Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 145 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Unless youíre a doctor, specifically an epidemiologist, you really shouldnít be quantifying this virus as either serious or not.

We donít know jack **** and thatís the worst part about it. Panicking or acting like it isnít a big deal is irresponsible as ****, all you can do is take precautions without actually over killing it by raiding the grocery store.

NYC has such an ominous silence to it, Iím walking around just to look and see how things are shaping up and I havenít seen this level of panic or hoarding since 2012, when Sandy hit, itís pretty creepy.

Iím not scared of this virus, Iím not worried that Iíll die if I get sick, in fact I probably have some of the best chances to recover compared to a lot of people on PSD for the sole fact that Iím younger. Still, Iím taking as many precautions as possible because while I donít care about my own health all that much, the last thing I need is for my 60 year old parents, nonetheless mom with cancer to get sick. Double goes for my grandmother and the other old folks Iím around.

This entire outbreak couldíve been avoided from day one. US bans travel all together or severely limits travel and instead of having say 10,000 people fly out of JFK, cut it down to 1,000 and GET THE APPROPRIATE TESTING for people flying into this country internationally. If we tested everyone (if we even comprehensive have tests?) as they came into this country, we wouldnít have had to shut down virtually every entertainment event in the country.

It took some stars to get the virus for people to take it seriously. Tom Hanks is one of the most beloved actors in the country, maybe that opened some peopleís eyes. Gobert getting the virus definitely opened up some peopleís eyes. Gobertís a **** for how he handled everything pre-diagnosis but considering how everyone saw him touching other people, touching the microphones, etc, I hope thatís a wake up call for people to take care of their hygiene/personal health.

The state of emergency in NY seems like one thatís being taken out of precaution, people think that this is I am legend 2: electric boogaloo and are going insane when I see it as an opportunity for people to actually learn about viruses and to keep their hands to themselves. Itís definitely only going to get worse - as the ignorant people will still spread the virus, but the rest of us that are following CDC guidelines are going to continue taking precautions to try and minimize the pandemic in our own homes.

Maybe the media is hyping this up a lot, or maybe the government is trying to downplay the severity. I donít know, Iím not a doctor. Still, to nonchalantly brush this off as a government hoax is as irresponsible as you can get.

You donít believe itís serious, fine. Donít be like Gobert and end up making a mockery out of it...which will end up leading to public vilification and putting a ridiculous amount of people at risk.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Unless youíre a doctor, specifically an epidemiologist, you really shouldnít be quantifying this virus as either serious or not.

We donít know jack **** and thatís the worst part about it. Panicking or acting like it isnít a big deal is irresponsible as ****, all you can do is take precautions without actually over killing it by raiding the grocery store.

NYC has such an ominous silence to it, Iím walking around just to look and see how things are shaping up and I havenít seen this level of panic or hoarding since 2012, when Sandy hit, itís pretty creepy.

Iím not scared of this virus, Iím not worried that Iíll die if I get sick, in fact I probably have some of the best chances to recover compared to a lot of people on PSD for the sole fact that Iím younger. Still, Iím taking as many precautions as possible because while I donít care about my own health all that much, the last thing I need is for my 60 year old parents, nonetheless mom with cancer to get sick. Double goes for my grandmother and the other old folks Iím around.

This entire outbreak couldíve been avoided from day one. US bans travel all together or severely limits travel and instead of having say 10,000 people fly out of JFK, cut it down to 1,000 and GET THE APPROPRIATE TESTING for people flying into this country internationally. If we tested everyone (if we even comprehensive have tests?) as they came into this country, we wouldnít have had to shut down virtually every entertainment event in the country.

It took some stars to get the virus for people to take it seriously. Tom Hanks is one of the most beloved actors in the country, maybe that opened some peopleís eyes. Gobert getting the virus definitely opened up some peopleís eyes. Gobertís a **** for how he handled everything pre-diagnosis but considering how everyone saw him touching other people, touching the microphones, etc, I hope thatís a wake up call for people to take care of their hygiene/personal health.

The state of emergency in NY seems like one thatís being taken out of precaution, people think that this is I am legend 2: electric boogaloo and are going insane when I see it as an opportunity for people to actually learn about viruses and to keep their hands to themselves. Itís definitely only going to get worse - as the ignorant people will still spread the virus, but the rest of us that are following CDC guidelines are going to continue taking precautions to try and minimize the pandemic in our own homes.

Maybe the media is hyping this up a lot, or maybe the government is trying to downplay the severity. I donít know, Iím not a doctor. Still, to nonchalantly brush this off as a government hoax is as irresponsible as you can get.

You donít believe itís serious, fine. Donít be like Gobert and end up making a mockery out of it...which will end up leading to public vilification and putting a ridiculous amount of people at risk.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, so much to learn..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'll take that as a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyer14 View Post
    PANIC PANIC PANIC........lol

I AM GOING INTO MY NUKE BUNKER UNTIL THIS CRISIS PASSES OVER, AND THAT INCLUDES MY TWO LOVING CATS.
    I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT WE ALL SURVIVE.

Holy hen poop, I have a runny nose, what to do, what to do?????????

Fact is the media needed to make up a big story for a slow news time.........
    Fact is only simple people latch onto it.
    From the first time you told me the virus was no big deal this morning to right now, 6 more people died.

How many dead in the USA among healthy people.
    How many dead in China among healthy people.

Hey but go panic and knock yourself out.
    Trivializing it is just as bad or worse than freaking out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Trivializing it is just as bad or worse than freaking out about it.
    Trivializing it is worse because at that point, people arenít taking illnesses seriously and end up unknowingly infection others. See: Gobert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

PANIC PANIC PANIC........lol

I AM GOING INTO MY NUKE BUNKER UNTIL THIS CRISIS PASSES OVER, AND THAT INCLUDES MY TWO LOVING CATS.
    I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT WE ALL SURVIVE.

Holy hen poop, I have a runny nose, what to do, what to do?????????

Fact is the media needed to make up a big story for a slow news time.........
    Fact is only simple people latch onto it.
    I think you might be the most simple minded person commenting in this thread. Simple minded and desperate for attention.

I think you might be the most simple minded person commenting in this thread. Simple minded and desperate for attention.
    No, hes just buzzword queening

That's just how it comes off

lol!

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No, hes just buzzword queening

That's just how it comes off

lol!

Oh neat. The **** apologist has found another use for that favorite new phrase of his he obviously doesn't understand. He doesn't understand much though so I guess I'll just try to show him some pity.

lmao savage

What Zmaster said. We don't know ****.

No need to panic but no need to be relaxed about this. This **** is real.

There's also no need to find out how fatal or aggressive this is. What's different from other situations is that now, even more so than back in 2009, we live in an interconnected world and have the capability to coordinate a sound reaction.

I was speaking to an Italian friend today who told me that the first case or at least one of the first cases in Italy was in an area in Lombardia. Population is roughly 50,000 people and in the immediate area it's about 250,000 I think. These were the first guys in Europe to have this outbreak in a large extent and had to find a way to combat it. They've isolated themselves, followed all protocol and if my friend is not wrong, they now have zero cases of COVID-19 and are just waiting for everyone else in their region to manage the same thing.

Other friends who live in the Veneto region have showed me the documents they have to sign in order to be allowed to go outside to go to the supermarket or pharmacy mostly and confirm that they are not positive to the virus. **** is real there. They learned that the hard way. Around 3,000 people have been fined for violating these rules and most of Europe still hasn't contained itself. People still act as if it's "just a flu".

I'll just leave this here too. I know it adds closed to zero value, but just actively imagine that your life is going to be like that, even for a couple of weeks: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/6/2116336...re-south-korea

Measures can sound ridiculously unnecessary to some, but better that than sorry. In most situations where precaution is taken, it's usually for no reason but just in case of something out of the ordinary arising. Let's just treat this as such.

Oh neat. The **** apologist has found another use for that favorite new phrase of his he obviously doesn't understand. He doesn't understand much though so I guess I'll just try to show him some pity.

lmao savage
    The buzzword queener has become the buzzword queenee

Interesting turn of events..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The buzzword queener has become the buzzword queenee

Interesting turn of events..

I have nothing but pity for you and your fractured world view. Let's keep your fight for the rights of pedophiles out of this thread though. Start a separate thread dedicated to that if you're so intent on revisiting the subject (or just go back to the "Bias in Media" thread within the politics forum if that suits you better:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33402918).

I have nothing but pity for you and your fractured world view. Let's keep your fight for the rights of pedophiles out of this thread though. Start a separate thread dedicated to that if you're so intent on revisiting the subject (or just go back to the "Bias in Media" thread within the politics forum if that suits you better:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33402918).
    lol, oh spiffy

is this overreaction? Probably so. But it's also better to look back and laugh at being overcautious than the other way around..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Trivializing it is worse because at that point, people arenít taking illnesses seriously and end up unknowingly infection others. See: Gobert.

This is all really rich coming from the same guy who posted this:

This disease is a blessing in disguise for the sole fact that the economy is tanking and itís making Trump look horrible.