Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 230 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3436

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yes, but I can understand how that is over your head. So I will explain it. But I will start by saying that I understand that the biggest use of masks is to prevent the spread from the wearer.

First, lots of people are wearing better masks than the typical mask. Lots of surgical masks, N95, N99, hell I even saw a guy wearing a half face respirator out one day. Pretty obvious that people wearing those masks are getting great protection.

Second, While the virus itself can obviously get through the cloth mask, it can still provide some help. It can prevent droplets from getting around your mouth and nose. And, it can help prevent you from touching your face.

Here's someone more acclaimed than myself

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
    Couldnít agree with you more.

No, the evidence has been presented very well over and over and over and over again. Yet there's a group of you that refuse to believe it for whatever reason. It feels like it's the typical attitude of the American population which really explains the current state of the pandemic there. America's reaction is worse than that of 3rd world countries with no infrastructure to deal with it. You can bicker about slight over counting, or how you think deaths should be counted, but it doesn't change the fact that the numbers are there in plain sight to see.

There's a group of you that are so proud of yourselves for ganging up and slinging personal insults, but what it really is, is a circle jerk of people who are just wrong and patting themselves on the back like there's something to be proud of. You guys should be embarrassed, not proud, you're the laughing stock of the entire world right now.
    But that group includes the medical workers!!!

I promise you that if you ask ANY healthcare worker for their personal opinion... more than 90% will agree that this is over rated.

None of that is to say this isnít serious. Itís deadly to a certain population but most healthcare workers will say we need to protect that population and open up the rest of society.

This fear mongering over whatís gonna happen to kids or you g healthy adults is ridiculous and politically motivated.

Itís like Iím reading two different threads!!!

Which group is slinging insults? Cause itís Spliff and his friends that seem to be calling people names.

Have you seen spliff on any forum? All he does is call people names.

No, the evidence has been presented very well over and over and over and over again. Yet there's a group of you that refuse to believe it for whatever reason. It feels like it's the typical attitude of the American population which really explains the current state of the pandemic there. America's reaction is worse than that of 3rd world countries with no infrastructure to deal with it. You can bicker about slight over counting, or how you think deaths should be counted, but it doesn't change the fact that the numbers are there in plain sight to see.

There's a group of you that are so proud of yourselves for ganging up and slinging personal insults, but what it really is, is a circle jerk of people who are just wrong and patting themselves on the back like there's something to be proud of. You guys should be embarrassed, not proud, you're the laughing stock of the entire world right now.
    I made one comment and said he was a joke after he made numerous personal attacks towards me, not speaking from anyone else, just me. Look at just our conversation and please tell me where I have:

slung insults, other than the one
    patted myself on the back
    acted like there was something to be proud of
    pretended this wasn't serious

I asked legitimate questions. I've kept politics out of it.

He's provided literally nothing to me, yet you say he's provided evidence over and over. I will go back and read the whole thread, maybe what you are referring to happened prior to my involvement in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post

Which group is slinging insults? Cause itís Spliff and his friends that seem to be calling people names.

^^^

I promise you that if you ask ANY healthcare worker for their personal opinion... more than 90% will agree that this is over rated.

None of that is to say this isnít serious. Itís deadly to a certain population but most healthcare workers will say we need to protect that population and open up the rest of society.

This fear mongering over whatís gonna happen to kids or you g healthy adults is ridiculous and politically motivated.
    90% you say? Would love to see that data.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Phony and loaded? Lulz.

Simple yes or no.
    Hearsay? Flimsy opinion?

Dude, youíre actually more of a joke than I thought.
    YOU....HAVE....NOTHING. Keep squirming around and deflecting when someone calls you on your BS. Really makes you and your unsubstantiated nonsense seem super trustworthy.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

All heís done is stick his fingers in his ears and scream la la la to any post that contradicts his belief. Iíve provided personal experience, shared opinion of someone I know (never claimed he was right, just offered perspective, etc.). Iíve given my opinion that numbers arenít real, backed up with my personal and professional situations that speak to the issue. Iíve asked a simple yes or no question that he wonít answer because he thinks others are running around in tin foil hats. Iíve never said he was ďwrongĒ either. Good try though.
    You've provided nothing and are making a bigger and bigger fool of yourself the more you recoil from backing up what you're saying and instead resort to the classic "I have zero weight to my argument" tactic of insulting the person you're talking to.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Comical that you have to ďlove trumpĒ in order to have a different opinion. Iím certainly not a trump fan so there goes that theory at least.
    Trump fans and conspiracy theories often go hand in hand. Was just a guess and in no way invalidates everything I've pointed out to you. You're spreading ignorance and then throwing a hissy fit when someone calls you out for as much.

This guy gets it. Great perspective from our neighbor up north.

Dude, stop hiding your flimsy conspiracy theories behind the fact that you're a "hospital worker". It's an absolutely phony appeal to authority. One of the few hospital workers I personally know has had the most insanely stupid responses to the coronavirus out of anyone I know (both verbally and even moreso in his day to day actions), recklessly endangering himself, his family, and everyone he comes in to contact with. He's my friend but despite that, I have no problem admitting how clueless he is on this topic and it seems to really be rooted in his adoration of Donald Trump and all things Republican.

I'll also point out that the 90% figure you mentioned was completely pulled out of your ***.

Stop playing victim and trying to turn this thread in to a discussion about me. You don't have a leg to stand on in this convo and instead pull these sleazy tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    YOU....HAVE....NOTHING. Keep squirming around and deflecting when someone calls you on your BS. Really makes you and your unsubstantiated nonsense seem super trustworthy.
    I have nothing?

I'm living through multiple examples I have provided. Nothing? I've given direct accounts of situations that have occurred in my own community/town/county. I've given you the source of the information (saline County Health Department), I've given an "opinion" of someone in the medical field (never claimed it was anything more than his own opinion and asked what others thoughts were on the numbers), I've given my affiliation with the healthcare field through personal/professional experience, I've given work related experience as it has affected my staff/business (positive test results without being tested through mobil testing center). Al the while you act like a toddler with his thumbs in his ears screaming the na na na na boo boo with your tongue out. Exactly what have YOU provided again, other than insult and deflection to easy to answer yes or no questions? I'm not in to some big conspiracy, my questions and curiosity aren't some big political tin-foil hat endeavor. Sorry your claims are based on ignorance in that regard.

Question, simple yes or no.

Elderly man test positive for COVID. Elderly man dies in car wreck.

Should elderly man be listed as a COVID related death?

I bet, as before, you won't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Trump fans and conspiracy theories often go hand in hand. Was just a guess and in no way invalidates everything I've pointed out to you. You're spreading ignorance and then throwing a hissy fit when someone calls you out for as much.

Exactly what "ignorance" have I spread? Enlighten me.

The only claim I've made is that the numbers aren't real. You agreed, correct?

I have nothing?

I'm living through multiple examples I have provided. Nothing? I've given direct accounts of situations that have occurred in my own community/town/county. I've given you the source of the information (saline County Health Department), I've given an "opinion" of someone in the medical field (never claimed it was anything more than his own opinion and asked what others thoughts were on the numbers), I've given my affiliation with the healthcare field through personal/professional experience, I've given work related experience as it has affected my staff/business (positive test results without being tested through mobil testing center). Al the while you act like a toddler with his thumbs in his ears screaming the na na na na boo boo with your tongue out. Exactly what have YOU provided again, other than insult and deflection to easy to answer yes or no questions? I'm not in to some big conspiracy, my questions and curiosity aren't some big political tin-foil hat endeavor. Sorry your claims are based on ignorance in that regard.

Question, simple yes or no.

Elderly man test positive for COVID. Elderly man dies in car wreck.

Should elderly man be listed as a COVID related death?

I bet, as before, you won't answer.
    All that adds up to a big nothing burger in the whole scheme of things, yes. Furthermore, you calling me out as "ignorant" is monumentally and hysterically hypocritical. Keep flipping out and angrily repeating yourself though; very effective debate tactic.