Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    here in phila i am ****ed... Its spreading down... we up next : (

Trump wanting to Quarantine NY/NJ and got talked out of it by the idiotic mayors and his white house people... phila is legit next
    I figure it's going to affect me sooner rather than later. The counties bordering DC have taken a brunt of it from Maryland's perspective, and Anne Arundel where I live is likely next. Two big shopping malls, BWI airport and Annapolis City's 50,000 residents and state government jobs indicate we are going to have quite a few cases here at some point.

Funny thing, my company employs over 300 people in our small area and no one has gotten it, or their immediate families. Additionally, a friend of mine's company that owns over 30 stores in NYS, NYC, NJ and our area of Maryland have no one with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I figure it's going to affect me sooner rather than later. The counties bordering DC have taken a brunt of it from Maryland's perspective, and Anne Arundel where I live is likely next. Two big shopping malls, BWI airport and Annapolis City's 50,000 residents and state government jobs indicate we are going to have quite a few cases here at some point.

Funny thing, my company employs over 300 people in our small area and no one has gotten it, or their immediate families. Additionally, a friend of mine's company that owns over 30 stores in NYS, NYC, NJ and our area of Maryland have no one with it so far.
    this is why the easiest route would be for all states to just lock people out. It would stop the spread considerably

100k-200k deaths expected in the us.. per fauci

https://www.fox29.com/news/fauci-pre...0k-200k-deaths

think about how insane that is... we will be looking at what a million deaths by the time this is over maybe world wide?

Nothing funny about that. More like none of them have tested positive for it (yet) and almost none of them have been tested period.

100k-200k deaths expected in the us.. per fauci

https://www.fox29.com/news/fauci-pre...0k-200k-deaths

think about how insane that is... we will be looking at what a million deaths by the time this is over maybe world wide?
    That seems way excessive. We're at 2400 right now. I can't see it getting up to 100-200K.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That seems way excessive. We're at 2400 right now. I can't see it getting up to 100-200K.
    it really depends tbh... 100k is possible but 200k i highly doubt... its going to spread drastically over the next 3-6 weeks then hopefully it dies off.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nothing funny about that. More like none of them have tested positive for it (yet) and almost none of them have been tested period.
    At least for my company, it's food service and folks are constantly washing hands (even before this) and each location is making sure everything is sanitized and making sure the team is safe. Can't say anything about my friends company though, but they are taking very similar precautions from what we've talked about.

Florida is saying residents returning from Louisiana have to self-quarantine for two weeks. Delaware actually put themselves into shelter in place because people were leaving their homes to go to their vacation homes and going about their daily routine.

I imagine states like Maryland and Ohio, who have been out in front of this, would put some similar restrictions into effect.
    Yea, with ckntagoous disease limiting travel is key. Honestly when the first case popped up in US I thought they were going to start implementing something at airports and screening travelers somehow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I see, and if New York state was giving those numbers of their own volition without cdc and who, you would then think they're lying?

Strictly from a medical perspective saying that china is fudging numbers right now during a global health crisis is laughable. The entire world is going to predicate their responses based on China's numbers in wuhan. They are not going to lie to the whole world about that. They sent 4 million masks to italy yesterday. China ****ed up and they know it, they're not gonna keep fudging numbers right now, there is no logical reason to think that they are.

Yeah, no. I would never buy anything that government says at face value. **** can be fudged to make them look as if they did a better job than other countries in trying to contain it.

Them sending masks and other **** is basically trying to look better after what happened.

curious... what is the point of the white house and nyc mayor talking trump out of declaring a Quarantine for nyc/jersey? like what is the negative of it? it seems kind of stupid to not be pro for this to limit the outbreak

here in phila i am ****ed... Its spreading down... we up next : (

Trump wanting to Quarantine NY/NJ and got talked out of it by the idiotic mayors and his white house people... phila is legit next
    You canít do that and is not like we already have a shelter in place strategy.

People in Philly got it the same way people in NY got it from someplace else, so again best way to protect is to self isolate.

curious... what is the point of the white house and nyc mayor talking trump out of declaring a Quarantine for nyc/jersey? like what is the negative of it? it seems kind of stupid to not be pro for this to limit the outbreak
    Because you canít do that, at the end of the day this is still the US and you canít stop US citizens from trying to get away from any of these places that are at high risks. You would be violating peopleís basic civil rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Because you canít do that, at the end of the day this is still the US and you canít stop US citizens from trying to get away from any of these places that are at high risks. You would be violating peopleís basic civil rights.
    I think states should restrict travel between each other. I've been thinking this for a while.

Every state should go according to their local data, diff areas are in diff stages of progression.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, no. I would never buy anything that government says at face value. **** can be fudged to make them look as if they did a better job than other countries in trying to contain it.

Them sending masks and other **** is basically trying to look better after what happened.
    Yes, exactly, they are trying to look better, fudging the numbers doesnt accomplish that. If they do that everyone will find out eventually, this stuff is all observable and measurable. You can compare data sets and start claiming with accuracy which sets are legit and which aren't.