Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 231 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3461

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Exactly what "ignorance" have I spread? Enlighten me.

The only claim I've made is that the numbers aren't real. You agreed, correct?
    What ignorance have you spread? It's all here for anyone to read, I'm not going to give it any further credence by repeating it.

....and no, I did not agree that "the numbers aren't real". Don't put words in my mouth. I said there's a margin of error in collating data like this that can't really be avoided. Huge difference.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yes, but I can understand how that is over your head. So I will explain it. But I will start by saying that I understand that the biggest use of masks is to prevent the spread from the wearer.

First, lots of people are wearing better masks than the typical mask. Lots of surgical masks, N95, N99, hell I even saw a guy wearing a half face respirator out one day. Pretty obvious that people wearing those masks are getting great protection.

Second, While the virus itself can obviously get through the cloth mask, it can still provide some help. It can prevent droplets from getting around your mouth and nose. And, it can help prevent you from touching your face.

Here's someone more acclaimed than myself

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
    Again, with the masks currently available to the general public you are not going to get protection from contracting the virus. There is a minuscule possibility that they will stop a large respiratory droplet, but when there is a respiratory droplet present there are also respiratory aerosols present.

https://www.google.com/search?q=n95+...w=1920&bih=950
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    All that adds up to a big nothing burger in the whole scheme of things, yes. Furthermore, you calling me out as "ignorant" is monumentally and hysterically hypocritical. Keep flipping out and angrily repeating yourself though; very effective debate tactic.

Weird, why won't you answer?

Exactly what have you provided again?

What ignorance have you spread? It's all here for anyone to read, I'm not going to give it any further credence by repeating it.

....and no, I did not agree that "the numbers aren't real". Don't put words in my mouth. I said there's a margin of error in collating data like this that can't really be avoided. Huge difference.
    Cool approach.

All that adds up to a big nothing burger in the whole scheme of things, yes. Furthermore, you calling me out as "ignorant" is monumentally and hysterically hypocritical. Keep flipping out and angrily repeating yourself though; very effective debate tactic.

You incorrectly assumed I was a Trump backing conspiracy theorist. I am neither. You doing so showed ignorance, I can't help the shoe fits.

Much higher than the numbers circulating: both total number of people with the virus and total dead (especially the former). Do you have a super cool conspiracy to share with us too?
    Agreeing the numbers aren't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    90% you say? Would love to see that data.
    What data? I said go ask all the healthcare workers you know if healthy young people are at risk for getting seriously sick with COVID. There is no data.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Again, with the masks currently available to the general public you are not going to get protection from contracting the virus. There is a minuscule possibility that they will stop a large respiratory droplet, but when there is a respiratory droplet present there are also respiratory aerosols present.

Oh neat. More partisan lies. No one said the masks completely eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19, whereas plenty of people that are actually paying attention are aware that they are helpful in slowing the spread.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I have nothing?

I'm living through multiple examples I have provided. Nothing? I've given direct accounts of situations that have occurred in my own community/town/county. I've given you the source of the information (saline County Health Department), I've given an "opinion" of someone in the medical field (never claimed it was anything more than his own opinion and asked what others thoughts were on the numbers), I've given my affiliation with the healthcare field through personal/professional experience, I've given work related experience as it has affected my staff/business (positive test results without being tested through mobil testing center). Al the while you act like a toddler with his thumbs in his ears screaming the na na na na boo boo with your tongue out. Exactly what have YOU provided again, other than insult and deflection to easy to answer yes or no questions? I'm not in to some big conspiracy, my questions and curiosity aren't some big political tin-foil hat endeavor. Sorry your claims are based on ignorance in that regard.

Question, simple yes or no.

Elderly man test positive for COVID. Elderly man dies in car wreck.

Should elderly man be listed as a COVID related death?

I bet, as before, you won't answer.
    Why do you even bother? Its not worth it. There are others on here who want to have an actual dialogue. Talking to guys like this just muddy the waters and the discussions.

Thats simply no true. Masks are not perfect but they do offer a level of protection against the spread of any virus or bacteria. And its beyond "minuscule". If it didnt, we wouldnt be wearing them in the hospitals.Some masks are better than others but all of them are effective to different extents.

Weird, why won't you answer?

Exactly what have you provided again?
    Atta boi: keep repeating yourself, keep providing zero proof for any of your claims, and keep deflecting.
    You incorrectly assumed I was a Trump backing conspiracy theorist. I am neither. You doing so showed ignorance, I can't help the shoe fits.
    If that's the best rebuttal you have for everything I've said....congrats?

Everyone else in this thread that's been losing their **** over the last few days when pressed for citations or proof in any of their assertions are all Trumpsters last I checked: JackTheRipper, dbroncsinmo, 20thk. Batting .750 ain't too bad. Keep spreading your "doctor friend's" assertion that 90% of the COVID-19 death tally is phony and that a man who died in a car crash was counted towards the COVID-19 death tally though. Really helps bolster your claim that you aren't a conspiracy theorist.
    Agreeing the numbers aren't real.
    Wrong once again. Understandable though, as the vast majority of your arguments appear to have zero grounding in reality.

Thank you for conclusively showing everyone that you don't understand the difference between data with an "expected margin of error" and data that is straight up "not real".

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Thats simply no true. Masks are not perfect but they do offer a level of protection against the spread of any virus or bacteria. And its beyond "minuscule". If it didnt, we wouldnt be wearing them in the hospitals.Some masks are better than others but all of them are effective to different extents.
    No **** they offer protection against spread. That was never the point. Please actually follow the conversation before chiming in:

I never said it was the WHO. It was other countries who are far more experienced in dealing with pandemics. Taiwan, China, etc. It’s literally a no brainer. Look at all the professions that require masks for health and safety to protect from dusts, powders, any other hazardous material. How could people not think masks are a good idea? God, imagine if there was social media when seatbelts were made mandatory. The pushback would have been incredible. “You’re violating my rights! I have the right to be comfortable when driving! I have a medical exception for my shoulder pain!”
    Are you insinuating that wearing a mask of the type that is currently available prevents the mask wearer from contracting covid? Is that what you're saying?
    Yes, but I can understand how that is over your head. So I will explain it. But I will start by saying that I understand that the biggest use of masks is to prevent the spread from the wearer.

First, lots of people are wearing better masks than the typical mask. Lots of surgical masks, N95, N99, hell I even saw a guy wearing a half face respirator out one day. Pretty obvious that people wearing those masks are getting great protection.

Second, While the virus itself can obviously get through the cloth mask, it can still provide some help. It can prevent droplets from getting around your mouth and nose. And, it can help prevent you from touching your face.

Here's someone more acclaimed than myself

Oh neat. More partisan lies. No one said the masks completely eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19, whereas plenty of people that are actually paying attention are aware that they are helpful in slowing the spread.

See above post Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Why do you even bother? Its not worth it. There are others on here who want to have an actual dialogue. Talking to guys like this just muddy the waters and the discussions.
    Ever taken a good long look in the mirror? You want an echo chamber of ignorant talking points, not an actual dialogue. That much is beyond obvious.

Being a healthcare worker does not in any way preclude you from spreading ignorant nonsense (as this thread and the posts of you and Jack are perfect evidence of). Keep gaslighting though; I know it's all you got.

Again, with the masks currently available to the general public you are not going to get protection from contracting the virus.
    No **** they offer protection against spread.