Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2164

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i really hate this stupid virus.... pennsylvania the only stupid place to shut down its spirits reopened them with online only do you want to know what happened?

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...atalogId=10051

****ing ****... i have been without whiskey for 3 weeks : ( ... beer sucks
    Why are you still drinking? It's not like you have to sit through any Sixer games?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

i really hate this stupid virus.... pennsylvania the only stupid place to shut down its spirits reopened them with online only do you want to know what happened?

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...atalogId=10051

****ing ****... i have been without whiskey for 3 weeks : ( ... beer sucks
    U.S. sales of alcoholic beverages were up 55 percent in the week ending March 21, according to Nielsen. Spirits sales were up 75 percent in the same period, wine sales were up 66 percent, beer sales up 42 percent.

What’s more, Nielsen said online sales of beer wine and spirits were up 243 percent verses the same week the year before. That figure doesn’t include people ordering from wine clubs, but includes major retailers with delivery services as well as orders through companies such as Vivino and Drizly.

As consumers stocked up at the grocery store, large formats saw considerable growth. The 1.5 liter format that was declining before the COVID-19 crisis, is now growing at the same rate as 750 ml bottles. Three-liter box wines were up 136 percent in the week ending March 21 while 5-liter boxes were up 66 percent.
    https://www.winebusiness.com/news/?g...&dataId=228687

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Dont worry about changing my mind, I'm just wondering what is suspect about their numbers. Looking strictly at the stats, timelines, and growth curves, it looks like exactly what we would expect in comparison to ours.
    Did you ever actually look at the statistics?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bar...oo-51581622840

According to statisticians China’s numbers were near impossible

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Why are you still drinking? It's not like you have to sit through any Sixer games?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Thanks for actually answering.

Unfortunately they article doesnt go into detail, or if it did I couldn't read back over because it asks me to subscribe. But essentially they are saying that the numbers are too perfect, too predictable. It's certainly a point to be made, but this is enough to make you dismiss their numbers? I doubt it. I doubt if the US statistics had a r value that high that this many people would entirely dismiss them based off just that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I’d like to see countries come together to try and reduce reliance of the global economy on Chinese production. We can’t allow our world to be as dependent as it is on a country run by such dishonest, untrustworthy and bad people as China’s government.

We can all look at their numbers now and see they’re clearly made up but at the time there was no comparison. It was a new virus. How would there be any point of reference to call BS? People are dying all over the world because governments didn’t prepare for something of this magnitude because those ****ing *******s over there lied.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I’d like to see countries come together to try and reduce reliance of the global economy on Chinese production. We can’t allow our world to be as dependent as it is on a country run by such dishonest, untrustworthy and bad people as China’s government.

We can all look at their numbers now and see they’re clearly made up but at the time there was no comparison. It was a new virus. How would there be any point of reference to call BS? People are dying all over the world because governments didn’t prepare for something of this magnitude because those ****ing *******s over there lied.
    Bro, they shut Wuhan down, they gave us the formula. We just didnt pay attention.

I dont understand this whole defend america thing going on. We pay these guys salary. You're really not pissed off about this?

Because the reality is, if what valade said is true and they gave false numbers, that's an even worse **** up by america because that means we had a perfect data set in front of us and still couldn't respond. At least with a real data set theres variance and so it makes sense why there would be hesitation on which approach to take. Ours was apparently so perfect that it may be fabricated, and we still couldn't make a move.

Last edited by nastynice; 04-08-2020 at 02:28 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Welding people's doors shut and fudging death numbers is not "the formula".

Bro, they shut Wuhan down, they gave us the formula. We just didnt pay attention.

I dont understand this whole defend america thing going on. We pay these guys salary. You're really not pissed off about this?

Because the reality is, if what valade said is true and they gave false numbers, that's an even worse **** up by america because that means we had a perfect data set in front of us and still couldn't respond. At least with a real data set theres variance and so it makes sense why there would be hesitation on which approach to take. Ours was apparently so perfect that it may be fabricated, and we still couldn't make a move.

in what world does this even remotely make sense

It seems to me that the US acted weeks slower than it should have with the information it had. That upsets me.

But based on what China’s actual numbers probably were then we probably should have acted MONTHS earlier.

So I am upset with the US government for not acting as soon as they should have. I am also upset at China’s lying that pushed back the timeline many more weeks and led to many more deaths. Not just on the US but all over the world.

Every single country in the world was slow to react to the threat this is. Some more so than others. But everyone’s timeline was pushed back by up to months dishonesty. And since this was a new virus that formed in China I can’t fault countries for not knowing the severity when all info on the virus was made off of a Chinese lie. I hold certain countries (US and UK are the two big ones I can think of) for still being slow even on the timeline set back by China lies. I can be mad at both.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

in what world does this even remotely make sense
    The accusation is that China's numbers are too perfect, to the point they may have been falsified.

The point I made is if that's the case, that's an even bigger screw up by our govt to see numbers that perfect yet still not know how to react.

The accusation is that China's numbers are too perfect, to the point they may have been falsified.

The point I made is if that's the case, that's an even bigger screw up by our govt to see numbers that perfect yet still not know how to react.

for the love of god... you do realize AT THE START is what matters and at the start they were given mislead numbers that made this seem like no big deal and had no other data except the numbers given to them to go on... there was no perfect data at the start... the perfect data is using the numbers we have from all other countries therefor after and comparing it with china... you cant just use math at the start with so little data... we were banking on chinas numbers to know if we should react out of the gate better... all other countries did and by believing in chinas lies from the start with their down playing of the severity we and others were ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It seems to me that the US acted weeks slower than it should have with the information it had. That upsets me.

But based on what China’s actual numbers probably were then we probably should have acted MONTHS earlier.

So I am upset with the US government for not acting as soon as they should have. I am also upset at China’s lying that pushed back the timeline many more weeks and led to many more deaths. Not just on the US but all over the world.

Every single country in the world was slow to react to the threat this is. Some more so than others. But everyone’s timeline was pushed back by up to months dishonesty. And since this was a new virus that formed in China I can’t fault countries for not knowing the severity when all info on the virus was made off of a Chinese lie. I hold certain countries (US and UK are the two big ones I can think of) for still being slow even on the timeline set back by China lies. I can be mad at both.
    Ok, 100% fair stance.

To me, my focus is on america, why did we have such an obvious break down in our govt? It's not cuz I'm tryina prop china and bash america, its because I live HERE. The incompetence our govt showed is a concern to me, they proved they do not understand science nor are they capable or enacting even minimal national security measures in response.

We pay their salary. We should all be pretty pissed.

for the love of god... you do realize AT THE START is what matters and at the start they were given mislead numbers that made this seem like no big deal and had no other data except the numbers given to them to go on... there was no perfect data at the start... the perfect data is using the numbers we have from all other countries therefor after and comparing it with china... you cant just use math at the start with so little data... we were banking on chinas numbers to know if we should react out of the gate better... all other countries did and by believing in chinas lies from the start with their down playing of the severity we and others were ****ed.
    I'm pretty sure that from January, when we had our first case, china was already open with their info regarding it initially showing up sometime around late november

We had all the info we needed