black or white bdawk it's 2020 ain't no grey anymore

sent from my pixel 2 using tapatalk
    truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Black or white bdawk it's 2020 ain't no grey anymore

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    F the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Iím sure there are more than just my experiences.

I also realize the stories you bring up.

Itís a sad deal all around. I have no hidden agenda here, aside from what the resident troll suggests. Iím giving my opinion and seeking information, trying to have intelligent discussion. I appreciate your posts.
    Again, very telling that you refer to me as a troll for simply questioning some of your statements and asking you to back them up with any sort of citation or proof. This is nothing but more gaslighting by another poster pretending to be diplomatic and saying they want an intelligent discussion, yet showing the exact opposite of that.

You must really think most of the posters here are completely brain dead or something. No intelligent person is going to buy what you are selling. Demonize me all you want for daring to question your unsubstantiated information though; it only further highlights what you're up to.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I never called it a hoax.
    While you've never used those words, the picture you are painting is quite clear:

- constantly saying that the numbers "aren't real"

- matter of factly telling us that your "doctor friend" believes 90% of the COVID-19 death tally is phony

- gaslighting those who push you to back up a single one of your highly questionable claims (unless it's a mod of course)

- proudly flying to and visiting Florida with your family during this pandemic

- constantly repeating the tale of an elderly man who died in a car crash and was counted towards the COVID-19 death tally, yet staunchly refusing to provide a single shred of evidence that this actually happened

Again, you're not fooling anybody that's actually paying attention. Now go ahead and continue calling me a troll; I get it: it's all you got.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Mets, your an oncologist?

What do you make of the NYC data showing the death rates by age?

Certainly itís the largest sample size of data that we have right? So it should be the data available to make decisions on how to move forward with fighting this virus.
    I think it is needed. I also think the messaging the public has gotten from its federal govt has made less likely that people will behave responsibly. Guidelines or rules both are being ignored bc they undermined from the highest level

They came out with recommendations for re-opening, the President twitted ďliberateĒ the next day about states that didnít meet them.

Just yesterday he defended people for not wearing mask.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...161667073?s=21

We are not dealing with this well. Doing less about it seems counterintuitive. I think we should have some kind of coordinated national plan but thatís not happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I disagree as she was terminal and likely to die in the next week regardless.
    That's a wierd opinion. What if she were likely to die in the next month? Year? 5 years?

Medicine doesn't work like that, in medicine we record what happened, not what we feel could have happened. This has been the standard. If you disagree with how its recorded then your problem has nothing to do with covid, it has to do with how medicine is practiced in general.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think it is needed. I also think the messaging the public has gotten from its federal govt has made less likely that people will behave responsibly. Guidelines or rules both are being ignored bc they undermined from the highest level

They came out with recommendations for re-opening, the President twitted ďliberateĒ the next day about states that didnít meet them.

Just yesterday he defended people for not wearing mask.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...161667073?s=21

We are not dealing with this well. Doing less about it seems counterintuitive. I think we should have some kind of coordinated national plan but thatís not happening

But what seems to be suggested from the left is a one size fits all solution. Thatís not going to work. Each state faces different challenges based on it population and many other factors. The Whitehouse isnít going to, and shouldnít, make mandates that affect people in areas that are not experiencing the detrimental effects.

PDT seems to get this. But what is happening is that while the vast majority of the states are doing fine with this... some states arenít. And the media is jumping all over PDT as if itís his fault. It isnít. Itís really no ones fault but the citizens in certain areas that havenít been following recommendations. And itís their right to follow or not to follow. This isnít China.

Do I think they should? Of course! Iíd love to see this virus never take another human life. But am I willing to shut down the economy? Am I willing to force people to stay home? Am I willing to say that people shouldnít be able to gather to worship their God? Am I willing to say that those who donít listen should be jailed or to hope they get the virus? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's a wierd opinion. What if she were likely to die in the next month? Year? 5 years?

Medicine doesn't work like that, in medicine we record what happened, not what we feel could have happened. This has been the standard. If you disagree with how its recorded then your problem has nothing to do with covid, it has to do with how medicine is practiced in general.

This isnít true at all.

People donít actually die of cancer (how could you?). They die because their immune system is depressed and they get pneumonia or some other infection.

We donít usually say this person died of pneumonia. We acknowledge that cancer was the cause and the pneumonia was contracted as a result of that. The same is being done with Covid-19. If you are immunocompromised, and you contract COVID... you may die. If you are not immunocompromised, and you contract it... youíll likely survive.

This isnít true at all.

People donít actually die of cancer (how could you?). They die because their immune system is depressed and they get pneumonia or some other infection.

We donít usually say this person died of pneumonia. We acknowledge that cancer was the cause and the pneumonia was contracted as a result of that. The same is being done with Covid-19. If you are immunocompromised, and you contract COVID... you may die. If you are not immunocompromised, and you contract it... youíll likely survive.
    Ok, I could be wrong on that. I know it's not like that for other comorbidities like HIV, but maybe cancer is specifically different.

