Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2521

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2116
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I just don't see a vaccine happening. 8 members of the US Navy have now tested positive a second time, doesn't look good for vaccines.
    It has been shown that they are not contagious. They probably did not completely clear the virus. I'm not sure if I would test positive with the nasal swab or not. I have antibodies, so I am not worried. Did you hear if they tested for antibodies?

  2. #2117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It has been shown that they are not contagious. They probably did not completely clear the virus. I'm not sure if I would test positive with the nasal swab or not. I have antibodies, so I am not worried. Did you hear if they tested for antibodies?
    I didn’t. But there’s also a lot of misinformation from the antibody tests. Or at least there was a couple of weeks ago.

  3. #2118
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,597
    Stores refusing to serve customers who wear masks, lol. Good bless america

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-face-masks

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #2119
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Stores refusing to serve customers who wear masks, lol. Good bless america

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-face-masks
    They should be turning away customers who don't wear some sort of mask. It's times like these that the far left and (in this case) the far right show even more how annoying and stupid they are.

  5. #2120
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,597
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    They should be turning away customers who don't wear some sort of mask. It's times like these that the far left and (in this case) the far right show even more how annoying and stupid they are.
    Agreed. This shows just how poisonous our media/political system has become.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #2121
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,597
    They are protesting in israel right now as Netanyahu is on trial for corruption. Look at the protests. EVERYONE is wearing a mask. Look at the beaches in America. No one is.

    Our entire media/political system is on a diff page than most of the world. This is what happens when sensationalism overrides journalism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #2122
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    New UCLA antibody study shows much lower mortality rate and infection rate

    Of the 863 individuals tested in early April, 4.1 percent were found to have COVID-19 antibodies. When adjusting for statistical margin of error, researches originally estimated that 2.8 percent to 5.6 percent of the county's adult population has already been infected, which translates to 221,000 to 442,000 people. In the new updated JAMA version, researchers settle on a more precise prevalence figure of 4.65 percent, or 360,000 residents infected by early April. For reference, there were nearly 8,000 confirmed cases when the study was conducted.

    Article here
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorsp...y-15283660.php
    Horrifically bad science that has been soundly rebutted in peer review. There was a huge selection bias in their "random" sampling in that most of the people tested had symptoms at one time or another hence the testing. Probably another questionably funded study by someone with an economic agenda.

  8. #2123
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,429
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Agreed. This shows just how poisonous our media/political system has become.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep. Its absolutely disgusting.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #2124
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That seems way excessive. We're at 2400 right now. I can't see it getting up to 100-200K.
    It took a little less than two months for 2400 to get up to the 100k you originally thought sounded excessive. That's what happens when every virus positive person infects 3 to 5 other people and so on...

  10. #2125
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    14,711
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Horrifically bad science that has been soundly rebutted in peer review. There was a huge selection bias in their "random" sampling in that most of the people tested had symptoms at one time or another hence the testing. Probably another questionably funded study by someone with an economic agenda.
    peer review happens before a paper is published... It was not rebutted in peer review, it was published in a JAMA jounral

    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766367
    Last edited by flips333; 05-25-2020 at 11:40 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #2126
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1
    hi,
    Most people who contract the virus will have mild symptoms and can recover on their own at home. But people over age 50 and people who have heart disease, lung disease or weakened immune systems seem to be more at risk for serious infections that could lead to pneumonia and difficulty breathing, Dr. Esper says. Children have symptoms similar to adult, but typically their illness is mild.Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after being exposed and are what one would expect from a typical upper respiratory infection:

    Cough.
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
    Chills.
    Fever.
    Muscle pain.
    New loss of taste or smell.
    Sore throat.

  12. #2127
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,688
    Turing Test alert.

  13. #2128
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by john_smith View Post
    hi,
    Most people who contract the virus will have mild symptoms and can recover on their own at home. But people over age 50 and people who have heart disease, lung disease or weakened immune systems seem to be more at risk for serious infections that could lead to pneumonia and difficulty breathing, Dr. Esper says. Children have symptoms similar to adult, but typically their illness is mild.Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after being exposed and are what one would expect from a typical upper respiratory infection:

    Cough.
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
    Chills.
    Fever.
    Muscle pain.
    New loss of taste or smell.
    Sore throat.

    Some people experience intestinal problems with this disease, as I did. I did not experience lung problems at all. I also experienced extreme fatigue and I still do not have my stamina back yet after 6 weeks.

  14. #2129
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36,274
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    It took a little less than two months for 2400 to get up to the 100k you originally thought sounded excessive. That's what happens when every virus positive person infects 3 to 5 other people and so on...
    K. I was wrong, which I've admitted more than once already.

  15. #2130
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    K. I was wrong, which I've admitted more than once already.
    I don't think any of us were correct. Just going back and looking how the discussion evolved over time. Fun to do that across all subjects. I am wrong at least 51% of the time when I look at my old posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •