Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

loss of taste/smell and stomach issues are now early symptoms of the virus.... that is insane

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I am confused. Everybody is getting 1250 dollars unless you make above 75k individually or 150k filed jointly where it phases out. This means old people too.
    not the early reports when it was shut down by dems.... you had to file a tax return in 2018 and pay taxes to be eligible for this... unless i am mistaken ssi doesn't take taxes and there is no tax return to fill out which would make ssi people ineligible.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2020...l-securit.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    not the early reports when it was shut down by dems.... you had to file a tax return in 2018 and pay taxes to be eligible for this... unless i am mistaken ssi doesn't take taxes and there is no tax return to fill out which would make ssi people ineligible.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2020...l-securit.aspx
    Ironically only the wealthiest of seniors on SSI those that have a max benefit of about 34 or 35k per year would get a check. I didn't think that through from a tax paying perspective. Thanks for the note.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The market surged to the moment that word broke that republicans and dems had reached a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package. Everyone likes free money including investors
    The relief package was released overnight. I was talking about yesterday.

We did have McConnel saying they were on the “2 yard line” so I’m sure that was a part of it. But we’ve been hearing that the deal was close for a week now. Yesterday was t exactly anything new on that front. But on Monday night Trump went on his rants about opening things back up and that seemed to be the driving factors in yesterday’s specific spike.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The relief package was released overnight. I was talking about yesterday.

We did have McConnel saying they were on the “2 yard line” so I’m sure that was a part of it. But we’ve been hearing that the deal was close for a week now. Yesterday was t exactly anything new on that front. But on Monday night Trump went on his rants about opening things back up and that seemed to be the driving factors in yesterday’s specific spike.
    NO! The futures market the night before last night turned 2000 points positive on the bloomberg note that they had tentatively reached an agreement. Trump's first comments came the day before when the markets were still down. Conversely last week when the deal fell through the markets dropped 1500 points on a dime. Trump's idiotic messages as stupid as they are have had very little effect.

Unity to save the community

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    loss of taste/smell and stomach issues are now early symptoms of the virus.... that is insane
    I read about the smell thing somewhere yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Just out ****ing luck that this happens with him in charge
    As opposed to who? Are you old enough to remember 2009? The do-nothing/know nothing president sat on his hands for months while 285K people got sick and died including 12K in the US. Who would you put in charge? Joe Biden the early dementia candidate? Hillary, the genius who screwed Haiti out of $500M? in 2010 - Bernie ?? Who c'mon?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    As opposed to who? Are you old enough to remember 2009? The do-nothing/know nothing president sat on his hands for months while 285K people got sick and died including 12K in the US. Who would you put in charge? Joe Biden the early dementia candidate? Hillary, the genius who screwed Haiti out of $500M? in 2010 - Bernie ?? Who c'mon?
    I'm pretty sure we would have been better off with almost anyone. Hes flat out asleep at the wheel. Local governments have taken more action than he has, that's the only reason there is some sort of response to this in america.

How has trump even responded even? Theres no one driving the bus, the seat is empty. How could anyone possibly do worse than that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Thank you. I'm no huge Trump fan (though I do find him hilarious at times) but blaming him for what's long in is moronic.

Yeah, I'm no Trump fan but I don't see this situation being much better or worse regardless of who the sitting president was. People just love having a scapegoat to direct their rage at.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I'm no Trump fan but I don't see this situation being much better or worse regardless of who the sitting president was. People just love having a scapegoat to direct their rage at.
    There’s an argument to be made that we wouldn’t have gotten to this point with another sitting president.

There wouldn’t have been any way to prevent this but there definitely should’ve been a response prior to a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I could see obama having started becoming active about it as soon as it popped up in washington. Maybe not entire partial lockdown like now, but some sort of action. That could have very realistically prevented this outbreak in NY

As far as stopping it from coming here, sure, that was out of any US presidents hand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

with how obama handled 09 and bush handled 01... id say they would have destroyed us right now tbh... this is far worse then those situations and i am not trying to undervalue the lives lost on 9/11 but a president has never dealt with anything on this scale... yes there was the spanish flu etc but there is a big difference from a few million at the time to 300 million plus now... people will blame trump for everything but he has done a far better job then his 2 former presidents in huge situations that werent on the global scale that this is and trump like others were handicapped to start by china.

Page 47 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast