Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 181 of 231 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3461

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2701
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I love it when people resort to personal insults when they can't come up with a cognitive argument.
    Now that’s irony!

  2. #2702
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    51,073
    Now that's a complete misunderstanding of what irony actually means!

    I'm going after both of your hollow, pathetic arguments. You guys are going after me as a person. No surprise that you fail to see the difference.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #2703
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,089
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Now that's a complete misunderstanding of what irony actually means!

    I'm going after both of your hollow, pathetic arguments. You guys are going after me as a person. No surprise that you fail to see the difference.
    BSF called. He wants his gimmick back.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  4. #2704
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,089
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You two are absolutely adorable. Too bad neither of you can present an argument on this topic that's worth a damn though.
    Plenty of arguments have been presented to you, but you're such a close-minded douche that nobody can actually hold a meaningful conversation with you. You believe you're more informed on this topic than the two people in this thread who actually work in hospitals! And when presented with information that you didn't want to believe because it didn't fit the narrative you've been spoon fed, you dismissed it, like a douche, and offered nothing of substance, just your usual condescending ********. Your act is tired and people see through it.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  5. #2705
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,223
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I don’t think that’s a great analogy. Drunk drivers are knowingly breaking a law. There is absolute danger. A person who wants to go to work may not be I infected. Your drunk analogy actually works better AGAINST your argument.

    How would you feel if the government was treating every driver as if they were a drunk driver? You wouldn’t stand for it. And you shouldn’t.
    They do, if you blow a .08% they take you to jail, doesnt matter if you're drunk or not. Altho I've blown .08% before while being under 21, cop let me go cuz I easily passed all the tests, and apparently I'm one lucky mofo. But technically I shoulda been taken in, even tho clearly not drunk.

    Also no one really knows when they hit .08 vs .06. So not exactly KNOWINGLY breaking the law. I think my analogy is actually pretty good when you actually think about it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #2706
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,223
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    When the economy was doing great did you give Trump credit? Or is it more nuanced than that? If the economy rebounds will you give him credit, or is it more nuanced than “he’s the leader, so it’s on him”?

    What country do you fee handled this well and why?
    The economy is certainly more nuanced than Trump, but yes I did give him credit for the moves he directly made and I also gave him a good amount of credit for not letting the economy go into recession, which I do believe would have happened with a Democrat president.

    If Trump makes smart moves and it helps boost the economy then of course I'll give him credit, why wouldnt I?

    I feel like Asian countries handled this well because they actually used their brains and started actively dealing with the virus the moment it started showing up in their country. Look at what a "surge" in South Korea or Taiwan is, it's like 20 cases, lol. They are operating at a completely different level than we are because they are taking what the American academic system teaches about epidemics, and putting it into practice via their govt. Why this connection is not being made in America, I have no clue. Something is broken or missing, that much I know.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #2707
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,446
    i have given trump credit for the economy and credit for how awful this situation is and how not possible this situation is... he is no worse then bush/obama tbh.... but his mouth is what makes him a ****ing moron... just shut up and let others talk for you like every president ever... and because of his ego and mouth he wont and shouldnt be president again.

  8. #2708
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,223
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i have given trump credit for the economy and credit for how awful this situation is and how not possible this situation is... he is no worse then bush/obama tbh.... but his mouth is what makes him a ****ing moron... just shut up and let others talk for you like every president ever... and because of his ego and mouth he wont and shouldnt be president again.
    Diff presidents have diff strengths, but one thing I know is as far as responding to this pandemic there is no possible way Bush or Obama would've handled it this bad. I cant fathom either of those two doing literally nothing for 2 months, watch states close down on their own, start a movement to push for re opens without even having any legitimate enforceable protocol in place, watch states lockdown a second time, yet still not even active in this corona battle here 6 months later.

    Hes a complete no show. He is objectively a 100% failure as far as pandemic response. If you look at what the american academic system teaches about epidemics and how to respond to them, Donald Trump objectively failed to do anything close to that.

    We could have put a jacket and a hat on a chimpanzee and it would have an honest shot of running a better response than Donald Trump. Because not only did Trump utterly fail to contain the spread in any fashion, he actually exacerbated the spread with his sheer stupidity. Things that are Alex Jones type conspiracy fringe groups in other countries is the talking piece for the right, a MAJOR political party. I mean seriously, wtf is that?? At least the chimp wouldnt actively sabotage his own country and his own economy.

    *there's a clip someone recently posted of trump looking at graphs. He clearly has no clue what hes even talking about. Hes like regurgitating random words he heard but not making actually coherent fully formed thoughts or arguments. He doesnt even comprehend what is going on, meanwhile every day over a thousand Americans are dying and this has been going a couple months now. He doesnt even understand how destructive he is as president. Its sad.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-04-2020 at 03:20 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #2709
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    51,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Plenty of arguments have been presented to you, but you're such a close-minded douche that nobody can actually hold a meaningful conversation with you. You believe you're more informed on this topic than the two people in this thread who actually work in hospitals! And when presented with information that you didn't want to believe because it didn't fit the narrative you've been spoon fed, you dismissed it, like a douche, and offered nothing of substance, just your usual condescending ********. Your act is tired and people see through it.
    "Douche douche douche. I'm a radiologist, so I'm right and you're just a mean douche, you douche."

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  10. #2710
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,446
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Diff presidents have diff strengths, but one thing I know is as far as responding to this pandemic there is no possible way Bush or Obama would've handled it this bad. I cant fathom either of those two doing literally nothing for 2 months, watch states close down on their own, start a movement to push for re opens without even having any legitimate enforceable protocol in place, watch states lockdown a second time, yet still not even active in this corona battle here 6 months later.

    Hes a complete no show. He is objectively a 100% failure as far as pandemic response. If you look at what the american academic system teaches about epidemics and how to respond to them, Donald Trump objectively failed to do anything close to that.

    We could have put a jacket and a hat on a chimpanzee and it would have an honest shot of running a better response than Donald Trump. Because not only did Trump utterly fail to contain the spread in any fashion, he actually exacerbated the spread with his sheer stupidity. Things that are Alex Jones type conspiracy fringe groups in other countries is the talking piece for the right, a MAJOR political party. I mean seriously, wtf is that?? At least the chimp wouldnt actively sabotage his own country and his own economy.

    *there's a clip someone recently posted of trump looking at graphs. He clearly has no clue what hes even talking about. Hes like regurgitating random words he heard but not making actually coherent fully formed thoughts or arguments. He doesnt even comprehend what is going on, meanwhile every day over a thousand Americans are dying and this has been going a couple months now. He doesnt even understand how destructive he is as president. Its sad.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    you are giving way to much power to the president.... remember trump wanted to shut **** down... he always wanted to stop certain things mayors and govs are currently doing.... the united states is a **** show and our freedom is almost as bad as our leadership from top to bottom... trump wanted to shut down and not let china and so on in very early and he got **** for it.... nobody can do anything as president because the position is a figure head and nothing more. The country from top to bottom has failed

  11. #2711
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Plenty of arguments have been presented to you, but you're such a close-minded douche that nobody can actually hold a meaningful conversation with you. You believe you're more informed on this topic than the two people in this thread who actually work in hospitals! And when presented with information that you didn't want to believe because it didn't fit the narrative you've been spoon fed, you dismissed it, like a douche, and offered nothing of substance, just your usual condescending ********. Your act is tired and people see through it.
    Being a janitor doesn’t count


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #2712
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Being a janitor doesn’t count


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did Spongebob DM Patrick to come to his rescue? 🤣

  13. #2713
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know what is amazing? there are people that think ghosts are real but think covid is fake lol... really think about that
    more worried about the folks that think chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

  14. #2714
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,136
    To get this thread back on is intended topic, here is something that I have been doing for a couple of months:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ief&rid=101049
    I donate my plasma with antibodies to the virus. I have gotten notes from the blood center where I donate telling me that some 2 dozen patients have received my antibodies and have all recovered from the virus.

  15. #2715
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,223
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you are giving way to much power to the president.... remember trump wanted to shut **** down... he always wanted to stop certain things mayors and govs are currently doing.... the united states is a **** show and our freedom is almost as bad as our leadership from top to bottom... trump wanted to shut down and not let china and so on in very early and he got **** for it.... nobody can do anything as president because the position is a figure head and nothing more. The country from top to bottom has failed
    Yea but the thing is he didnt want to shut down because he understood what was going on and wanted to combat it. He wanted to shut down because china was bending him over in the trade war and he was trying to throw any wrench he could toward them.

    That's why he tried that and then tried nothing else. If his ban had anything to do with corona he would have kept trying to implement protocol, but he didnt.

    I'm not saying it as a pro trump or anti trump thing, but those are just the facts of what happened.

    But yes, it has been top to bottom failure, from federal to state to county. The taxpayers were robbed.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •