Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My buddy that works for Apple was told to work from home for two weeks. Same thing with another friend in some sort of tech job.
    Yeah that seems to be the case with people here too. Anyone who's able to work from home already is. Just waiting for public transit to shut down then we'll see mass closures.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    People are so stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here I am at work...their are probably about 100-150 people at my facility. Then I go out in the field and interact with 25-35 different customers from all types of industries. Then I go home to my wife and 8 month old son. Why am I still having to come to work?

When searching information about a possible vaccine, I got what I expected -- conflicting stories. Some say a vaccine is about four months away, and others say 1 to 1.5 years. I wonder which is closer to being accurate.

Big announcements from Trudeau coming for Canada today at 1pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Here I am at work...their are probably about 100-150 people at my facility. Then I go out in the field and interact with 25-35 different customers from all types of industries. Then I go home to my wife and 8 month old son. Why am I still having to come to work?

At this point the raw numbers are so small. Really gotta see how things go this next week, stopping big crowds may already be enough for us to start getting a grip on this

Think about 50k (or however many people are infected) out of 350 million is nothing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    At this point the raw numbers are so small. Really gotta see how things go this next week, stopping big crowds may already be enough for us to start getting a grip on this

Think about 50k (or however many people are infected) out of 350 million is nothing
    It's nothing except to the 50k {LOL}, just messing with you -- I know what you're saying.

But is the U.S. population 350M already? I thought it was like 315M. Pretty soon the movie "Soylent Green" is going to be a documentary instead of science fiction. Overpopulation is what will cause our doom.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    It's nothing except to the 50k {LOL}, just messing with you -- I know what you're saying.

But is the U.S. population 350M already? I thought it was like 315M. Pretty soon the movie "Soylent Green" is going to be a documentary instead of science fiction. Overpopulation is what will cause our doom.
    327m

Lockdown is coming, folks. Expect an announcement in the next day or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    327m

Lockdown is coming, folks. Expect an announcement in the next day or 2.
    Yep. It needs to be used as a preventative measure and not a reaction to a worsening problem!

I don't think total lockdown is necessary. The numbers seem to be climbing slow enough that partial lockdown should be good enough to get through this

I dont recall hearing of any outbreaks in the us, just slow climbing numbers. If we keep outbreaks at bay then this should be in containment soon.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't think total lockdown is necessary. The numbers seem to be climbing slow enough that partial lockdown should be good enough to get through this

I dont recall hearing of any outbreaks in the us, just slow climbing numbers. If we keep outbreaks at bay then this should be in containment soon.

The numbers are climbing slowly because barely anyone has been tested. FWIW I believe the confirmed cases doubled in a 3 or 4 day span though, once testing ramped up just a little bit.

It would be so US to half-*** this thing though.

The whole point of a lockdown is to keep the **** low!

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    People are so stupid.

Painfully so.

Current tally: