Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 144 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    WAit how did Obama screwed the economy? Please elaborate.

Did Trump come in and waived a magic wand and boom the economy was great?
    Obama had one of the weakest recoveries since the great depression unless i ma mistaken.... When the recession hit obama the only reason he kept things afloat was that he got more help from the federal reserve to boost the economy then ever before... we recovered because of the fed policies or obama would have driven us into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Closest thing to a pandemic - Reagan with HIV

Russian infiltration of elections? Well, Trump directly benefitted from that.

China? Canít say much. Still, the US turned a blind eye to a lot of the atrocities they were committing. Not sure if thatís a presidential or government problem.

Impeachment witch hunt...uhhh, Bill Clinton? Lol

As far as economic disaster and international war goes, every president inherits some ******** from their predecessor. Obama inherited Afghanistan and Iraq - and did poorly with them. Trump pulling troops out resulted in deaths of Kurds and the Taliban taking over regions in the Middle East and south east Asia. We donít negotiate with terrorists my ***. I remember watching a presser with Trump and he was talking about how he created 500 jobs in some Michigan factory and I was laughing my *** off...500 jobs? Thatís something to brag about in a country or 350 million?

Trump had the economy artificially propped up by hedge fund billionaires and big time investors. Now that this whole virus **** has hit, those same investors are bailing out the country is showing its true colors. The economy is in a worse state than it was with Obama...#ThankObama

Trumpís dealt with a lot of **** but itís not like he could go completely blameless with a lot of these issues. Trumpís approval rating has never been higher but that always happens to presidents when faced with national disaster. Youíre just one of those people that are falling into that trap of approval rating because you think the president doing their job aiding Americans in a time of need should be applauded. Give it a few months and Iím sure youíll end up changing your tone.

Trump is the Hoover of this generation...Biden ainít no FDR though.
    you just named different presidents dealing with different things... i said which president has dealt with all of the above and HIV is bad no doubt but its not air borne... you dont have to stay 6 feet away from someone to not catch hiv.

the economy was in its best state until and wait for it... a world wide pandemic lololol... obama needed the federal reserve to constantly bail him out from the recession.

As far as give it a few months... i hold the position of the president as meaningful as a lifeguard at the swimming Olympics or a bathroom attendant. I dont care who is in the seat because its irrelevent... they are there for show and nothing more and they have nowhere near the power or ability to make actual change that people think they do... Our system in this country is a joke... We switch presidents every 4-8 years and the next guy comes in and spends his first term burning everything down that the guy before him did and the next term moving the needle in either direction a slight degree at best.... yet people waste their time arguing for these guys.

Politics/congress/government/people with insane money-----------------------> the president of the united states when it comes to importance of our country

You have leaders in russia screwing with our voting... iran killing our people with missiles...china making a deadly disease that is wiping out our economy and all we do is sit back and play world police and bend over for everyone else that actually has heads of their countries that are allowed to do something they just dont have our resources or power outside of russia of course.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-26-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Take this politics crap to the proper forum please.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Obama had one of the weakest recoveries since the great depression unless i ma mistaken.... When the recession hit obama the only reason he kept things afloat was that he got more help from the federal reserve to boost the economy then ever before... we recovered because of the fed policies or obama would have driven us into the ground
    Youíre wrong.

Youíre wrong.
    https://money.com/who-really-dug-us-...eat-recession/

go ahead... tell me how... Obama entered with a safety net and got blanketed by the federal reserve later on for protection.

USA has now passed Italy in confirmed cases and the world is over 500k.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    32 prominent economists from both parties sign letter arguing that saving lives from coronavirus will also save the economy:

https://economicstrategygroup.org/re...ement-covid19/
    I think this is common sense at this point. But I also think there is a crossing point.

Medically the best thing would be to completely shut the world down until we have a virus. But I think doing that would be a case of the cure being worse than the problem, to borrow a buzzword phrase.

That letter only says ďright nowĒ. I feel at some point down the line though those objectives they describe will overlap and a difficult decision will need to be made. But itís certainly not right now.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

A president that stopped letting china take advantage of us economically
    Trumps been getting smoked in the china negotiations

I'll give him effort points tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://money.com/who-really-dug-us-...eat-recession/

go ahead... tell me how... Obama entered with a safety net and got blanketed by the federal reserve later on for protection.
    Their is other articles that state different.

Again by the time he left the Dow Jones was at 19,500 and the unemployment rate at 4.6%.

But you want to give Trump all the cross for what happened next as he waived a magic wand and things were not headed in the up direction when he took over.

Again youíre wrong, but then again you called the Russia investigation a hoax and that right there says it all.

Their is other articles that state different.

Again by the time he left the Dow Jones was at 19,500 and the unemployment rate at 4.6%.

But you want to give Trump all the cross for what happened next as he waived a magic wand and things were not headed in the up direction when he took over.

Again youíre wrong, but then again you called the Russia investigation a hoax and that right there says it all.
    when did i call anything a hoax? Also i can find just as many articles that back up i am right

i can acknowledge trumps faults the problem is much like Z you are so bias against trump he could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would still spin it as a bad thing.

death total just jumped big time... over 100 deaths today and we are only at 1 oclock. 1.1 death rate i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Take this politics crap to the proper forum please.
    I like your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    USA has now passed Italy in confirmed cases and the world is over 500k.
    Current #'s:

Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-26-2020 at 02:03 PM.

when did i call anything a hoax? Also i can find just as many articles that back up i am right

i can acknowledge trumps faults the problem is much like Z you are so bias against trump he could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would still spin it as a bad thing.
    And youíre so biased that Trump can do ****** things and you would spin it as him doing a good job. Even if youíre not a Trumper, youíre as much of an Anti-Anti-Trumper as a few other posters around here. As in, you donít necessarily support the guy but you try to toe the centrist line with comments and arguments.

Seriously, the dude took 6 weeks telling everyone how this virus was a Democrat hoax, the **** spun out of control and affected his republican colleagues/his money and now he cares. He didnít handle this virus well, at all.

And before anybody tries to bring up Obama, Iím on record for criticizing him too. Obama, Bush, Biden, Clinton, Trump, you name it. Everybodyís allowed to get criticized, doesnít mean itís biased.

I hate the argument of ďif X did Y then you would be happy!Ē

Well, let Trump do something that benefits me for once, until then, letís not even pretend that heís trying to cure cancer.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opini...ngs/index.html

so much for that... 49 percent like how he has handled this.

The Gallup poll this week recorded its highest ever job approval for the President (49% approve, versus 45% who don't). Likewise, Trump is generally getting decent marks on his handling of the pandemic, with Gallup showing 60% approval on the subject.