Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 157 of 207 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3105

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2341
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    I just want primary care providers cause of death to be considered official.

  2. #2342
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I just want primary care providers cause of death to be considered official.
    Even if you are correct and Covid deaths are being inflated by 30%. That means there are only 80,000 deaths instead of 120,000, and we still have the most deaths in the world by far (though rate we are not tops).

    Supposing that number is correct, should that change a single thing we are doing or have done to combat Covid?

  3. #2343
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    49,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Those will be my final posts folks...take what you want from it or just ignore it saying it's all bull...you all have to live your life how you see fit believing what you want ... if you have a closed mind and can't accept that there are other possibilities then what are you told will become truth...there is a possible other side to EVERYTHING!
    Cool. Bye. Go peddle your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  4. #2344
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    49,043
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sounds like you really just want the official death count to be lower.
    Careful. He might get offended and start lashing out.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  5. #2345
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    11
    @spliff....sure I'll take them elsewhere as I expected the responses I got here...not surprised at all...after all the world is about 90% sheep and I'm sure you have your "Fauci" mask on....research masks....way more harm than good and there is meaning behind what they actually stand for...you won't like the answer

  6. #2346
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    49,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    @spliff....sure I'll take them elsewhere as I expected the responses I got here...not surprised at all...after all the world is about 90% sheep and I'm sure you have your "Fauci" mask on....research masks....way more harm than good and there is meaning behind what they actually stand for...you won't like the answer
    You said the post before this was your last. Try sticking to your word.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #2347
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    @spliff....sure I'll take them elsewhere as I expected the responses I got here...not surprised at all...after all the world is about 90% sheep and I'm sure you have your "Fauci" mask on....research masks....way more harm than good and there is meaning behind what they actually stand for...you won't like the answer
    You are a scientific fool. Having said that I am sure you are a nice guy. Since you aren't as smart as me in fluid dynamics I will explain. Face coverings dramatically cut down on the horizontal advection of your breath and associated droplets. It's as simple as that. Face coverings are an effective method of reducing viral load in the environment and the distance an air parcel travels from an infected individual. You are so up the *** of Fox news and your conservative misinformation sources you can't see straight. By the way the earth is round also.

  8. #2348
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Even if you are correct and Covid deaths are being inflated by 30%. That means there are only 80,000 deaths instead of 120,000, and we still have the most deaths in the world by far (though rate we are not tops).

    Supposing that number is correct, should that change a single thing we are doing or have done to combat Covid?
    When Trump banned international flights from Europe and China in late January, he was branded a "xenophobic racist". I'm not sure anyone could have done anything better than he did initially. Unfortunately for everyone, the House Intelligence committee was busy with "other" things in November and December when news was coming out of China about a strange new "flu". The WHO did little to provide actual information as late as March. Our CDC did not really get all the info they needed to help fight this pandemic.

  9. #2349
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When Trump banned international flights from Europe and China in late January, he was branded a "xenophobic racist". I'm not sure anyone could have done anything better than he did initially. Unfortunately for everyone, the House Intelligence committee was busy with "other" things in November and December when news was coming out of China about a strange new "flu". The WHO did little to provide actual information as late as March. Our CDC did not really get all the info they needed to help fight this pandemic.
    All that being true doesn't negate the fact that Trump is a scientific moron as is most of the science denying GOP

  10. #2350
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    I am not supporting Trump, but I am saying that the Democrats have been incredibly hypocritical in their handling of this situation. In late February, when Trump was warning that groups of people should not get together, Nancy Pelosi said "Go out. Visit Chinatown. Don't be afraid." Mayor DiBlassio said,"Go out, enjoy the nightlife in the greatest city in the world."
    We all saw what happened in New York. Governor Cuomo allowed many people to die by ordering nursing homes to care for Covid patients, without instructing the staff how to handle them. Covid patients require a great deal of care, which is far different than normal nursing home patients (I work in a facility that was an "outbreak" facility). Staff must follow the proper protocols at all times, changing PPE regularly, cleaning the facilities properly, not allowing non-essential personnel into the isolation area, etc.
    I could go on about how Democrats blew their response to the virus, and are now blaming their failures on Trump. Hypocrisy is rampant in our government. People say one thing and do the exact opposite, and that is on both sides of the aisle.
    Also, Trump made a mistake by listening to the WHO initially -- they said that "person to person transmission was unlikely" and that "lockdowns were not necessary." Our CDC relied on them for the proper way to handle the illness, as we did not have proper intel on it due to the mis-handling of the info by the intelligence committees in our congress. Our scientists did not have any real information until we were already well into the pandemic.
    Everyone could have handled the situation better.
    Last edited by catman; 06-20-2020 at 12:28 AM.

  11. #2351
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I am not supporting Trump, but I am saying that the Democrats have been incredibly hypocritical in their handling of this situation. In late February, when Trump was warning that groups of people should not get together, Nancy Pelosi said "Go out. Visit Chinatown. Don't be afraid." Mayor DiBlassio said,"Go out, enjoy the nightlife in the greatest city in the world."
    We all saw what happened in New York. Governor Cuomo allowed many people to die by ordering nursing homes to care for Covid patients, without instructing the staff how to handle them. Covid patients require a great deal of care, which is far different than normal nursing home patients (I work in a facility that was an "outbreak" facility). Staff must follow the proper protocols at all times, changing PPE regularly, cleaning the facilities properly, not allowing non-essential personnel into the isolation area, etc.
    I could go on about how Democrats blew their response to the virus, and are now blaming their failures on Trump. Hypocrisy is rampant in our government. People say one thing and do the exact opposite, and that is on both sides of the aisle.
    Also, Trump made a mistake by listening to the WHO initially -- they said that "person to person transmission was unlikely" and that "lockdowns were not necessary." Our CDC relied on them for the proper way to handle the illness, as we did not have proper intel on it due to the mis-handling of the info by the intelligence committees in our congress. Our scientists did not have any real information until we were already well into the pandemic.
    Everyone could have handled the situation better.
    Again I agree with much of what you said about NY state Dems coupled with bad WHO guidance. Undoubtedly true but I assume you see that both can be true. Trump is an absolute buffoon. He is so adamant against wearing face coverings and calling people weak or implying they look stupid that all of his Southern redneck minions are following his lead. He also incredibly downplayed this all the way through and dismantled Obama administration Pandemic task force last year because Obama created it. The man is a mental........

  12. #2352
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When Trump banned international flights from Europe and China in late January, he was branded a "xenophobic racist". I'm not sure anyone could have done anything better than he did initially. Unfortunately for everyone, the House Intelligence committee was busy with "other" things in November and December when news was coming out of China about a strange new "flu". The WHO did little to provide actual information as late as March. Our CDC did not really get all the info they needed to help fight this pandemic.
    The reason people harp so much on what a good thing Trump did by halting travel to China early on is its the only thing they can point to.

    Much of what you said is true, but at the time the CDC did have the information and we knew this was serious the Oresident was tweeting “we are at 15 cases going down to zero”

    Tell me, as a medical professional, what do you think of that tweet from a medical standpoint?

  13. #2353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,794
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The reason people harp so much on what a good thing Trump did by halting travel to China early on is its the only thing they can point to.

    Much of what you said is true, but at the time the CDC did have the information and we knew this was serious the Oresident was tweeting “we are at 15 cases going down to zero”

    Tell me, as a medical professional, what do you think of that tweet from a medical standpoint?
    The blame is shared amongst far more people than Trump. The WHO covered up the severity of the virus while it was spreading. Pelosi was encouraging people to get out and go to “China town.” Countless politicians were preoccupied with all of the impeachment nonsense to care about covid in the early stages. Biden was calling Trump a xenophobe for wanting to stop travel from China. Cuomo was forcing covid patients into nursing homes, which led to a large number of deaths. He was also encouraging people to go out during the pandemic. And lastly, regardless of what Trump or any other leader does, you have people who just aren’t going to listen.

    It’s a shallow stance to blame Trump exclusively for the number of deaths here. Cuomo, especially, blew up the numbers in his own state. The blame is shared in a lot of places.

  14. #2354
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,616
    All I can say is this video completely covers what we should do

    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

    Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

  15. #2355
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The blame is shared amongst far more people than Trump. The WHO covered up the severity of the virus while it was spreading. Pelosi was encouraging people to get out and go to “China town.” Countless politicians were preoccupied with all of the impeachment nonsense to care about covid in the early stages. Biden was calling Trump a xenophobe for wanting to stop travel from China. Cuomo was forcing covid patients into nursing homes, which led to a large number of deaths. He was also encouraging people to go out during the pandemic. And lastly, regardless of what Trump or any other leader does, you have people who just aren’t going to listen.

    It’s a shallow stance to blame Trump exclusively for the number of deaths here. Cuomo, especially, blew up the numbers in his own state. The blame is shared in a lot of places.
    When I have I ever blamed only Trump? There’s A LOT of blame to go around. China, WHO, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Pelosi. A lot of blame.

    But none of their transgressions excuses Trump’s. And if you look at Pelosi, and Cuomo, and Schumer, ALL of them started taking Covid seriously before Trump. Every single one was saying this is a big deal and we need to do something at the same time Trump was tweeting our 15 cases are going to zero.

    So they all didn’t take it seriously to start. But Trump was the last one to take it seriously, and he definitely deserves a lot of blame for our national response, which has been pretty bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •