Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2164

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I wonder how many elderly/mentally handicapped people were essentially left to die because of the mass panic...how many people are going/have committed suicide because of isolation, how many children are going to be abused even more due to their parent being home more, how many spouses or significant others are going to be abused, how many undocumented kids are left locked in cages, or how many people are going hungry/struggling to pay their rent because theyíve been laid off of work. Hell, big F for the people that moved in with the significant other during the pandemic and are realizing that they shouldnít have done that lol.

Honestly, all of those things worry me more than the virus itself. Iím not saying open up the country and let everything go back to normal but ****, once this whole thing is over, suicide rates, domestic violence, and mental illness rates are definitely going to skyrocket.
    These are very real factors but hard to measure. But I donít think weíre at a point yet where we really seriously ponder this. Just from the models that say social distancing is the difference between 2.2M and 100-220K dying thereís really no discussion to be had. You have to go with the path that saves 2 million lives.

But yeah, there is a point where the loss of life is outweighed by the other side effects. The economic damage, the depression, the domestic violence, the suicide, on and on. That all is difficult to quantify but yeah, eventually weíll be at a point where itís perceived to be hire than the potential loss of life.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Lucky you. I just have my micrometer.
    I use a multimeter. Stick the positive lead in my dick tip, negative gently tickles my nutsack.

200,000 volts fully erect.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    anything less than 8 and i am disappoint
    Size queen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Divorce rates in China went way up as soon as they were let out.

But I donít agree with you about the after this is over part. I think those things you mentioned are already happening. Unless you mean that they wonít get reported until after.
    Child abuse reports are also down. A couple friends of mine who are police say a lot of reports of child abuse come from the school system, and with all of them shut down, it traps the kids with their abusers.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I know better than thinking that trying to reason with you would get me anywhere, but is this ignore thing a suggestion or a demand?
    I've given a warning that was ignored. Maybe I won't give infractions out because I don't want to ban anyone while they are trapped inside, but I will start banning people from this specific forum for a day or so to cool down.

Everyone is stressed out over this. Lets keep the name calling and insults out of it. If you can't keep yourself from replying to that person's posts, then you should probably go ahead and ignore them. If you can keep yourself from the insults, then you don't have to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Child abuse reports are also down. A couple friends of mine who are police say a lot of reports of child abuse come from the school system, and with all of them shut down, it traps the kids with their abusers.
    This is 100% true.

Social workers arenít able to make visits, you can do wellness checks via webcam or phone but that doesnít tell you the whole story. On top of that, nobody wants to risk infection by going into a strangers home.

Thereís going to be a lot of cases of Ďneglectí that are going to be swept right under the rug. I get that there are programs to deliver meals to the less fortunate however, not everybody is going to be on those plans.

****, I imagine these people living paycheck to paycheck are even struggling to feed their families and themselves.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

This is 100% true.

Social workers arenít able to make visits, you can do wellness checks via webcam or phone but that doesnít tell you the whole story. On top of that, nobody wants to risk infection by going into a strangers home.

Thereís going to be a lot of cases of Ďneglectí that are going to be swept right under the rug. I get that there are programs to deliver meals to the less fortunate however, not everybody is going to be on those plans.

****, I imagine these people living paycheck to paycheck are even struggling to feed their families and themselves.

Some of the local schools are open for the lunch program here in Maryland. The high school I pass on my way to work has a 12-12:30 window for serving, and the parking lot was filled and spilling into the intersection last Monday at 11:30 when I was heading in, as well as people walking in. I couldn't imagine how crazy that might be in a big city, and it's probably a nexus for spreading this disease.

I've given a warning that was ignored. Maybe I won't give infractions out because I don't want to ban anyone while they are trapped inside, but I will start banning people from this specific forum for a day or so to cool down.

Everyone is stressed out over this. Lets keep the name calling and insults out of it. If you can't keep yourself from replying to that person's posts, then you should probably go ahead and ignore them. If you can keep yourself from the insults, then you don't have to ignore them.
    Oh, brother. I didn't ignore your warning in any sort of way. Disagreeing with someone and/or stating that their post was ignorant is not the same as insulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    These are very real factors but hard to measure. But I donít think weíre at a point yet where we really seriously ponder this. Just from the models that say social distancing is the difference between 2.2M and 100-220K dying thereís really no discussion to be had. You have to go with the path that saves 2 million lives.

But yeah, there is a point where the loss of life is outweighed by the other side effects. The economic damage, the depression, the domestic violence, the suicide, on and on. That all is difficult to quantify but yeah, eventually weíll be at a point where itís perceived to be hire than the potential loss of life.
    For sure, itís impossible to measure. Fact of the matter is, weíre essentially measuring this virus as a country and itís literally impossible to count all 370 or so million of us. We can get a general idea by looking at databases but especially at a time like this, death is going to be looked at with scrutiny.

My concern is that we reach that point where 360 million Americans livelihood become more important than the 2 million that are at risk. Again, Iím in no way insinuating that we should open up this country, Iím just fearful that we canít sustain economic stagnation for such a long period of time.

Just from a personal point of view, this has all been very stressful and itís giving me a lot of inner stress and turmoil. On one emotional hand, Iím sick of having to put my life on pause for the sake of others and donít want any more of my young adulthood going to waste for the sake of a generation that wonít even give essential workers a livable wage but on a more logical hand, I realize how selfish and asinine that is and that weíre all in this together. Thereís no winning and personally, I donít know how much longer I can deal with this ****.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I've given a warning that was ignored. .
    I didnt ignore you.

I'm brown. Authority figure says something, we shut the **** up and do it, lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Some of the local schools are open for the lunch program here in Maryland. The high school I pass on my way to work has a 12-12:30 window for serving, and the parking lot was filled and spilling into the intersection last Monday at 11:30 when I was heading in, as well as people walking in. I couldn't imagine how crazy that might be in a big city, and it's probably a nexus for spreading this disease.
    School are required to continue providing free lunch to qualifying students. By me the schools are using multiple locations and food is delivered to the car. I heard at first it was a little disorderly but now itís supposed to be well run with rules that maintain distancing etc

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Dr. Drew Sends the Copyright Cops to Cover Up His Dangerous Downplaying of Coronavirus Threat

https://gizmodo.com/dr-drew-sends-th...nge-1842705987

Divorce rates in China went way up as soon as they were let out.

But I donít agree with you about the after this is over part. I think those things you mentioned are already happening. Unless you mean that they wonít get reported until after.
    Here we going to have a baby boom and a lot of hurt women.

Personally, I donít like comparing which pandemic was more deadly as there are so many factors such as population, the measures being taken, infection rate, etc.

Like, kind of repeating myself here but what was the population when the swine flu hit? What precautions were being taken? Was there a vaccine? How dense were the cities relative to today? All of that kind of stuff.

In New York at least, Iím starting to see a slowing due to the lockdown thatís been in place for what seems like forever at this point. Today was apparently the first day that there was a decline in new cases - and just as importantly, people were still being tested at the same rate. Still, who knows how many people are actually infected? People are told to stay home unless they have severe symptoms, farther muddying the statistics. Until a vaccine is created and able to be distributed across the world, the numbers are going to be continuously fuddled.
    The swine flu hit 10 years ago, the population was pretty much what it is now. In terms of adjusting for population, itís a microscopic distance in the rates.