Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 79 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2151

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I am fully aware of some of these drive thru testing centers that currently in use and have no interest in visiting one. Go ahead and hang out at the grocery store and testing center as much as you'd like though, nasty. No one here is going to stop you.
    Yes, that's exactly how a testing center works, people just hanging out, playing some beer pong

    If we had accurate stats of infections we could legitimately get out in front of and predict this disease, meaning send equipment where it will most likely be necessary ahead of time. Everything we are doing now we are doing with a lag time, all of.our numbers are lagging from reality because our numbers are based on people getting sick and then showing up to get tested.

    If we had an accurate snapshot of whose actually infected in real time, our response efficiency would increase 50 fold. The same way I social distance not because I care about catching the disease personally, but because as a group if we all act like this it will benefit the overall community. Same with this testing, it's not about you finding out if you're infected, it's about if everyone does so it gives us such valuable information on how to approach this issue.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-06-2020 at 02:03 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,627
    I'm not the one that is claiming that "it's not THAT contagious that you cant be near each other".

    Have fun playing scientist though, nasty. We all know that you are the ultimate source of knowledge in whatever topic you decide to speak on. So foolish for any of us to ever question anything you say.

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm not the one that is claiming that "it's not THAT contagious that you cant be near each other".

    Have fun playing scientist though, nasty. We all know that you are the ultimate source of knowledge in whatever topic you decide to speak on. So foolish for any of us to ever question anything you say.
    Yes, it's not THAT contagious that you cant be near each other to get tested. It's not THAT contagious that if you dont have it and go to a test center you can expect to leave with it.

    Forget playing scientist, lets play 2nd grade English. It's called context. My reply was to a very specific comment. Can you play 2nd grade English and tell me what that comment was?



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,627
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, it's not THAT contagious that you cant be near each other to get tested. It's not THAT contagious that if you dont have it and go to a test center you can expect to leave with it.

    Forget playing scientist, lets play 2nd grade English. It's called context. My reply was to a very specific comment. Can you play 2nd grade English and tell me what that comment was?



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I've been following along just fine, thanks. Spare me the word salad.

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,475
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Agreed. Someone earlier mentioned that testing people would increase the spread because uninfected individuals would then leave the testing area infected. I shot this idea down, citing proximity in grocery shopping not having that effect.

    This is not false information, this is reality. If america opened up testing centers tomorrow, would we want to react in line with your buzz queen logic and stay away from them? Or would we want to understand the reality I presented and go ahead and get tested?

    And this dont apply to just you buzz queen, a couple people replied to my post, but if america enacted mass testing for the general public tomorrow, no one here gonna put their money where their mouth is except me. No ones gonna sit here and tell people stay away from the test sites because even if you dont have it you'll leave there with it. No one. I'm the only one who would translate my stance in this thread into real life. I would encourage people to go get tested. Dont worry about catching it at the test center, we all move safely at the grocery store together, we can do the same at the testing center.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    And this is why people are calling you out, because that is inaccurate. How do you think this is spreading in the first place when everything else is pretty much shut down? Two Walmart employees died from it at the same store in my area.

    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...virus/2250226/

    I suppose its coincidental that a place that is actually open to the public two employees that would have been exposed to it died from it. You were called out because you are saying its not that contagious, yet they are continuously telling us to stay at least six feet apart and keep your social distancing. It wouldn't be spreading as fast as it is if it wasn't "that contagious".

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1
    Covid 19 will become a seasonal disease. Most people will get this type of virus.
    The only question is the duration of the acquisition of immunity by the majority so that the economy begins to recover.
    The better the health care system, the milder the quarantine conditions.

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,945
    We need to invest in services that deliver groceries and medicine to the elderly IMO. Quite frankly itís not safe for them to be out and about in the world right now. Same goes for any young people that still live with elderly. So if youíre a 30 year old living with mom or dad then you gotta be locked up to or find somewhere else to go. Realistically itís not a great idea for ANYONE to be outside but to sustain a life worth living for people when this is over we can help by putting our least vulnerable out there.

    Problem is that young people would still be too foolish to truly ELIMINATE contact from the elderly and the elderly would be too damn stubborn to accept a lock down specifically targeted at them, even if for their own good.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,945
    Quote Originally Posted by nalidoxe View Post
    Covid 19 will become a seasonal disease. Most people will get this type of virus.
    The only question is the duration of the acquisition of immunity by the majority so that the economy begins to recover.
    The better the health care system, the milder the quarantine conditions.
    Serious question - how do you achieve immunity within quarantine?


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,860
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We need to invest in services that deliver groceries and medicine to the elderly IMO. Quite frankly itís not safe for them to be out and about in the world right now. Same goes for any young people that still live with elderly. So if youíre a 30 year old living with mom or dad then you gotta be locked up to or find somewhere else to go. Realistically itís not a great idea for ANYONE to be outside but to sustain a life worth living for people when this is over we can help by putting our least vulnerable out there.

    Problem is that young people would still be too foolish to truly ELIMINATE contact from the elderly and the elderly would be too damn stubborn to accept a lock down specifically targeted at them, even if for their own good.
    Harris Teeter is open Mon and Thurs from 6-8am for people 60+ only. While they are 2 small, early windows, at least it's something.
    Also on Thurs from 9am-2pm is drive up pickup for people 60+ only.
    All curbside grocery pickup is currently free, and grocery delivery is only $5 for the time being.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,860
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Serious question - how do you achieve immunity within quarantine?
    Get a vaccine ready by next season I would guess.

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    And this is why people are calling you out, because that is inaccurate. How do you think this is spreading in the first place when everything else is pretty much shut down? Two Walmart employees died from it at the same store in my area.

    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...virus/2250226/

    I suppose its coincidental that a place that is actually open to the public two employees that would have been exposed to it died from it. You were called out because you are saying its not that contagious, yet they are continuously telling us to stay at least six feet apart and keep your social distancing. It wouldn't be spreading as fast as it is if it wasn't "that contagious".
    Again, I replied to a comment which stated if you go to a testing center without it, you will most likely catch it there. My reply was that it is not THAT contagious.

    It shouldnt be that difficult to follow

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,574
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Serious question - how do you achieve immunity within quarantine?
    You canít create immunity, but you can stop the spread until you get a vaccine or the virus just kind of dies as the carries either die or beat it.

  13. #1183
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,574
    Over 10,300 deaths in the US.

  14. #1184
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,868
    how is this seasonal exactly?

  15. #1185
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,574
    Is not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •