Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 231 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3453

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Of the top 15 states with the highest deaths per populations...

11 are Democrat states... including the top 5.

Explain to me again how Republicans and Trump have handled this wrong again? Was he just trying to hurt democrat states with his policies?
    If you still haven't figured out how Trump has mishandled this pandemic, you're either willfully ignorant or completely not paying attention.

....and if you think I'm someone who feels the need to defend Democrat leaders, you're clueless. I'm not a Democrat and I don't look up to any Democrat leaders. Unlike you, this isn't a team game for me. It's dead obvious you're a partisan hack that is desperate to find some reason to take the blame off your sweet little prince, Donnie boi.

Big swing and a miss.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If you still haven't figured out how Trump has mishandled this pandemic, you're either willfully ignorant or completely not paying attention.

....and if you think I'm someone who feels the need to defend Democrat leaders, you're clueless. I'm not a Democrat and I don't look up to any Democrat leaders. Unlike you, this isn't a team game for me. It's dead obvious you're a partisan hack that is desperate to find some reason to take the blame off your sweet little prince, Donnie boi.

Big swing and a miss.
    So no response?
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

So no response?
    Here's a couple links for you to ignore (since we all know you're completely incapable of finding fault in anything your sweet prince Donnie says or does):

https://youtu.be/h4la0YzxFZ4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.c...s-timeline.amp

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Here's a couple links for you to ignore (since we all know you're completely incapable of finding fault in anything your sweet prince Donnie says or does):

https://youtu.be/h4la0YzxFZ4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.c...s-timeline.amp
    Im not giving you someone else's opinion. I gave you facts. If you have none of your own to back up your position... just say so.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Im not giving you someone else's opinion. I gave you facts. If you have none of your own to back up your position... just say so.
    You gave me cherry picked facts that in no way absolve Donald Trump's incompetency vis a vis COVID-19. I sent you links (fully knowing you'd ignore them) as that required minimal effort and I'm not a big fan of wasting my time trying to talk sense in to someone blinded by his undying devotion to a giant piece of ****.

Pretty funny that you think the data you provided is some damning evidence of well....something or other. This isn't some Democrat vs. Republican thing for me. It's a simple matter of an incompetent buffoon putting his ego above saving American lives.

Better luck next time.

You gave me cherry picked facts that in no way absolve Donald Trump's incompetency vis a vis COVID-19. I sent you links (fully knowing you'd ignore them) as that required minimal effort and I'm not a big fan of wasting my time trying to talk sense in to someone blinded by his undying devotion to a giant piece of ****.

Pretty funny that you think the data you provided is some damning evidence of well....something or other. This isn't some Democrat vs. Republican thing for me. It's a simple matter of an incompetent buffoon putting his ego above saving American lives.

Better luck next time.
    Yet here you are, day in and day out, like a someone with nothing better to do than argue on the internet. You probably hate Trump cause he is only willing to give you $400 a week to go along with your unemployment.

Again... raw stats vs media opinions. When you learn to think for yourself... come back to the big boy table.

Orangeman bad. PedoJoe good.

Top 10 Democrat-Controlled States account for over 100,000 deaths

Top 10 Republican Controlled States account for just over 43,000 deaths.

This despite having very similar populations.

But orangeman bad.
    This should be expected, as the first three states hit with covid were washington state, California state, and New York state. The only outbreak in this country was in New York City. Two areas one the verge of outbreak were Seattle and Los Angeles, but the march 17 shut down was just in time to stop the early april outbreaks they would have experienced.

In addition, much more of the Republican population and states are composed of rural living as opposed to urban.

Democrat states having higher numbers should be expected, given the course of spread in this country.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I kinda agree. There are a lot of factors left out of this stat, including testing capabilities. Other countries do not have adequate testing like we do. Therefore their overall numbers are likely much higher than what is being presented and their deaths per 100,000 population would be lower. But the deaths per cases does speak to how it is handled once a person is identified as positive. Clearly, the US is doing well in this regard. But not identifying deaths caused by Covid is another problem too.

This is why it is so hard to judge one country to another and determine who handled it better. We are not all playing with the same capabilities.

Now state to state... thats a different story.
    Its very easy to judge how america handled it. We failed.

A random kid on the internet with his limited knowledge from med school from over 5 years ago was able to piece out epidemic control protocol in his random down times throughout the day when he bull ***** on an internet sports forum that would have been VASTLY SUPERIOR to the control protocol laid out by dozens of govt entities, each comprised of dozens of individuals, whose FULL TIME JOBS are to ensure the safety and security of this country.

There is no possible way to call our response to this anything else than a complete and utter failure and an absolute embarrassment.

We are EIGHT MONTHS into an epidemic and the White House STILL has no fleshed out protocol in place. Hello mcfly, anybody home?

Knock knock Donald Dumb ****, anybody home??

How can you work in health care and not be enraged at this pathetic ****in response? I'm getting fired up just thinking of these worthless ****in losers.

Last edited by nastynice; 08-12-2020 at 04:34 AM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This should be expected, as the first three states hit with covid were washington state, California state, and New York state. The only outbreak in this country was in New York City. Two areas one the verge of outbreak were Seattle and Los Angeles, but the march 17 shut down was just in time to stop the early april outbreaks they would have experienced.

In addition, much more of the Republican population and states are composed of rural living as opposed to urban.

Democrat states having higher numbers should be expected, given the course of spread in this country.

I agree. It should be expected that when governors send covid positive patients back into nursing homes.... they should experience higher numbers.

What I don't understand is how that is Trumps fault.
    Last edited by The20thK; 08-12-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Its very easy to judge how america handled it. We failed.

A random kid on the internet with his limited knowledge from med school from over 5 years ago was able to piece out epidemic control protocol in his random down times throughout the day when he bull ***** on an internet sports forum that would have been VASTLY SUPERIOR to the control protocol laid out by dozens of govt entities, each comprised of dozens of individuals, whose FULL TIME JOBS are to ensure the safety and security of this country.

There is no possible way to call our response to this anything else than a complete and utter failure and an absolute embarrassment.

We are EIGHT MONTHS into an epidemic and the White House STILL has no fleshed out protocol in place. Hello mcfly, anybody home?

Knock knock Donald Dumb ****, anybody home??

How can you work in health care and not be enraged at this pathetic ****in response? I'm getting fired up just thinking of these worthless ****in losers.

Because I live this everyday and its not as bad as you've been led to believe.

We've been through this.

Every flu isn't counted as a flu death. Every pneumonia isn't counted as a pneumonia death. But every Covid+ is counted as a Covid death.

Why?

Does CDC know the exact number of people who die from seasonal flu each year?
    CDC does not know exactly how many people die from seasonal flu each year. There are several reasons for this. First, states are not required to report individual flu illnesses or deaths among people older than 18 years of age to CDC. Second, influenza is infrequently listed on death certificates of people who die from flu-related complications. Third, many flu-related deaths occur one or two weeks after a personís initial infection, either because the person may develop a secondary bacterial co-infection (such as bacterial pneumonia) or because influenza can aggravate an existing chronic illness (such as congestive heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Also, most people who die from flu-related complications are not tested for flu, or they seek medical care later in their illness when influenza can no longer be detected from respiratory samples. Sensitive influenza tests are only likely to detect influenza if performed within a week after onset of illness. In addition, some commonly used tests to diagnose influenza in clinical settings are not highly sensitive and can provide false negative results (i.e. they misdiagnose flu illness as not being flu.) For these reasons, many flu-related deaths may not be recorded on death certificates. These are some of the reasons that CDC and other public health agencies in the United States and other countries use statistical and mathematical models to estimate the annual number of flu-related deaths.

Flu deaths in children are slightly different though because these are nationally notifiable, which means that individual flu deaths must be reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. States report flu-related child deaths in the United States through the Influenza Associated Pediatric Mortality Surveillance System. However, even deaths in children may be underreported, for many of the same reasons listed above.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/faq.htm

Because I live this everyday and its not as bad as you've been led to believe.
    It's an epidemic, and we failed to respond to it in any coherent manner.

What's misleading?

I agree. It should be expected that when governors send covid positive patients back into nursing homes.... they should experience higher numbers.

What I don't understand is how that is Trumps fault.
    The reason you dont understand is because you support the piece of **** to such an irrational degree that as a health care worker your response to why the federal govt still hasn't shown up to the party 8 months later is to point out a mistake made by the governor and ask how its trumps fault.

Plain and simple. As a health care worker there is no other excuse for being this oblivious as to how a pandemic response should work.

The reason you dont understand is because you support the piece of **** to such an irrational degree that as a health care worker your response to why the federal govt still hasn't shown up to the party 8 months later is to point out a mistake made by the governor and ask how its trumps fault.

Plain and simple. As a health care worker there is no other excuse for being this oblivious as to how a pandemic response should work.

The same can be said for those that are bias against Trump as well, as his thread and others in the politics forum have shown.

Before you take this as me defending Trump, save your breath.