Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 270 of 271 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271 LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4052

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The majority of the un-vaccinated are minorities. We need to get respected people for those minorities involved in pushing it.

I talked to some people at my daughters school and they didn't even realize the vaccine was free. I don't know how they didn't get that message but it somewhat illustrates how badly it's been communicated.
    Or how folks just don't take an interest in the news.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The majority of the un-vaccinated are minorities. We need to get respected people for those minorities involved in pushing it.

I talked to some people at my daughters school and they didn't even realize the vaccine was free. I don't know how they didn't get that message but it somewhat illustrates how badly it's been communicated.
    Well, that's part of what the door-to-door thing is supposed to do, and has been doing in places since like April, but once conservatives heard about it it became roving bands of Bible and gun confiscations.

I canít imagine how disconnected one must be to not realize the vaccine is free at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I canít imagine how disconnected one must be to not realize the vaccine is free at this point.
    In their case they said since the process to get it included giving health insurance information they made assumptions. If they only watch the local nightly news I could easily see it left out.

Probably should have mailed something to every address in the country that just said something like "Here is your number for your family, call this number, tell them the number and get an appointment. It is free.".

Outside of the internet reading I did I didn't get that info anywhere else. I don't watch TV news and don't do social media. If I was not consciously connected and looking for information it's not hard to miss that.

I've told many people that there are shots available for everyone with no appointment needed. That information didn't get pushed out there very well either. I got that information after I was vaccinated by noticing that the auto-attendant at the pharmacy changed from "we don't have the vaccine" to "come one come all, we've got more than we need".

It seems like a lot of the information was only other there if you were already looking for it. If the consumer is passive about it they might well not know a lot of things about it.

In their case they said since the process to get it included giving health insurance information they made assumptions. If they only watch the local nightly news I could easily see it left out.

Probably should have mailed something to every address in the country that just said something like "Here is your number for your family, call this number, tell them the number and get an appointment. It is free.".

Outside of the internet reading I did I didn't get that info anywhere else. I don't watch TV news and don't do social media. If I was not consciously connected and looking for information it's not hard to miss that.

I've told many people that there are shots available for everyone with no appointment needed. That information didn't get pushed out there very well either. I got that information after I was vaccinated by noticing that the auto-attendant at the pharmacy changed from "we don't have the vaccine" to "come one come all, we've got more than we need".

It seems like a lot of the information was only other there if you were already looking for it. If the consumer is passive about it they might well not know a lot of things about it.
    Sounds like all of that is true maybe of where you live (or where this other person did), but not here in Washington. They did a full court press, ads, public service announcements, outreach programs.

nephew had covid a bit back because my idiotic sister doesnt believe in vaccines... my nephew is constantly having breathing attacks and has half the stamina he had before. gotta love these dumbass parents that put their kids lives in danger because everything is a conspiracy.

Even if you donít watch the news, social media, or anything along those lines, unless youíre a complete hermit, how wouldnít you find out about the vaccine being free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Even if you donít watch the news, social media, or anything along those lines, unless youíre a complete hermit, how wouldnít you find out about the vaccine being free?
    It's only recently have signs that are administering the vaccine (like Walgreens) have they added it's no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's only recently have signs that are administering the vaccine (like Walgreens) have they added it's no cost.
    Iíd be quite certain everyone knows at least one person that got vaccinated. Without news or advertising, there were still means to find out what exactly goes into getting the vaccine.

I think the Ďnot knowing itís free,í is a pretty ignorant take.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Iíd be quite certain everyone knows at least one person that got vaccinated. Without news or advertising, there were still means to find out what exactly goes into getting the vaccine.

Have you asked a single soul what they paid or didn't pay? Ever on anything medical related let alone Covid? Come on now. Be intellectually honest.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Have you asked a single soul what they paid or didn't pay? Ever on anything medical related let alone Covid? Come on now. Be intellectually honest.
    Yes.

Something he masters. It's almost an art form.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Something he masters. It's almost an art form.
    Cue the degradation.

We went to a concert at a small (3000 seat) venue last night. It was pretty much sold out and about 10% of the attendees were wearing masks (ourselves included). Masks were "recommended" for those who were unvaccinated, but we wore them anyway.
    It was a great show if you like big-band and show tunes, which we both do.

I was at The National in Chicago with at least 30,000 people when you count the dealers and such. Masks were adorned by maybe 10% of the crowd.

Lollapalooza was also happening with 150,000 each day and from the pictures it looked to be about 1% masked.