Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 192 of 231 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3461

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2866
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know. Something more authoritarian. I like checks and balances, but we gotta lean more authoritarian. Also something more transparent.

    Media is very much at the core of our issues. I dont know what I would do tho.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    SHARIA!!!! Lol jk

  2. #2867
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Are you insinuating that wearing a mask of the type that is currently available prevents the mask wearer from contracting covid? Is that what you're saying?
    Yes, but I can understand how that is over your head. So I will explain it. But I will start by saying that I understand that the biggest use of masks is to prevent the spread from the wearer.

    First, lots of people are wearing better masks than the typical mask. Lots of surgical masks, N95, N99, hell I even saw a guy wearing a half face respirator out one day. Pretty obvious that people wearing those masks are getting great protection.

    Second, While the virus itself can obviously get through the cloth mask, it can still provide some help. It can prevent droplets from getting around your mouth and nose. And, it can help prevent you from touching your face.

    Here's someone more acclaimed than myself

    ďI think thereís enough evidence to say that the best benefit is for people who have COVID-19 to protect them from giving COVID-19 to other people, but youíre still going to get a benefit from wearing a mask if you donít have COVID-19,Ē said Chin-Hong.
    https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

  3. #2868
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,722
    Thanks for the responses guys, I finally had the time to come back to these responses.

    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    My daughter is starting her senior year. She is going back to school.
    I would be a lot more comfortable with a child that age. I'm guessing around 18. They should be better at being responsible about it than the younger kids.


    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    We just made the option to homeschool as well. We didnít want to have to do that but we just donít trust the situation at the schools. Itís a catch 22 because her son is delayed and absolutely needs the schooling and interaction but he also wonít be able to take part in the precautions.

    Not sure if yours is the entire year but ours is just set up for this semester and I believe itís after October we have the ability to send into school if we want.

    Our choice became a little easier because weíre both staying remote until at least December and his dad will be home throughout as well too. So there has already been scheduling set up for all of his (his grandparents as well) all taking ownership on the schooling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand your decision. Our hard part will be working full time and doing home schooling. There is going to be real expectations going forward, not the half assed stuff we had to finish the year.

    We have just been told that we can choose to rejoin at school learning, but it could take up to a month after notifying them if we opt out at the beginning. But at least the option is there now should things be fine at some point.


    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh thank God.

    I been watching this school thing getting more and more political, and I thought they were just gonna recklessly open up again to make a point and lead to a third freakin shut down.

    Seems like they are starting to wise up tho, if we're talking about opening schools then certain guidelines need to be in place. Had we put restrictions in place for businesses that opened there would've been no second shut downs and recent surges l.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The people here are questioning how we can't have bigger gatherings than 10 people, but we can send up to 1500 kids together into the same school with up to 33 people in each class (30 students, teacher, 2 support staff). They have hired 900 new custodians and bragged about it. But there's 4800 public schools. The math isn't that hard. It's less than 1 for every 5 schools.


    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not an option for us. First four weeks is online then a re-eval.
    I kind of wish it wasn't an option for us too. I feel like they had 5 months to prepare, and spent the whole time hoping it would just go away. Well here we are and no real strides have been made here for us as far as planning and infrastructure. Of course, I'm not in the US, so I can only imagine what parents in some of those ravaged states are feeling like. Of course, the IOTUS dropped the line about child immunity some people will buy into that too.

  4. #2869
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,163
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    SHARIA!!!! Lol jk
    Oh you already know I'm with it [emoji41]

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #2870
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,825
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    He actually posted his 'come help me' comment in the politics forum. Hence Ewing's assistance.
    Iíve posted in this thread before and I gave one of the posters I disagree with on some bigger points credit for bringing some real experience based medical knowledge to this thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #2871
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,478
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not deflecting at all, big guy. I gave my honest answer to your phony, loaded question. Good to see you continue to supply zero evidence for any of your claims.
    Phony and loaded? Lulz.

    Simple yes or no.

  7. #2872
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,478
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't have to be an expert to know that you have provided zero evidence for your wild claims. It's okay though, I know exactly why you haven't. Maybe you could learn to navigate an adult conversation with something more than cheap hearsay and flimsy opinions before the next time you reply to me.
    Hearsay? Flimsy opinion?

    Dude, youíre actually more of a joke than I thought.

