Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2159

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The swine flu hit 10 years ago, the population was pretty much what it is now. In terms of adjusting for population, itís a microscopic distance in the rates.
    the biggest difference is old people had antibodies and young people who died most could fight it off and i dont think but could be wrong that it was as spreadable or as new as what we are dealing with... what we are dealing with is just flat out brand new and there is nobody with antibodies like the swine flu had unless i am mistaken.... this is a super transmittable brand new type of disease... its basically a super pneumonia

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Lucky you. I just have my micrometer.
    Don't get me horny for shop talk

Go ahead being up 17-4 or alloy 42

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the biggest difference is old people had antibodies and young people who died most could fight it off and i dont think but could be wrong that it was as spreadable or as new as what we are dealing with... what we are dealing with is just flat out brand new and there is nobody with antibodies like the swine flu had unless i am mistaken.... this is a super transmittable brand new type of disease... its basically a super pneumonia
    From what Iím reading this is both more communicable and more deadly than swine flu.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From what Iím reading this is both more communicable and more deadly than swine flu.
    The amount of time you carry it before showing symptoms and some people who never show symptoms is whatís deadly about this one. Makes the spread to high risk groups a lot quicker.

Over 1k deaths today already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Over 1k deaths today already...

America seems to be the hardest hit country.

Hit harder than third world countries.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

not as hard hit as china with the real numbers.... but yes that happens when our people visit so many infected places and come back home. If only china gave us a warning the second someone was infected this wouldnt be happening

Freedom comes with consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    not as hard hit as china with the real numbers.... but yes that happens when our people visit so many infected places and come back home. If only china gave us a warning the second someone was infected this wouldnt be happening
    I'm just mostly surprised that if we got hit this hard how come third world countries ain't reeling even harder.

When this thing first started in China, I already knew it would spread, that's how disease works, but I was thinking that in US we wouldnt have to really worry too much.

Obviously this was before cases popped up and we had literally ZERO RESPONSE for a good 6 to 7 weeks. But even then, even when we had our first case of community transmission and didnt respond I still just thought, ok, maybe we'll have to deal with the same thing as third world countries.

But damn, we are getting hammered in comparison right now. I dont know what it is exactly.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Freedom comes with consequences.

Yea, that's def part of it, at least when I was comparing wuhans response to new York's.

But theres plenty of democratic third world countries around the world, all seem to have relatively better numbers than US and Europe.

It's just unexpected

Almost conspiracy-like unexpected...

Maybe by total death/infection numbers but you need to look at per capita numbers to have it be an even measuring stick. Don't get me wrong, the U.S. is getting hit hard but definitely not the hardest. Spain, France, Ireland, United Kingdom, Sweden, Iran, Switzerland, Monaco, and the Netherlands all have higher death rates (some of them way, way higher).

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...hs-per-million

These clowns on social media spreading conspiracy theories about the virus just make me shake my head in disappointment. Some people are way too easily suckered in by nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    These clowns on social media spreading conspiracy theories about the virus just make me shake my head in disappointment. Some people are way too easily suckered in by nonsense.
    They're even burning town cell towers in the UK lol

https://fortune.com/2020/04/06/5g-co...m-tower-fires/

Telecom masts that enable the next generation of wireless communication were set on fire in the U.K. in recent days, apparently by people motivated by a theory that the tech helps spread the coronavirus. Investors are taking note.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Yea, that's def part of it, at least when I was comparing wuhans response to new York's.

But theres plenty of democratic third world countries around the world, all seem to have relatively better numbers than US and Europe.

It's just unexpected

Almost conspiracy-like unexpected...

Third world country citizens don't travel around as often as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Most of it is the governments fault. They didn't do **** even though they knew damn well what was going to happen. Too worried about the economy to actually care

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk