Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2164

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, I love how not one person can actually break down in laymen terms what the issue is. Yall like, some guy that knows more than me said something, you're insane for not believing him!! [emoji23][emoji23]

I got no issue being open minded about why their numbers might be bogus, I said ok they seem too perfect to be an organic data sample, ok, point taken. What else you want from me??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You completely brush off or deny any information presented to you if it doesn't fit in to your current world view. Plenty of people, myself included, have presented legit information for why China's data about the coronavirus is more than a little fishy (and it's not like this is some unsubstantiated conspiracy theory or something).

The problem isn't an inability of others to properly explain this stuff to you, it is your own inability to a) process the information presented to you and/or b) ever admit that you could be wrong.

I think beyond anything, people would appreciate it if you exhibited even the slightest bit of intellectual honesty in these conversations you always find yourself on the wrong end of.

Ok, I'm going to compare china with California, I will prove to you these numbers make sense.

So in china this first surfaced in late november, and in california late January. From late november to late January is 2 months, that is before the exponential growth rise starts.

In California we followed near the same pattern, first cases in late January, and 2 months later in late march we just started to have the exponential growth rise. You can see it here

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

This is a great site. I check this site every single day, this is why I know our stay at home order on the 17th is indeed having a positive effect. Good for Gary Newsome, he saved lives by not waiting longer, bad for Gary Newsome, he let people die by not starting sooner. Guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

There very well may be relevant factors I'm not considering, but on the surface those numbers seem to.make sense. The timeline may be off by a week or so.

a) you didn't come anywhere near proving "the numbers make sense" with this post

b) Gary?

Cmon man, you wasted my time by making me read that, what is that supposed to tell me?

Don't worry, I just googled "china numbers lying r value", I'll read up on it

https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...obile&ie=UTF-8

So far tho, I clicked on the first link, bloomberg link that says US intelligence says china numbers are lying because they have less cases and casualties, lmaoooo, bro our govt fell asleep and now they tryina blame china!!

Their numbers are less because they LOCKED DOWN. No one was allowed in or out of Hubei province. The highways in and out had cones across them, they were literally locked down. When one patient tested positive, they would screen and disinfect the ENTIRE BLOCK where they live.

No **** they had lower numbers than us, no **** sherlock. We haven't done anything close to that, even now in the crescendo of this peak or whatever, we aren't even 50% as aggressive in New York as they were in Wuhan. What percent of citizens wear mask in New York? In wuhan? I'm willing to bet wuhan is significantly higher.

Why are people surprised our numbers are higher? That follows 100% in line with how each country reacted
    So let me guess this straight, you post an article I never once mentioned and then proceed to refute that article and somehow is supposed to refute me?

You never answered my two questions:

Do you think the statisticians in the actual article I posted would have claimed China’s numbers are irregular if the actual r value was somewhere where an r value of 99 was not unusual?

Why do you think the statisticians from the actual article I posted would lie? You stated it doesn’t make sense for China to be lying about their numbers. Why does it make sense statisticians would lie about this?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So let me guess this straight, you post an article I never once mentioned and then proceed to refute that article and somehow is supposed to refute me?

You never answered my two questions:

Do you think the statisticians in the actual article I posted would have claimed China’s numbers are irregular if the actual r value was somewhere where an r value of 99 was not unusual?

Why do you think the statisticians from the actual article I posted would lie? You stated it doesn’t make sense for China to be lying about their numbers. Why does it make sense statisticians would lie about this?
    No I didnt mean for my reply toward the article to be about you. Its cuz I legit googled what you said and clicked the first link, and surprise, it's just more bs, lol

1) no, I never said the stat wasn't irregular, I just wanted you to shed some light on what that stat actually is. You dont want to, you just want me to accept it as some smoking gun and that's it. That's fine, I'll use google

2) I dont think they are lying that there is a particular stat that doesnt add up. I just want to know why this is such a holy grail stat that it in of itself, according to you, proves that China's numbers are lies.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This is the 2nd link that came up for china lying numbers r value

https://time.com/5814313/china-denie...g-coronavirus/

Good article. Essentially seems like the us is saying china was lying in november december. Ok, sure, we all know they were trying to cover it up at first.

Seems like our politicians are saying that because of china lying in november December, it gave us a false sense of security.

That's bull ****. China shut down their province on January 23rd. It doesnt matter what happened before that, any lack of reaction on our part from January 23rd on is hundered percent our fault. Our politicians failed us and now they're trying to shift blame.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

lol, I guess it's the US who is lying about the numbers, huh

Ok, I'm going to compare china with California, I will prove to you these numbers make sense.

So in china this first surfaced in late november, and in california late January. From late november to late January is 2 months, that is before the exponential growth rise starts.

In California we followed near the same pattern, first cases in late January, and 2 months later in late march we just started to have the exponential growth rise. You can see it here

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

This is a great site. I check this site every single day, this is why I know our stay at home order on the 17th is indeed having a positive effect. Good for Gary Newsome, he saved lives by not waiting longer, bad for Gary Newsome, he let people die by not starting sooner. Guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

There very well may be relevant factors I'm not considering, but on the surface those numbers seem to.make sense. The timeline may be off by a week or so.

If the first case in China actually occurred in November than its highly unlikely the first case in California was actually in January. Because China lied about the severity there was likely pockets of community spread all over the world forming between that original case in November and the time when they actually came clean on how serious transmission was. So California (and the rest of the world) was likely weeks behind because of China.

California and so many other places should have taken stronger action. But you have to consider that every state/country was likely dealing with some degree of uninterrupted community transmission for a few weeks because of China’s dishonesty and corruption.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

There will likely be adjustments to our numbers because we’ve probably lose some people who weren’t tested. And as I understand it we’re calling everyone who has the virus a COVID-19 death even if they had some other condition.

Examples: flu season deaths has been all time high. It’s likely some were actually COVID-19 specific. On the other side, Pneumonia deaths are cratering right now so it’s plausible that some of the deaths were calling covid-19 would have happened anyway due to that preexisting condition.

Either way, these are just part of managing a pandemic. No one is intentionally letting people all over the world die with those type of counting.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

virut thật đáng sợ, Mọi người hãy cảnh giác để bảo vệ chính mình và cộng đồng nhé

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If the first case in China actually occurred in November than its highly unlikely the first case in California was actually in January. Because China lied about the severity there was likely pockets of community spread all over the world forming between that original case in November and the time when they actually came clean on how serious transmission was. So California (and the rest of the world) was likely weeks behind because of China.

California and so many other places should have taken stronger action. But you have to consider that every state/country was likely dealing with some degree of uninterrupted community transmission for a few weeks because of China’s dishonesty and corruption.
    Yes, I'm sure both california and china actually had the disease spreading before having their first case reported

But i was just comparing apples to apples, so I was going by confirmed cases

799 New Yorkers died in one day.

Funny and oh so predictable that you are so quick to accept this idea but are so dead set on denying anything of the sort with China.

No I didnt mean for my reply toward the article to be about you. Its cuz I legit googled what you said and clicked the first link, and surprise, it's just more bs, lol

1) no, I never said the stat wasn't irregular, I just wanted you to shed some light on what that stat actually is. You dont want to, you just want me to accept it as some smoking gun and that's it. That's fine, I'll use google

2) I dont think they are lying that there is a particular stat that doesnt add up. I just want to know why this is such a holy grail stat that it in of itself, according to you, proves that China's numbers are lies
    1) The article explained what the stat is. You are asking what the r value of the stat was and I asked you if you though they knew about r values or were lying, which led to

2) OK, so you’re saying you don’t think they’re lying and you think the stat is legit but you still don’t believe it.

It proves that China’s numbers are lies because as the article said, China’s numbers are too perfectly correlated to death projection models to be real. This has all been explained. You have this nasty habit of acting both like an expert and constantly demanding people break things down to the lowest level because you are incapable of understanding the point.

Do me a favor, decide whether you want to act like you don’t know what they’re talking about or that you know everything about the subject, and let me know so I can adjust accordingly.

Cmon man, you wasted my time by making me read that, what is that supposed to tell me?

Don't worry, I just googled "china numbers lying r value", I'll read up on it

https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...obile&ie=UTF-8

So far tho, I clicked on the first link, bloomberg link that says US intelligence says china numbers are lying because they have less cases and casualties, lmaoooo, bro our govt fell asleep and now they tryina blame china!!

Their numbers are less because they LOCKED DOWN. No one was allowed in or out of Hubei province. The highways in and out had cones across them, they were literally locked down. When one patient tested positive, they would screen and disinfect the ENTIRE BLOCK where they live.

No **** they had lower numbers than us, no **** sherlock. We haven't done anything close to that, even now in the crescendo of this peak or whatever, we aren't even 50% as aggressive in New York as they were in Wuhan. What percent of citizens wear mask in New York? In wuhan? I'm willing to bet wuhan is significantly higher.

Why are people surprised our numbers are higher? That follows 100% in line with how each country reacted
    You seem to think this entire debate is a US v China thing and that we are saying China is lying to defend the US.

That is not what is happening. No one is defending the US. The US intentionally did not want to test people to keep the numbers low and was late in enforcing preventative measures. I fully buy the US having more cases or more deaths. But I don’t buy China’s numbers given the statistical impossibility of the models projections and the intelligence from other countries and the actual accounts from Chinese people on the ground.

In essence, EVERYTHING is telling us China’s numbers are wrong except the Chinese government and you are choosing to believe the Chinese government.

It is so bizarre.