Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 2141

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #361
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,502

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,582
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My buddy that works for Apple was told to work from home for two weeks. Same thing with another friend in some sort of tech job.
    Yeah that seems to be the case with people here too. Anyone who's able to work from home already is. Just waiting for public transit to shut down then we'll see mass closures.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,974
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    People are so stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,974
    Here I am at work...their are probably about 100-150 people at my facility. Then I go out in the field and interact with 25-35 different customers from all types of industries. Then I go home to my wife and 8 month old son. Why am I still having to come to work?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,112
    When searching information about a possible vaccine, I got what I expected -- conflicting stories. Some say a vaccine is about four months away, and others say 1 to 1.5 years. I wonder which is closer to being accurate.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,582
    Big announcements from Trudeau coming for Canada today at 1pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,258
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Here I am at work...their are probably about 100-150 people at my facility. Then I go out in the field and interact with 25-35 different customers from all types of industries. Then I go home to my wife and 8 month old son. Why am I still having to come to work?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point the raw numbers are so small. Really gotta see how things go this next week, stopping big crowds may already be enough for us to start getting a grip on this

    Think about 50k (or however many people are infected) out of 350 million is nothing

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    At this point the raw numbers are so small. Really gotta see how things go this next week, stopping big crowds may already be enough for us to start getting a grip on this

    Think about 50k (or however many people are infected) out of 350 million is nothing
    It's nothing except to the 50k {LOL}, just messing with you -- I know what you're saying.

    But is the U.S. population 350M already? I thought it was like 315M. Pretty soon the movie "Soylent Green" is going to be a documentary instead of science fiction. Overpopulation is what will cause our doom.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,637
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    It's nothing except to the 50k {LOL}, just messing with you -- I know what you're saying.

    But is the U.S. population 350M already? I thought it was like 315M. Pretty soon the movie "Soylent Green" is going to be a documentary instead of science fiction. Overpopulation is what will cause our doom.
    327m

    Lockdown is coming, folks. Expect an announcement in the next day or 2.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,974
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    327m

    Lockdown is coming, folks. Expect an announcement in the next day or 2.
    Yep. It needs to be used as a preventative measure and not a reaction to a worsening problem!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,258
    I don't think total lockdown is necessary. The numbers seem to be climbing slow enough that partial lockdown should be good enough to get through this

    I dont recall hearing of any outbreaks in the us, just slow climbing numbers. If we keep outbreaks at bay then this should be in containment soon.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,637
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't think total lockdown is necessary. The numbers seem to be climbing slow enough that partial lockdown should be good enough to get through this

    I dont recall hearing of any outbreaks in the us, just slow climbing numbers. If we keep outbreaks at bay then this should be in containment soon.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The numbers are climbing slowly because barely anyone has been tested. FWIW I believe the confirmed cases doubled in a 3 or 4 day span though, once testing ramped up just a little bit.

    It would be so US to half-*** this thing though.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,974
    The whole point of a lockdown is to keep the **** low!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,502
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    People are so stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Painfully so.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,502
    Current tally:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •