Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 2154

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #946
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    318
    Well now it is expanding for a month. But worry about the youth and Millennial crowds that have short attention spans. And just think they are invincible. Well sorry to say they are not. Be considerate of your fellow senior citizens and the vulnerable.
    Peace Not War!

  2. #947
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,213
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    For sure.

    While I absolutely agree he hasn't handled things great as a whole, not even close, but no matter what he did people would have complained and crucified him.
    Agreed. And it also doesn't help that the governors aren't all on the same page here. You've got guys like DeWine in Ohio and Hogan in Maryland who have shut it down, and then there are states that still haven't done much, if any, social distancing requirements and many public places still open. Heck, Delaware went on a lockdown because people were coming from areas where they were being locked down and trying to go about their daily routine.

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,213
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well now it is expanding for a month. But worry about the youth and Millennial crowds that have short attention spans. And just think they are invincible. Well sorry to say they are not. Be considerate of your fellow senior citizens and the vulnerable.
    Not sure how you get Millennials ignoring this. Most Millennials are working the "essential" jobs and are the ones who want social distancing the most. It's the generation behind them that you want.

  4. #949
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,273
    If Trumps actions in late January and all of February reflect his communication about this, I don’t see how any sane person can’t put much of the lack of preparation we have blame on him.

    Now if he was saying one thing but doing another in the background then I don’t really have an issue with his response. Although I have a tremendous amount of doubt to this. Or should I say “incredible” amount of doubt because everything lately seems to be incredible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #950
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,368
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Agreed. And it also doesn't help that the governors aren't all on the same page here. You've got guys like DeWine in Ohio and Hogan in Maryland who have shut it down, and then there are states that still haven't done much, if any, social distancing requirements and many public places still open. Heck, Delaware went on a lockdown because people were coming from areas where they were being locked down and trying to go about their daily routine.
    When states aren't on the same page, to me that represents a national problem, not state.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #951
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,582
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    of course... imagine what would have happened had he come out and said thousands will die/we will close all stores/hospitals will be over run/schools and work will be shut down... the toilet paper shortage alone would be world ending... we would be wiping our ***** with news paper right now.

    Had he come out and did this mass panic would have happened and people would have been blaming him for being truthful lol.
    Disagree because they saw it coming and nothing was done.

  7. #952
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,582
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Not sure how you get Millennials ignoring this. Most Millennials are working the "essential" jobs and are the ones who want social distancing the most. It's the generation behind them that you want.
    Not just millennials dude, when I go to work I usually go to target in the mornings to look for supplies and you will see a lot of older people out there and not even prepared for the situation.

    When I get home and walk I see a lot of older people there too.

    I know many of them probably don’t have anybody else to do things for them, but many are stubborn old people.

  8. #953
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,871
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol sure but some idiots will always blame the other political side for dumb things. That is never an excuse for acting dumb/wrong/divisive etc. just because some people will hate him no matter what. Any politician can say that.

    If you wanna get mad at politicians like Mayor of New York just keep that same standard when it comes to Trump. Both of them have played political games while having their own issues about their handling early on and needing to take it more seriously. They both often make things about them/take away from the crisis or what experts are saying etc. at times to push a different narrative. It is a very similar type of issue and one of them you go off on about how you can't stand and the other you seem to keep trying to defend. They both are handling this bad even if some people would complain about them had they handled it well...

    A good leader could have explained the situation while explaining essential places could stay open and so on to avoid mass panic and show it is just to get ahead of the problem. Would some people have panicked and bought all the TP and so on? Yup. Did some anyways this way? Yup. You never cater messages or deflect from common sense because some extreme people will overreact. In a situation like this where it was important that people understand what is going on to take the correct precautions that is even more true.
    i think all presidents are useless tbh lol.. our expectations for the seat is mind blowing... the nyc mayor pisses me off strictly because he did a complete 180 and is just going ham now treating this like a photo shoot.

  9. #954
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,922
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i think all presidents are useless tbh lol.. our expectations for the seat is mind blowing... the nyc mayor pisses me off strictly because he did a complete 180 and is just going ham now treating this like a photo shoot.
    I disagree with that although I think they have less power and so on than people often blame/give them credit for. They are still the leaders of the country and do have extra authority/power no other individual does. The expectation some have is way over the top but it is also a position that should have high standards (higher than an average person and even a Mayor although that is comparable at least).

    An example would be the polls shared showing democrats (and independents were up there) were almost twice as likely to think this would affect daily life/was a serious issue where less than half of Republicans thought the same earlier on in march. His messaging and rhetoric compared to experts etc. seemed to sway how they viewed the virus at the time.

    This doesn't mean it is his fault for everyone acting dumb (the overall #'s were low but there are many other factors, the partisan differences were clear though) but when his messaging is everything is ok/under control, this will go away in 2 weeks/magically disappear and so on as the leader who should be relying on our agencies/experts when giving messages then we can call it out for being an issue/misleading people. The thing about the NY mayor is he SHOULD have done a 180. Unfortunately most politicians will take a photo shoot opportunity but I agree he deserves some blame for his own handling as he did a 180 a bit late himself.

  10. #955
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,871
    news reporter 54 years old just died from the disease i assume by covering the disease? gotta start to wonder when health care worker will stop working and say to hell with their jobs at this point.... My neighbor a few houses down is 52 and had cancer twice and is in remission.... they wanted all hands on deck and she refused and quit her job... its smart but when do healthy 35-50 year olds in the field decide its just not worth it because of themselves and their families?

  11. #956
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,384
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    When states aren't on the same page, to me that represents a national problem, not state.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That could be said about any issue in politics. I mean California has legal weed Texas does not


    Unfortunately that's the beauty of America each state has it's own rules and we have all follow fed guidelines but like with weed it's federally illegal but some states got it some dont

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  12. #957
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,018
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    100k-200k deaths expected in the us.. per fauci

    https://www.fox29.com/news/fauci-pre...0k-200k-deaths


    think about how insane that is... we will be looking at what a million deaths by the time this is over maybe world wide?
    That's if everyone adhere's to what the CDC is recommending. That's best case scenario.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #958
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,018
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That seems way excessive. We're at 2400 right now. I can't see it getting up to 100-200K.
    the NYC metro area has 16-18 more days until this crests, the rest of this country hasn't even been hit yet.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #959
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,322
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...072541672.html

    Wuhan fully reopening April 8th. Shopping centers and such opened yesterday.

    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...oj0?li=AAggNb9

    Also, some estimates put Wuhan's death toll over 20,000, for that province alone. Much higher than the actual reported deaths.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 03-30-2020 at 09:26 AM.

  15. #960
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,219
    Just a quick reminder:

    POLITICIANS ARE NOT DOCTORS OR SCIENTISTS AND DO NOT ACT IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS

    They’re all owned (the few who aren’t are slandered as “extremists”) and to quote the great George Carlin “They don’t give a **** about you, they don’t give a **** about you...at all, AT ALL.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •