Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2521

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I just don't see a vaccine happening. 8 members of the US Navy have now tested positive a second time, doesn't look good for vaccines.
    It has been shown that they are not contagious. They probably did not completely clear the virus. I'm not sure if I would test positive with the nasal swab or not. I have antibodies, so I am not worried. Did you hear if they tested for antibodies?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It has been shown that they are not contagious. They probably did not completely clear the virus. I'm not sure if I would test positive with the nasal swab or not. I have antibodies, so I am not worried. Did you hear if they tested for antibodies?
    I didn’t. But there’s also a lot of misinformation from the antibody tests. Or at least there was a couple of weeks ago.

Stores refusing to serve customers who wear masks, lol. Good bless america

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-face-masks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Stores refusing to serve customers who wear masks, lol. Good bless america

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-face-masks
    They should be turning away customers who don't wear some sort of mask. It's times like these that the far left and (in this case) the far right show even more how annoying and stupid they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    They should be turning away customers who don't wear some sort of mask. It's times like these that the far left and (in this case) the far right show even more how annoying and stupid they are.
    Agreed. This shows just how poisonous our media/political system has become.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

They are protesting in israel right now as Netanyahu is on trial for corruption. Look at the protests. EVERYONE is wearing a mask. Look at the beaches in America. No one is.

Our entire media/political system is on a diff page than most of the world. This is what happens when sensationalism overrides journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    New UCLA antibody study shows much lower mortality rate and infection rate

Of the 863 individuals tested in early April, 4.1 percent were found to have COVID-19 antibodies. When adjusting for statistical margin of error, researches originally estimated that 2.8 percent to 5.6 percent of the county's adult population has already been infected, which translates to 221,000 to 442,000 people. In the new updated JAMA version, researchers settle on a more precise prevalence figure of 4.65 percent, or 360,000 residents infected by early April. For reference, there were nearly 8,000 confirmed cases when the study was conducted.

Article here
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorsp...y-15283660.php
    Horrifically bad science that has been soundly rebutted in peer review. There was a huge selection bias in their "random" sampling in that most of the people tested had symptoms at one time or another hence the testing. Probably another questionably funded study by someone with an economic agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Agreed. This shows just how poisonous our media/political system has become.

Yep. Its absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That seems way excessive. We're at 2400 right now. I can't see it getting up to 100-200K.
    It took a little less than two months for 2400 to get up to the 100k you originally thought sounded excessive. That's what happens when every virus positive person infects 3 to 5 other people and so on...

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Horrifically bad science that has been soundly rebutted in peer review. There was a huge selection bias in their "random" sampling in that most of the people tested had symptoms at one time or another hence the testing. Probably another questionably funded study by someone with an economic agenda.
    peer review happens before a paper is published... It was not rebutted in peer review, it was published in a JAMA jounral

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766367
    Last edited by flips333; 05-25-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

hi,
    Most people who contract the virus will have mild symptoms and can recover on their own at home. But people over age 50 and people who have heart disease, lung disease or weakened immune systems seem to be more at risk for serious infections that could lead to pneumonia and difficulty breathing, Dr. Esper says. Children have symptoms similar to adult, but typically their illness is mild.Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after being exposed and are what one would expect from a typical upper respiratory infection:

Cough.
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
    Chills.
    Fever.
    Muscle pain.
    New loss of taste or smell.
    Sore throat.

Turing Test alert.

Quote Originally Posted by john_smith View Post
    hi,
    Most people who contract the virus will have mild symptoms and can recover on their own at home. But people over age 50 and people who have heart disease, lung disease or weakened immune systems seem to be more at risk for serious infections that could lead to pneumonia and difficulty breathing, Dr. Esper says. Children have symptoms similar to adult, but typically their illness is mild.Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after being exposed and are what one would expect from a typical upper respiratory infection:

Cough.
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
    Chills.
    Fever.
    Muscle pain.
    New loss of taste or smell.
    Sore throat.

Some people experience intestinal problems with this disease, as I did. I did not experience lung problems at all. I also experienced extreme fatigue and I still do not have my stamina back yet after 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    It took a little less than two months for 2400 to get up to the 100k you originally thought sounded excessive. That's what happens when every virus positive person infects 3 to 5 other people and so on...
    K. I was wrong, which I've admitted more than once already.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    K. I was wrong, which I've admitted more than once already.
    I don't think any of us were correct. Just going back and looking how the discussion evolved over time. Fun to do that across all subjects. I am wrong at least 51% of the time when I look at my old posts.