Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 188 of 231 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3453

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    BDawk, I know you know this but if you keep feeding a stray cat... it'll never go away.
    Yeah, you two are better off running and hiding from the truth instead of actually backing up your highly questionable claims.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You are the definition of a hopeless case. Keep angling for that big "gotcha" moment with me though. Seems to be the only reason you're posting these days. Present nothing of value yourself, applaud anyone who disagrees with me, and fling an insult or two my way.

Talk about arrogance with one's own idiocy....
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You have no place in an adult conversation, so it's probably best you stick to these cheap one-liners and desperately clinging on to the coattails of other like-minded spreaders of ignorance.
    You gonna cry again because we hurt your feelings? Youíve said here that you believe organizations like the WHO. You are the spreader of ignorance here.

Hurt my feelings? The only thing you guys are hurting is my sides from all the derisive laughter your posts bring me.

Good to see you sticking to my suggestion of focusing on cheap one-liners though.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Nice to see that the GD version of PSD's coronavirus conversation has become a breeding ground/support group for many of our spreaders of conspiracy theories and general ignorance. Trump would be proud of each and every one of you!

5. 08-05-2020, 05:20 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Trolling/Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yes she did, but it seems unfair to label her death as COVID when she was terminal with not long to live.
    To me that's a completely fair way to count it. If this disease shaves a few months or a few years off someone's life, then we should track it as such.

Someome mentioned a diabetes patient with renal disease, if this patient is infected with covid and dies from its complications, we should most definitely call it a covid death, it will let us know what the most susceptible populations are and allow us to respond accordingly.

Just because someone has underlying conditions or comorbidities doesnt mean we then dismiss what infections kill them. That would be a horrible way to track this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-05-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Maybe you should be running the show!!!

NastyNice for President of the US/CDC/NIH/and WHO!!!
    Yes, I think so. I think there are loads of people better qualified than me, but none of them are in the White House. So given this fact, yes, letting me run the show would be an obvious step up from what we have right now.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    To me that's a completely fair way to count it. If this disease shaves a few months or a few years off someone's life, then we should track it as such.

Someome mentioned a diabetes patient with renal disease, if this patient is infected with covid and because of it does, we should most definitely call it ancovid death, it will let us know what the most susceptible populations are and allow us to respond accordingly.

Just because someone has underlying conditions or comorbidities doesnt mean we then dismiss what infections kill them. That would be a horrible way to track this.

Do you understand what terminal cancer is?

Someome mentioned a diabetes patient with renal disease, if this patient is infected with covid and dies from its complications, we should most definitely call it a covid death, it will let us know what the most susceptible populations are and allow us to respond accordingly.

Without a doubt!!! My mom is a diabetic renal patient. I am 100% isolating her cause if she gets this, she will be killed.

I'm not referring to those when I say this is overblown. That is the legitimate population who should be concerned. Those and anyone who is immunosupressed (ie:elderly, chronic illness, etc).

But these same people die if they get any illness... not just Covid. So why do we react this way because of Covid?

Yes, I think so. I think there are loads of people better qualified than me, but none of them are in the White House. So given this fact, yes, letting me run the show would be an obvious step up from what we have right now.

You got my vote as long as you promise not to bring in Sharia Law!

If someone has full blown AIDS and they die from the common cold do they normally list the cold as the cause of death?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Ethical Question for the General Population:

What should be the deciding factors in the amount of care a person should receive?

Example: If a person is brain dead but the family wants everything done, should hospitals be required to continue care?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    If someone has full blown AIDS and they die from the common cold do they normally list the cold as the cause of death?
    Nope... they died of Covid. They didnt test positive but they presented as if they had it.

Now give my hospital the extra cash! lol

Without a doubt!!! My mom is a diabetic renal patient. I am 100% isolating her cause if she gets this, she will be killed.

I'm not referring to those when I say this is overblown. That is the legitimate population who should be concerned. Those and anyone who is immunosupressed (ie:elderly, chronic illness, etc).

But these same people die if they get any illness... not just Covid. So why do we react this way because of Covid?
    No I think that applies to any illness, if someone with comorbidity dies from influenza then it is recorded as such. If its coronavirus then it should be too.

You got my vote as long as you promise not to bring in Sharia Law!
    lmao, let's not even go down that path!

Ethical Question for the General Population:

What should be the deciding factors in the amount of care a person should receive?

Example: If a person is brain dead but the family wants everything done, should hospitals be required to continue care?
    Not my place to make that determination. I have done chest compressions on cardiac arrests for as much as 30 minutes after they arrived in the trauma bay. It was clear we werenít going to bring them back, but you donít stop until the doctor calls it. I understand why youíre asking, but only doctors can and should decide what those factors are or should be.