Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 182 of 231 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3451

Thread: Coronavirus

This thread is the epitome of what is wrong in the world at this moment.

Question for all of you parents out here.

Are you sending your kids back to school?

We have been given the option to home school this year. But we have to let them know by August 7, even though school doesn't start until September 8. We have been told that we can choose to opt out any time after, but you cannot opt in after that date. Personally I would like more time to make the decision since we have more time.

To answer my own question. My son is not going (he would be starting JK, and my response may be different if we had until September). My daughter we are on the fence about. She will be starting grade 4. The difference is that JK is all play based and an optional year to begin with and they aren't allowing any toys in the rooms, and they aren't enforcing any PPE. The grade 4's will be cohorted for everything and have to wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

We have been given the option to home school this year. But we have to let them know by August 7, even though school doesn't start until September 8. We have been told that we can choose to opt out any time after, but you cannot opt in after that date. Personally I would like more time to make the decision since we have more time.

To answer my own question. My son is not going (he would be starting JK, and my response may be different if we had until September). My daughter we are on the fence about. She will be starting grade 4. The difference is that JK is all play based and an optional year to begin with and they aren't allowing any toys in the rooms, and they aren't enforcing any PPE. The grade 4's will be cohorted for everything and have to wear masks.
    My daughter is starting her senior year. She is going back to school.

We just made the option to homeschool as well. We didnít want to have to do that but we just donít trust the situation at the schools. Itís a catch 22 because her son is delayed and absolutely needs the schooling and interaction but he also wonít be able to take part in the precautions.

Not sure if yours is the entire year but ours is just set up for this semester and I believe itís after October we have the ability to send into school if we want.

Our choice became a little easier because weíre both staying remote until at least December and his dad will be home throughout as well too. So there has already been scheduling set up for all of his (his grandparents as well) all taking ownership on the schooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The grade 4's will be cohorted for everything and have to wear masks.
    Oh thank God.

I been watching this school thing getting more and more political, and I thought they were just gonna recklessly open up again to make a point and lead to a third freakin shut down.

Seems like they are starting to wise up tho, if we're talking about opening schools then certain guidelines need to be in place. Had we put restrictions in place for businesses that opened there would've been no second shut downs and recent surges l.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Not an option for us. First four weeks is online then a re-eval.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To get this thread back on is intended topic, here is something that I have been doing for a couple of months:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ief&rid=101049
    I donate my plasma with antibodies to the virus. I have gotten notes from the blood center where I donate telling me that some 2 dozen patients have received my antibodies and have all recovered from the virus.
    Nice one.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To get this thread back on is intended topic, here is something that I have been doing for a couple of months:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ief&rid=101049
    I donate my plasma with antibodies to the virus. I have gotten notes from the blood center where I donate telling me that some 2 dozen patients have received my antibodies and have all recovered from the virus.
    That's pretty solid. If most recovered patients gave blood it could def boost outcomes across the board.

Hospital should pay recovered patients for their blood, it could probably help boost supply.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Whatís wrong with letting the people who want to risk getting Covid-19 take the risk?

And conversely letting those that donít want to take the risk, stay home and isolate?

I donít see why this is an issue... please help me to see if there is something Iím not taking in account.
    Because the people that are being irresponsible are putting those being responsible at higher risk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you are giving way to much power to the president.... remember trump wanted to shut **** down... he always wanted to stop certain things mayors and govs are currently doing.... the united states is a **** show and our freedom is almost as bad as our leadership from top to bottom... trump wanted to shut down and not let china and so on in very early and he got **** for it.... nobody can do anything as president because the position is a figure head and nothing more. The country from top to bottom has failed
    I have certainly given credit to Trump for trying to shut down travel to and from China relatively early on. Most all of that goodwill has been erased though by his refusal to wear a mask, ridiculing people for wearing a mask, turning a mask in to a political statement, and encouraging citizens to protest the shelter in place restrictions. It would have been so easy for him to at least set a good example. Unfortunately, dude is a buffoon of epic proportions and only cares about his image and getting re-elected.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Because the people that are being irresponsible are putting those being responsible at higher risk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Woah! Come on, man. No need to be a douche.

Stafford with a false positive, never had the virus.

Wonder what the real numbers are out there?

Much higher than the numbers circulating: both total number of people with the virus and total dead (especially the former). Do you have a super cool conspiracy to share with us too?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Much higher than the numbers circulating: both total number of people with the virus and total dead (especially the former). Do you have a super cool conspiracy to share with us too?
    I know my wife friend died a few weeks ago, beat breast cancer but was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and was given a few months to live. Tested positive and the death was listed as covid-related. That and I've hand a couple dozen staff that signed up to be tested at a mobil testing spot but weren't tested for various reasons and more than half cam back positive without a test even being administered.

Conspiracy, not really, but the numbers certainly aren't real as reported.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Of course the numbers of untested people with the virus would be higher, same way it would be rue if all women were pregnancy tested that weren't already aware they were pregnant.