Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 258 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3869

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    China knew that the disease could spread amongst humans privately and for 6 days publicly claimed it could not. 3,000 people were infected during that time and researchers estimate that had China not lied for those 6 days they could have reduced cases by 66% (shows the power of exponential growth).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-kne...113848341.html
    but why would china lie????????????????????????????????

I was gonig to say Nasty has been real quiet. Where'd he go?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Movie theaters will have a hard time reopening with crowds.

Restaurants will also struggle and Sporting events too. I wonder how certain colleges and universities will survive after this tragedy.

Not until they get a vaccine will people feel safe. There are 7 vaccines that they are building infrastructure to ramp up production, once 2-3 get approved they will begin to ramp up production and discard the other 4-5. The sooner they get the vaccines to everyone, the better for the economy. Emotionally and psychologically this generation may never fully recover.
    Yeah I donít see my depression getting better any time soon lol.

I was diagnosed with moderate to severe depression back in 2017 that stemmed from god knows when. Iíve essentially been in a giant funk for the past 5+ years and the way I dealt with my depression is the same way Iím forced to deal with it now, by staying home, not going outside, not socializing, sleeping for the majority of the day, etc.

Sad part is, I was doing really well in school, I had the highest GPA in two of my classes and was attempting to step out of my introverted bubble and socialize a bit more.

I was also working, saving up money for a car and possibly a trip to the west coast. Now, Iíve pretty much blown through my car fund, donít qualify for a stimulus check because my parents claimed me as dependent the last time I filed, and am still waiting for an unemployment check. Iím lucky, I live with my parents so I donít have to pay rent, utilities, etc. I do have to cancel some subscriptions like Hulu and PlayStation because itís just not economically feasible for me to keep paying for them. ****, my parents are covering my phone bill until I get an unemployment check. Iím 24 next month...why would I want that?

My situation sucks, probably more than a lot of people. Still, there are people who have it way worse than me, I canít even imagine what theyíre going through financially. Mentally, weíre all pretty ****ed but Iíd argue that the person who has an acre of land, a big house, and is surrounded by people that they want to be with is doing a lot better than the rest of us who are in ******** living situations.

This whole thing just sucks.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theory people are going to need to be held down and given their vaccines. And it's not a small portion of the country.
    If you want a vaccine, get one. If you dont, dont.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    So Rhode island governor is mandating all workers Wear mask starting Saturday. **** right off I work in a small manufacturing plant with 15 people. I'm not wearing a mask don't care. Same thing with going food shopping. I'm all about kicking the disease and stopping the spread but Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Shop doors are locked so no visitors. Sorry gov you can't come in to check it's against our policy and I'll just cough all over who comes here. Oh and **** it I'm claustrophobic as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Good for Rhode island. If masks are mandatory it will dramatically reduce the numbers. A move like this will allow places to open.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I was gonig to say Nasty has been real quiet. Where'd he go?
    lol, theres nothing to be quiet about.

Bro at the end of the day china gave us more than enough data to prevent an outbreak. If they went ahead and told us all about this 6 days earlier, what difference would it have made for america? If we didnt do anything til march, AFTER the exponential growth numbers were in, what were we going to do different with this information in january?

Theres a lot of people dying every day, so there's a lot of people reaching..

If you read this article this all makes sense. They shut down on the 23rd, they announced on the 20th it transmits between humans, and they thought they may have an epidemic coming.

They didn't KNOW for 6 days, they had warnings, officials were warning the govt. It happens. Look at america. Trump was warned, forget 6 days, he did nothing for months.

Man, you guys are too easy to manipulate. They're taking a nothing and trying to make it something. It's like blaming bush for 911 because he knew about it ahead of time since our intelligence said something like this could happen. Does anyone actually hold that ridiculous of an opinion? If not, you should be able to see through this rather easily

As far as it being a misstep on chinas part, yes. As far as it being some deliberate move to try and damage other countries, cmon man...

Last edited by nastynice; 04-15-2020 at 01:59 PM.

America is too dumb [emoji23][emoji23]

Let me give you an example. We know wearing masks will reduce transmission, and in turn reduce deaths.

It isnt mandatory anywhere (except maybe Rhode island now). Does this mean america is in on a conspiracy? No, that's a natural part of how information gets implemented. Diff experts tell you things and you try to navigate your way with that in mind and try and implement where you can.

China themselves were trying to figure this thing out. Here we are in march and america still isnt implementing protocol we KNOW will save lives, yet we are expecting china to be held to a higher standard back in january when we barely knew anything about this virus?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, theres nothing to be quiet about.

Bro at the end of the day china gave us more than enough data to prevent an outbreak. If they went ahead and told us all about this 6 days earlier, what difference would it have made for america? If we didnt do anything til march, AFTER the exponential growth numbers were in, what were we going to do different with this information in january?

Theres a lot of people dying every day, so there's a lot of people reaching...
    What does how China dropped the ball have anything to do with how the US dropped the ball? Why do you keep framing this as a dichotomy where only one can be at fault for dropping the ball?

If you read this article this all makes sense. They shut down on the 23rd, they announced on the 20th it transmits between humans, and they thought they may have an epidemic coming.

They didn't KNOW for 6 days, they had warnings, officials were warning the govt. It happens. Look at america. Trump was warned, forget 6 days, he did nothing for months.

Man, you guys are too easy to manipulate. They're taking a nothing and trying to make it something. It's like blaming bush for 911 because he knew about it ahead of time since our intelligence said something like this could happen. Does anyone actually hold that ridiculous of an opinion? If not, you should be able to see through this rather easily

As far as it being a misstep on chinas part, yes. As far as it being some deliberate move to try and damage other countries, cmon man...
    You are completely misconstruing what the article is saying. It's not about whether they knew whether this would become a pandemic, it's that they knew for a fact that it could transmit from human to human and for 6 days they lied and said it could not.

They knew on the 14th that it could transmit between humans and for 6 days they said it could not. They told people on the 15th it could not transmit between humans. It told the WHO it could not transmit between humans.

Note: This wasn't the time from when they had warnings it could transmit between humans, it's when they unequivocally knew it could transmit to humans. They were warned it could as early as 6 December. But they knew without a shadow of a doubt it could transmit between humans on 14 January and they lied about it and did not tell people the truth until the 20th.

Last Bolded: Who on earth ever said it was a deliberate move to damage other countries? What are you even arguing?

Why on earth do you have this compulsive need to defend China when they were clearly wrong here?

If you want a vaccine, get one. If you dont, dont.

You can homeschool your kids and work from home then. Very irresponsible to use your paranoia and belief in shotty pseudo science to put others at risk. Anti vaxxers should be in quarantine forever.

In Canada the vast majority want anti vaxxers to lose their universal healthcare coverage if they choose to put others at risk. Iím 100% for that. Why should anti vaxxers be allowed to willingly drive up health care costs and willingly put the rest of the public at risk because they want to resurrect third world diseases?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Let me give you an example. We know wearing masks will reduce transmission, and in turn reduce deaths.

It isnt mandatory anywhere (except maybe Rhode island now). Does this mean america is in on a conspiracy? No, that's a natural part of how information gets implemented. Diff experts tell you things and you try to navigate your way with that in mind and try and implement where you can.

China themselves were trying to figure this thing out. Here we are in march and america still isnt implementing protocol we KNOW will save lives, yet we are expecting china to be held to a higher standard back in january when we barely knew anything about this virus?
    First Bolded: What conspiracy? You're the only one bringing up conspiracies about China trying to damage other countries. I'm simply saying China lied about their numbers and lied about their response in an attempt to not take blame. This is exactly what Trump did initially, he downplayed it and then tried to cover up his response. Not sure why you have a hard time believing China would do exactly what Trump did.

Second Bolded: This wasn't China "trying to figure it out". This was China knowing beyond a doubt that it could transmit between humans and lying to everyone including the WHO and saying it could not.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    but why would china lie????????????????????????????????
    I, for one, don't believe it. I trust China more than I trust my own family.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why on earth do you have this compulsive need to defend China when they were clearly wrong here?
    I'm sure there are a combination of factors going on here but one that should absolutely not be ignored is that he regularly watches propaganda laden CGTN news aka China Global Television Network news. Dude is being brainwashed and has such little recognition of it that he instead accuses everyone else of being brainwashed by American media (which is far from perfect but isn't the known propaganda machine that CGTN is).