  8. #2873
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,323
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hearsay? Flimsy opinion?

    Dude, youíre actually more of a joke than I thought.
    where is the evidence though? if you are gonna call him a joke at least refute his opinion


    all you did was say his opinion and then insult but gave no insight on why he is wrong or where the proof is etc... seems dumb

  9. #2874
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,478
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    where is the evidence though? if you are gonna call him a joke at least refute his opinion


    all you did was say his opinion and then insult but gave no insight on why he is wrong or where the proof is etc... seems dumb
    How would you like me to prove personal experience?

  10. #2875
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,478
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    where is the evidence though? if you are gonna call him a joke at least refute his opinion


    all you did was say his opinion and then insult but gave no insight on why he is wrong or where the proof is etc... seems dumb
    All heís done is stick his fingers in his ears and scream la la la to any post that contradicts his belief. Iíve provided personal experience, shared opinion of someone I know (never claimed he was right, just offered perspective, etc.). Iíve given my opinion that numbers arenít real, backed up with my personal and professional situations that speak to the issue. Iíve asked a simple yes or no question that he wonít answer because he thinks others are running around in tin foil hats. Iíve never said he was ďwrongĒ either. Good try though.

  11. #2876
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,478
    Comical that you have to ďlove trumpĒ in order to have a different opinion. Iím certainly not a trump fan so there goes that theory at least.

  12. #2877
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,323
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Comical that you have to ďlove trumpĒ in order to have a different opinion. Iím certainly not a trump fan so there goes that theory at least.
    i dont hate or love trump... i personally dont give a **** about the presidency because its an overrated position that has no actual power... our country has become a joke and not because of trump but the **** we have done for decades now... I am just simly asking you not to be an ignorant idiot and to prove him wrong before calling him an idiot... tell him or whomever where they are wrong.... go on.

  13. #2878
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    All heís done is stick his fingers in his ears and scream la la la to any post that contradicts his belief. Iíve provided personal experience, shared opinion of someone I know (never claimed he was right, just offered perspective, etc.). Iíve given my opinion that numbers arenít real, backed up with my personal and professional situations that speak to the issue. Iíve asked a simple yes or no question that he wonít answer because he thinks others are running around in tin foil hats. Iíve never said he was ďwrongĒ either. Good try though.
    No, the evidence has been presented very well over and over and over and over again. Yet there's a group of you that refuse to believe it for whatever reason. It feels like it's the typical attitude of the American population which really explains the current state of the pandemic there. America's reaction is worse than that of 3rd world countries with no infrastructure to deal with it. You can bicker about slight over counting, or how you think deaths should be counted, but it doesn't change the fact that the numbers are there in plain sight to see.

    There's a group of you that are so proud of yourselves for ganging up and slinging personal insults, but what it really is, is a circle jerk of people who are just wrong and patting themselves on the back like there's something to be proud of. You guys should be embarrassed, not proud, you're the laughing stock of the entire world right now.

  14. #2879
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,350
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    No, the evidence has been presented very well over and over and over and over again. Yet there's a group of you that refuse to believe it for whatever reason. It feels like it's the typical attitude of the American population which really explains the current state of the pandemic there. America's reaction is worse than that of 3rd world countries with no infrastructure to deal with it. You can bicker about slight over counting, or how you think deaths should be counted, but it doesn't change the fact that the numbers are there in plain sight to see.

    There's a group of you that are so proud of yourselves for ganging up and slinging personal insults, but what it really is, is a circle jerk of people who are just wrong and patting themselves on the back like there's something to be proud of. You guys should be embarrassed, not proud, you're the laughing stock of the entire world right now.
    ^^^^


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #2880
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,323
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    No, the evidence has been presented very well over and over and over and over again. Yet there's a group of you that refuse to believe it for whatever reason. It feels like it's the typical attitude of the American population which really explains the current state of the pandemic there. America's reaction is worse than that of 3rd world countries with no infrastructure to deal with it. You can bicker about slight over counting, or how you think deaths should be counted, but it doesn't change the fact that the numbers are there in plain sight to see.

    There's a group of you that are so proud of yourselves for ganging up and slinging personal insults, but what it really is, is a circle jerk of people who are just wrong and patting themselves on the back like there's something to be proud of. You guys should be embarrassed, not proud, you're the laughing stock of the entire world right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •