Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3461

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He was supposed to do something about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The do nothing prediction was 2.4 million dead; hospitals overwhelmed

March 30, 2020, 4:58 AM PDT
    By Ben Kesslen

The White House coronavirus response coordinator said Monday that she is "very worried about every city in the United States" and projects 100,000 to 200,000 American deaths as a best case scenario.

In an interview on "TODAY," Dr. Deborah Birx painted a grim message about the expected fatalities, echoing that they could hit more than 2 million without any measures, as coronavirus cases continue to climb throughout the country.

"I think everyone understands now that you can go from five to 50 to 500 to 5,000 cases very quickly," Birx said.

"I think in some of the metro areas we were late in getting people to follow the 15-day guidelines," she added.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...we-do-n1171876
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Excess deaths: aka suicide, domestic abuse, substance abuse

Hallelujah for the shutdown.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

There's that partisan spin I knew I could count on some of you guys for!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

But what about all the lack of STD's with nobody see the weekly hooker

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well here's some graphs that might make your brain explode:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eaths-us.html?
    I give you the CDC and NYC.gov...

You give me The NY Times

Lol
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post

By Ben Kesslen

The White House coronavirus response coordinator said Monday that she is "very worried about every city in the United States" and projects 100,000 to 200,000 American deaths as a best case scenario.

In an interview on "TODAY," Dr. Deborah Birx painted a grim message about the expected fatalities, echoing that they could hit more than 2 million without any measures, as coronavirus cases continue to climb throughout the country.

"I think everyone understands now that you can go from five to 50 to 500 to 5,000 cases very quickly," Birx said.

"I think in some of the metro areas we were late in getting people to follow the 15-day guidelines," she added.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

Feelings matter not facts... donít you know?

But what about all the lack of STD's with nobody see the weekly hooker
    I have heard there will be an increase in birth rates this year and next year because of the lockdowns.

Will be interesting to see

Told as joke but its really satire
    Just wait a second Ė so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? Youíre kidding, right?

here is the whole list
    Fighting COVID-19. Stole this from a friend - but it made me laugh !

So we're into our 5th month of fighting COVID-19. These words made me laugh 🤣 But there's a lot of truth mixed in to consider. . .

1. So let me get this straight, thereís no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?

2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I have run out of things to do.

3. When this virus thing is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me.

4. If these last months have taught us anything, itís that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet.

5. Just wait a second Ė so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? Youíre kidding, right?

6. If you believe all this will end and we will get back to normal just because we reopen everything, raise your hand. Now slap yourself with it.

7. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.

8. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic.

9. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.

10. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors: 1. How dense the population is and 2. How dense the population is.

11. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?

12. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear itís going to take a whole vineyard to home school one.

13. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 08-13-2020 at 07:43 PM.

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I give you the CDC and NYC.gov...

You give me The NY Times

Lol
    Hilarious!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Here we are waiting for your graphs and data.... but sadly none will appear.

Iíve given you stats from NYC.gov showing that deaths are VASTLY happening to those who are also vulnerable to the flu.

Iíve given you data for CDC.gov showing that we are counting Covid deaths in a much different fashion than other viral deaths.

Iíve given you google searches from the beginning that show that what we are experiencing was what was expected to be experienced.

Whereís you nonbias data and graphs?
    Ok, heres a graph of Italy's daily cases. They went lockdown on *March 9th, and roughly 17-20 days later their daily cases started dropping.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

I want you to see this graph so that I can establish the "fact" that data across the board will lag behavior across the board by almost 3 weeks to fully show its effects. And you can choose any country and match their lockdown date to their daily case graph and it will be roughly similar.

Now let's look at New York's numbers. They started their lockdown on march 22nd, and their curve began to drop right about mid april, as expected.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

This is proof in front of your eyes that the reason new York's numbers didnt continue to rise, but instead began to decline, is because of the lockdown.

So what if the lockdown never took place?

Well I'm trying to find nyc march numbers in a graph so we can see more clearly exactly what the growth rate was at the time before march 22nd shutdown, but I cant. However here is an article mentioning the growth rate in USA right up to the time of the shut downs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-...art-2020-3?amp

It says

"Between March 10 and March 13, the number of new US cases tripled ó in part due to an increase in testing in state and private labs around the country. Between March 16 and 20, the number of cases tripled again, from about 5,600 to more than 16,600. The last 10 days have brought nearly a 10-fold increase: Between March 20 and 30, the number of cases jumped from about 16,600 to*more than 153,000."

This shows the US as having a doubling time of about 2 days. If the US double time was 2 days, then we know NYC double time was less than 2 days because they were ahead in their timeline compared to the rest of the country.

And the death rate increase from march 24 (14 deaths) to april 3rd (630 deaths) seems to be in line with this.

(14 to 630 = 14, 30, 60, 120, 240, 480. That's over five double times in 10 days, so roughly 2 day double time in that period).

So with no lockdown in place, we would continue that same growth rate of the daily death curve, meaning we go from 630 deaths on april 3rd, to 1,200 on april 5th, to 2,400 on april 7th, to 4,800 on april 9th, 9,600 on april 11th, 19,200 on april 13th and so on and so on. If we took no action then the only thing that would stop this trend would be when there are simply no more people left to infect and kill. What that ceiling is in terms of daily deaths, I dont know.

Those numbers would have collapsed our health system. NYC was already overwhelmed and they were nowhere NEAR that.

So now do you see how I find it absolutely baffling how you as a health care provider are seemingly speaking out against the lockdowns? We HAD to lockdown because our dumb *** govt (both dems and repubs) didnt do squat for 2 months. Even tho we KNEW this would happen, as all of China's reported numbers and growth rates in January are completely in line with other nations reported numbers which followed months later.

China gave us the cheat sheet and we still blew it. This is flat out incompetence, nothing else.

Non of these graphs are bias. They are just straight up objective fact. They are the reported numbers, no more no less. Yes, the reported numbers may not be entirely accurate, but they are still accurate enough for us to understand the trends and make predictions on what effects what behaviors will have on spread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-14-2020 at 02:54 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

11. 08-14-2020, 12:13 AM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

So as to not take up so much room... let me respond to each of your points.

Italy

1) Their lockdown was March 9-May 18, not July. But Iíll assume that was a legitimate mistake.

2) You know what else Italy didnít have.... riots with hundreds of thousands of protestors.

NYC
    1) You correctly state the lockdown but then you give an article that addresses cases and not hospitalizations. Even the article you posted said that ďincreased testingĒ was part of the reason numbers were going up. Not to mention that your ďdoublingĒ theory doesnít take into account that over 85% of the deaths were to 60+ years olds. And a good amount of them due to Cuomos policy mandating that sick patients be taken back into nursing homes.

2) What you fail to see is the amount of healthcare workers being signed on to work in those hospitals had to be paid. I know from
    FIRSTHAND experience where that money is coming from. So again... the deaths in NYC are exaggerated because of funding. Those people did die... but they didnít die of Covid. They died with Covid but they would have died with the flu as well. And we donít stop our country for the flu each year.

Youíre using numbers that you have no clue about. There just numbers to you. You donít know anything about the healthcare field or how it operates. Youíre trusting that everything that is out there is truth. Itís not. Hospitals lost a TON of money when everything got shut down. They had to recoup it somehow. Iím not saying itís right or itís wrong but it is exaggerated because of loss of income.

If youíre so much smarter than the people controlling our country... run for office. I choose to believe that most everyone did what they felt was right. Even Cuomo, who by far handled this the worst. I donít believe that he meant to kill anyone.

So are you smarter than Fauci and Birx? Because Iím pretty sure we did exactly as they suggested.

13. 08-14-2020, 02:54 AM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

So as to not take up so much room... let me respond to each of your points.

Italy

1) Their lockdown was March 9-May 18, not July. But Iíll assume that was a legitimate mistake.

2) You know what else Italy didnít have.... riots with hundreds of thousands of protestors.

NYC
    1) You correctly state the lockdown but then you give an article that addresses cases and not hospitalizations. Even the article you posted said that ďincreased testingĒ was part of the reason numbers were going up. Not to mention that your ďdoublingĒ theory doesnít take into account that over 85% of the deaths were to 60+ years olds. And a good amount of them due to Cuomos policy mandating that sick patients be taken back into nursing homes.

2) What you fail to see is the amount of healthcare workers being signed on to work in those hospitals had to be paid. I know from
    FIRSTHAND experience where that money is coming from. So again... the deaths in NYC are exaggerated because of funding. Those people did die... but they didnít die of Covid. They died with Covid but they would have died with the flu as well. And we donít stop our country for the flu each year.

Youíre using numbers that you have no clue about. There just numbers to you. You donít know anything about the healthcare field or how it operates. Youíre trusting that everything that is out there is truth. Itís not. Hospitals lost a TON of money when everything got shut down. They had to recoup it somehow. Iím not saying itís right or itís wrong but it is exaggerated because of loss of income.

If youíre so much smarter than the people controlling our country... run for office. I choose to believe that most everyone did what they felt was right. Even Cuomo, who by far handled this the worst. I donít believe that he meant to kill anyone.

So are you smarter than Fauci and Birx? Because Iím pretty sure we did exactly as they suggested.
    I meant March, I edited that.

Ok, I didnt say anything about protests. I said I would show you what would have happened if we didnt shut down, so that's what I did.

Yes, increased testing played its role, that's fine, it doesn't negate all the other realities of the data set as I have pointed out to you.

Ok, that's fine, I didnt say Cuomo did a good.job of handling the pandemic, you keep harping on partisan headlines.

Sure, certain numbers are being exaggerated, I dont doubt that, I've said as much myself. But again, doesn't negate all the other realities associated with the spreading pandemic.

What I do know about these numbers is that basic epidemiology tells us some simple ways we can try to significantly reduce spread. Doing nothing from January to march 17 was an absolute fail by our govt.

If you run my campaign I'll run for office.

No, trump turned on Fauci because he wouldnt cater to his stupidity.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

That's a fair point. Its probably not a big percentage of the overall excess deaths, but yes, its definitely something that needs to be considered if we want more accurate numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I meant March, I edited that.

Ok, I didnt say anything about protests. I said I would show you what would have happened if we didnt shut down, so that's what I did.

Yes, increased testing played its role, that's fine, it doesn't negate all the other realities of the data set as I have pointed out to you.

Ok, that's fine, I didnt say Cuomo did a good.job of handling the pandemic, you keep harping on partisan headlines.

Sure, certain numbers are being exaggerated, I dont doubt that, I've said as much myself. But again, doesn't negate all the other realities associated with the spreading pandemic.

What I do know about these numbers is that basic epidemiology tells us some simple ways we can try to significantly reduce spread. Doing nothing from January to march 17 was an absolute fail by our govt.

If you run my campaign I'll run for office.

No, trump turned on Fauci because he wouldnt cater to his stupidity.

You keep saying Iím partisan but then you continually blast Trump.

Trump turning on Fauci was a relatively new thing. Fauci has been heading everything up until just a month or so ago. So anything that happened in the early goings had Fauci written all over it. And Iím not saying Fauci did anything wrong. I think he did the best he could with what we knew.

Youíd say we did nothing? Trump placed a travel ban and mandatory quarantine for all incoming ChinesE flights. And of course was labeled a racist for doing so. Maybe you should be looking at the party that is tying the hands of the president if you think he handled it wrong.

Question... has Trump ever done anything right in your eyes? Doesnít have to be about Covid, just anything at all.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Coronavirus

By Ben Kesslen

Let me rephrase. He was suppose to do more. He should have lead coordinated testing and tracing, and sent a consistent message with a set uniform guidelines. If he did we would have gotten much better at dealing with it over time and been able to avoid as many additional hot spots. Fact is we didnít get better so the projection played out.

We still donít have the appropriate infrastructure to deal with flair ups. Given the resources in America our response is a massive failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-14-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.