That's wierd tho, I would imagine they would record the specific infection, and specifically mention it as the direct cause of death. That kinda doesnt make sense if they dont do that.

But I dont know for sure, I could be wrong.

Last edited by nastynice; 08-08-2020 at 06:27 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Coronavirus

But what seems to be suggested from the left is a one size fits all solution. Thatís not going to work. Each state faces different challenges based on it population and many other factors. The Whitehouse isnít going to, and shouldnít, make mandates that affect people in areas that are not experiencing the detrimental effects.

PDT seems to get this. But what is happening is that while the vast majority of the states are doing fine with this... some states arenít. And the media is jumping all over PDT as if itís his fault. It isnít. Itís really no ones fault but the citizens in certain areas that havenít been following recommendations. And itís their right to follow or not to follow. This isnít China.

Do I think they should? Of course! Iíd love to see this virus never take another human life. But am I willing to shut down the economy? Am I willing to force people to stay home? Am I willing to say that people shouldnít be able to gather to worship their God? Am I willing to say that those who donít listen should be jailed or to hope they get the virus? Absolutely not.
    I disagree. The federal govt can set guidelines. States should have certain testing and tracing capacity proportional to their population before opening and should have certain standard reactions to spikes etc. these guidelines and support for infrastructure should absolutely come from the federal level. That is not one size fits all. The fact that it hasnít happened and hasnít even been attempted is great reason to criticize the President. He has failed us.

This could have been controlled. The absence of any coordinated plan is what is making this second wave as bad as it is and is why we still arenít prepared to deal with the spikes that are still to come

Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

In Colorado they were at about 50% compliance, then started imposing fines and went above 90% compliance.

Doesnt have to be like China to be effective.

PDT needs to listen to CDC. CDC should slap PDT.

lol, but seriously, PDT doesnt seem to get anything. Federal should be setting a one size fits all protocol/outline, pass to the states to execute, who can then fine tune and pass to counties to execute. Isnt that the point of this political structure?

It's strange when you say youre not willing to shut down the economy, meanwhile our leadership failing to coherently manage and control the response is the exact reason the economy had to shut down to begin with. Then shut down a SECOND time.

And lo and behold, I'm still seeing mass opposition to distancing guidelines, what a sad twist this terrible joke of a response would take if we had to shut some places back down for a THIRD wave of lockdown?? Actually, that would be par for the course...no twist at all...

I dont understand how you say you're not willing to shut down the economy when at the same time you're supporting this leadership. It played out as a complete scenario TWICE in Wuhan and Iran, then for good measure a little heads up even from Italy, and the federal govt STILL did nothing? Wtf?

Last edited by nastynice; 08-08-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Ahh....poor, misunderstood Donald Trump.

What a shock that you instantly leap to this guy's defense. You know, the same guy that is telling people that the virus is just going to "magically disappear". The same guy who has consistently trivialized the wearing of masks. The same guy that has encouraged citizens to gather and protest their state's shelter in place restrictions. The same guy that called ignoring local regulations by not wearing a mask a "peaceful protest". The president has a lot of sway amongst the people of this country and has set an absolutely reckless example for his followers, almost single handedly turning a public health issue in to a dangerously divisive political issue.

The economy has been negatively impacted, not "shut down". No one's being "forced to stay home". Church services are continuing both online (great) and in person (not so great).

Give me a ****ing break, dude. You tell people not to let personal bias color their opinions and you're doing just that (as per usual). Trump is a complete phony of a Christian, yet you stick your neck out for him as if he was Jesus Christ himself.

Wake up.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 08-09-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, I could be wrong on that. I know it's not like that for other comorbidities like HIV, but maybe cancer is specifically different.

That's wierd tho, I would imagine they would record the specific infection, and specifically mention it as the direct cause of death. That kinda doesnt make sense if they dont do that.

But I dont know for sure, I could be wrong.

Same for HIV/AIDS. No one does from it... they die because their immune system is compromised and they canít fight infection.

Same for HIV/AIDS. No one does from it... they die because their immune system is compromised and they canít fight infection.
    Yes but we still list the infection that killed them.

Which makes sense. This manner of recording let's us know what infections to expect at particular cell counts, which allows us to better track and treat patients.

It's not like HIV patients just get any random infection and die, there are certain ones we know they usually get and most likely to kill them, depending on what stage of disease the patient is at.

For example, I think the HIV list starts at counts of like 400, 200, 100, and 50. What if HIV patients with cell counts of 800 are catching covid and dying? That's a major difference, there is no doubt covid is killing these patients. They could have went on for much longer.

No matter how you slice it, the infection is still an active player in the game. It should be recorded as such.

Last edited by nastynice; 08-08-2020 at 08:26 PM.