yeah, you are SO great at breaking this stuff down.
    Well I can take you to the water, cant make you drink it...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I never said I dont think China would ever cover up deaths, I said there is no reason to think they are doing so regarding covid 19.

    I dont trust america at all, unleashing a virus on a foreign country is 100% in line with how America operates. That doesnt mean if someone says America planted the virus in china I'll just believe it. You still gotta show me why I should believe an accusation like that.

    Same with china. You guys look at them as the other guys, that's why it's so easy for you to swallow propaganda about them. But you would never swallow it this easily about america, with this little substance backing it up.

    You guys are the ones with the changing standards depending on who you're talking about. You allow identities to dictate your logic, I dont. America is having literally the same exact discussion, regarding his to classify covid stats, how come no one is yelling liar to them? China does this standard medical practice and you say liar, now America is doing the same standard medical.practice, so what about our stats then?
    Again, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS A US VS CHINA THING?

    You talk about propaganda, but the ONLY person here who is tying this into a china vs US thing. No one else is. I don't think China covered up their response because it makes the US' response seem better in comparison. The US response was bad and it would be bad whether China's response was good or bad. They are not tied together at all.

    Bolded: the reason it's different is because America is doing it in real time. We are assessing what is considered a coronavirus death and updating our totals daily. China is doing it retroactively. Meaning, they are just adding large numbers of deaths to the total weeks later. If one were lying about how many people died of coronavirus, this would be a great way to come clean and give official death totals now when you weren't before.

    That's the difference.

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yup. I've gone to school for this stuff. Why you think I'm able to break everything down for you so easily?

    I've been trained how to process this sort of information on a professional level, meaning science based not politics based. That's gonna be the main difference between us regarding this topic, I'm not under the same sort of brainwashing influence which you are.
    Like everything else right?

    And yes, you are the most brainwashed here. There is literally not a way to talk about China's response to coronavirus without you immediately comparing it to the United State's response. If your approaching this from a scientific instead of political viewpoint, how come you ALWAYS turn it into the politics of US vs China?

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,524
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Again, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS A US VS CHINA THING?

    You talk about propaganda, but the ONLY person here who is tying this into a china vs US thing. No one else is. I don't think China covered up their response because it makes the US' response seem better in comparison. The US response was bad and it would be bad whether China's response was good or bad. They are not tied together at all.

    Bolded: the reason it's different is because America is doing it in real time. We are assessing what is considered a coronavirus death and updating our totals daily. China is doing it retroactively. Meaning, they are just adding large numbers of deaths to the total weeks later. If one were lying about how many people died of coronavirus, this would be a great way to come clean and give official death totals now when you weren't before.

    That's the difference.
    Well theres 2 seperate things you're mentioning here, regarding me bringing up the US.

    Earlier I brought it up because I already sniffed out why this china propganda is full force, the reason is our boys on top are trying to save face. That is the reason chinas numbers are a hot news story right now. And so I brought this up to tell you guys, dont buy this mainstream media narrative. That is why i brought up a US China discussion earlier.

    In this post you quoted, I bring up the US to say just because a country has a bad track record doesnt mean we just automatically assume everything they say is a lie. And I know you agree with me because I know you dont think everything america says is a lie based on track record. Yet you are asking me to think so about china. No. I wont do it with US, i wont do it with china.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,543
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, you're a "former healthcare professional" now too? Truly a modern day renaissance man.

  10. #1660
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well theres 2 seperate things you're mentioning here, regarding me bringing up the US.

    Earlier I brought it up because I already sniffed out why this china propganda is full force, the reason is our boys on top are trying to save face. That is the reason chinas numbers are a hot news story right now. And so I brought this up to tell you guys, dont buy this mainstream media narrative. That is why i brought up a US China discussion earlier.

    In this post you quoted, I bring up the US to say just because a country has a bad track record doesnt mean we just automatically assume everything they say is a lie. And I know you agree with me because I know you dont think everything america says is a lie based on track record. Yet you are asking me to think so about china. No. I wont do it with US, i wont do it with china.
    First Bolded: Your problem is you assume America as an institution is all in lock step and that American media is all together. The newspapers publishing reports about China's numbers being misleading are the Washington Post and the New York Times. They are DEFINITELY not the current administration's propaganda machine and they are definitely not trying to cover for him. The New York Times would absolutely relish the opportunity to blame Trump for anything, so I don't know why you think they're suddenly trying to help him.

    Second Bolded: This leads you to believe that all of America's governments are united in their voice. That is not true at all. Many states are telling us the truth, the federal government is not. I don't think everything America says is a lie because we are all saying different things. I do however doubt whatever Trump says because he's shown to not be trustworthy on this issue and in general in the past. I definitely verify the accuracy of his statements.

    This same skepticism should be applied to China. So when they say "yeah, apparently our numbers of how many died weeks ago was WAY off" after we have credible intelligence reports that they are lying about their numbers, it's suspicious. But you never even thought about it, you just went "well whatever China said sounds legit."

    Heck, their announcement already made you wrong. You said you didn't think their numbers were wrong. Well even China is saying their numbers were wrong. The only point of contention is whether they were accidentally wrong or intentionally wrong, and you are still arguing the numbers themselves weren't wrong. That's how far removed from reality you've become in your attempts to defend China.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-17-2020 at 04:46 PM.

  11. #1661
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,643
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well I can take you to the water, cant make you drink it...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Unless you're referring to some sort of toxic runoff, you're not taking anyone here to the water.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,643
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [emoji23]
    This **** is unreal.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  13. #1663
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,524
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: Your problem is you assume America as an institution is all in lock step and that American media is all together. The newspapers publishing reports about China's numbers being misleading are the Washington Post and the New York Times. They are DEFINITELY not the current administration's propaganda machine and they are definitely not trying to cover for him. The New York Times would absolutely relish the opportunity to blame Trump for anything, so I don't know why you think they're suddenly trying to help him.

    Second Bolded: This leads you to believe that all of America's governments are united in their voice. That is not true at all. Many states are telling us the truth, the federal government is not. I don't think everything America says is a lie because we are all saying different things. I do however doubt whatever Trump says because he's shown to not be trustworthy on this issue and in general in the past. I definitely verify the accuracy of his statements.

    This same skepticism should be applied to China. So when they say "yeah, apparently our numbers of how many died weeks ago was WAY off" after we have credible intelligence reports that they are lying about their numbers, it's suspicious. But you never even thought about it, you just went "well whatever China said sounds legit."

    Heck, their announcement already made you wrong. You said you didn't think their numbers were wrong. Well even China is saying their numbers were wrong. The only point of contention is whether they were accidentally wrong or intentionally wrong, and you are still arguing the numbers themselves weren't wrong. That's how far removed from reality you've become in your attempts to defend China.
    No, I dont think america is lockstep, I think America as a whole ****ed up so america as a whole would like to boost our credibility while trying to trash other countries credibility. I've mentioned the left right political divide countless times here, how could you possibly believe that I believe that America is in lockstep as a whole? But numerous entities are for this specific story, just read the general media articles regarding this topic, they all trying to explain why america was mislead and unprepared.

    Yes, verify the accuracy of statements. I am completely on board with this. The statement that china lied about their numbers can be verified through their reported numbers, their reported numbers verify that they do not have misleading numbers. Done.

    I do apply skepticism to china, but the numbers PROVE their data was accurate to tell us the vital info we needed to deal with this disease. You believe it's up for debate, but it's simply not. If you know how to read a graph in the context of statistics and epidemiology then you will know that its not up for debate. This is not nastynice saying it's not up for debate, the NUMBERS say it's not up for debate.

    Their announcement means nothing in the context of them lying. Their announcement simply redefined how they gather their data. For example, if we develop a test in 2 years that can detect anyone with corona infection from the past 2 years, we can then collect much more accurate data regarding early infections by testing people. The number of cases would sky rocket. But that doesnt mean our numbers were lies, it just means we have a better way of testing and can now redefine how we count our stats.

    I know china, along with everyone else, has inaccurate stats in the sense that we are doing our best to compile stats but it's obviously out of our hands. But that's different than lying. And their initial data set was still accurate enough for is to predict New York outbreak. We predicted California, things would have been much worse here if we didnt stay at home march 17.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-17-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,643
    I have to watch everything I say around here due to moderator warnings but....my ****ing goodness. I don't think I'm being at all biased or out of line when I say:

    This is so ridiculous. All I can do is laugh and shake my head in disbelief. Please stop pretending like you are an expert on statistics and/or epidemiology. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

    Ho-ly ****.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  15. #1665
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, I dont think america is lockstep, I think America as a whole ****ed up so america as a whole would like to boost our credibility while trying to trash other countries credibility. I've mentioned the left right political divide countless times here, how could you possibly believe that I believe that America is in lockstep as a whole? But numerous entities are for this specific story, just read the general media articles regarding this topic, they all trying to explain why america was mislead and unprepared.

    Yes, verify the accuracy of statements. I am completely on board with this. The statement that china lied about their numbers can be verified through their reported numbers, their reported numbers verify that they do not have misleading numbers. Done.

    I do apply skepticism to china, but the numbers PROVE their data was accurate. You believe it's up for debate, but it's simply not. If you know how to read a graph in the context of statistics and epidemiology then you will know that its not up for debate. This is not nastynice saying it's not up for debate, the NUMBERS say it's not up for debate.

    Their announcement means nothing in the context of them lying. Their announcement simply redefined how they gather their data. For example, if we develop a test in 2 years that can detect anyone with corona infection from the past 2 years, we can then collect much more accurate data regarding early infections by testing people. The number of cases would sky rocket. But that doesnt mean our numbers were lies, it just means we have a better way of testing and can now redefine how we count our stats.

    I know china, along with everyone else, has inaccurate stats in the sense that we are doing our best to compile stats but it's obviously out of our hands. But that's different than lying. And their initial data set was still accurate enough for is to predict New York outbreak. We predicted California, things would have been much worse here if we didnt stay at home march 17.
    First Bolded: I think this shows how brainwashed you are to simply believe anything China says. Your plan to verify if China's numbers are lies is to... look at China's numbers?

    You aren't even cross referencing them with anything. You're literally just looking at their numbers and going "doesn't look like they lied to me". That's not verifying anything.

    Your verification of whether China is telling the truth is to ask them. How laughably stupid.

    Second Bolded: Actual statisticians and medical professionals say it's up for debate. I know that you are now a doctor and an expert on statistics, but I'll still trust actual experts more than you.

    Also, you keep referencing the numbers that are now DIFFERENT. So basically, you haven't even looked at the numbers because if the numbers change, we'd expect different numbers looking at exponential growth and yet you keep pointing to the numbers that we now know were wrong and saying they show how many we should be at. But they wouldn't show the same place from a different beginning.

    Which confirms my suspicions: you don't actually know anything about statistics. You're saying "under an exponential growth of 10, if we start at 10 then it showed us having 100 and that stat is still right even if the starting point is 15, it showing us having 100 is still accurate".
    Last edited by valade16; 04-17-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •