Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I can definitely see this. But my concern is what happens when that month is up and itís not over? If weíre worried about them going nuts now at the idea this isnít a month long solution, how will they react to that fact once theyíve already been living like this for a month? I canít imagine their state of mind will be better than it is now.
    I'd imagine you can get by for several months lying about it until everyone catches on.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd imagine you can get by for several months lying about it until everyone catches on.
    Thatís true. But I think that gives off the impression that itís not as serious as it is and they wonít take the social distancing seriously. I just think that the moving goalposts will catch up to us eventually.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Just out ****ing luck that this happens with him in charge

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Today is day 6 for me. Last day I worked was Wednesday of last week. I already miss work just for the simple fact it got me out of the house to do something lol.
    Only place I've gone since was Lowes late last week to pick up stones and other stuff so I can extend our patio during my time off, and to my moms who lives a mile down the road.
    Can't start at home projects until the weekend bc the wife is still working and we have 2 kids.
    This is going to be such a long and awful quarantine.

So your wife is horrible company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    So your wife is horrible company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. I just don't like having to be stuck at home all day every day. Even on the weekends I get cabin fever sometimes. Almost always volunteer to take our 2 year old and go run any errands that need to be done.
    I like work, it gets me out of the house some. Also like what I do.

It seems to me that there are two outcomes:

1) Elderly/sick people all die and even unrelated medical cases die because of hospital overruns.

2) We flatten the curve to protect the vulnerable but they return to a completely torn down and shattered economy that no longer offers any real quality of life to people.

Either way weíre ****ed.
    No. We can respond in a well thought out manner. We can still stay on alert and still regulate crowd sizes and travel to some degree. We can systematically start reopening particular things, like restaurants, and slowly start re awakening the economy in a well thought out manner

The real issue is that our 2 party system is a broken system. Our government has had no response to this issue, local governments have been picking up the pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

i find it kind of disturbing that they stimulus package is going to only go to tax payers and not social security disability or retired people.... that is incredibly short sighted and sad esp considering that trump is gonna open the country back up soon and allow people between 20-40 to go back to work and make more money while the elderly have stay stay out of work and out of pay.... the logic is just *** backwards.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-24-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Old people have served their purpose for the cold *** dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i find it kind of disturbing that they stimulus package is going to only go to tax payers and not social security disability or retired people.... that is incredibly short sighted and sad esp considering that trump is gonna open the country back up soon and allow people between 20-40 to go back to work and make more money while the elderly have stay stay out of work and out of pay.... the logic is just *** backwards.
    Youíre arguing that itís targeting the elderly by not letting them work. You could just as easily argue that itís targeting the youth by subjecting them to the virus that way the economy starts back up and the elderly/retired population doesnít suffer from their 401k and retirement plans bottoming out.

Youíre arguing that itís targeting the elderly by not letting them work. You could just as easily argue that itís targeting the youth by subjecting them to the virus that way the economy starts back up and the elderly/retired population doesnít suffer from their 401k and retirement plans bottoming out.
    nope... i am arguing they cant work for their own safety and or disabilities and get 0 money when the age area of 20-40 can work and will get free money even though the virus spread inflation has effected everyone. There is no excuse for the elderly and disabled people to get 0 dollars from this.

this virus in general has shown glaring issues... people dont value or care about the elderly unless its their own parents and nobody gives a crap about people with actual disabilities.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-25-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Perfect example... dow Jones up today because of this fraudulent message the idiot president is giving off that this will be over soon. Or maybe itís not fraudulent and it will be opened back up... only for the healthcare system to collapse and our economy crashes that way.

You canít keep playing with peopleís emotions like this. America is not special. Corrupt, fraudulent and misleading governments have led to mass riots and unsafe countries elsewhere. It can happen here too. Trump and his lackeys need to smarten the **** up and present the situation as it is (or appears to be because itís constantly changing,
    admittedly). Because this canít continue. We canít keep having these day to day swings and no one knowing what tf is going on. Itís a recipe for disaster. If the facts and plan are presented properly then we can get people working on real solutions. But thatís not whatís happening.
    The market surged to the moment that word broke that republicans and dems had reached a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package. Everyone likes free money including investors

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nope... i am arguing they cant work for their own safety and or disabilities and get 0 money when the age area of 20-40 can work and will get free money even though the virus spread inflation has effected everyone. There is no excuse for the elderly and disabled people to get 0 dollars from this.

this virus in general has shown glaring issues... people dont value or care about the elderly unless its their own parents and nobody gives a crap about people with actual disabilities.
    I am confused. Everybody is getting 1250 dollars unless you make above 75k individually or 150k filed jointly where it phases out. This means old people too.

Page 46 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast